Here's what mgmt. should do to improve this community

"Censor, suspend and BAN chronic liars. Seriously."

Then you and your fellow conservatives would be the first to go.

The lies you attempted to propagate in your immigration thread being among the more recent examples.

I don't think there are a lot of "liars" around here but I've seen a few posters on both sides do it more than once. Especially in titles. Keeps me on my toes.

Last edited:
Hey guys I started a whole thread because I'm tired of liberals constant lies! So much so that I wish the mods would do something about it. Just dont ask me what example I am using for inspiration for this thread because I'll dodge the answer repeatedly and frequently

That's beside the point and will derail the thread.

It was ok for you to claim that conservatives habitually lie but, when I informed you that liberals also lie, you went into denial and ridicule mode.

Only if you consider asking you what you are referring to as "denial and ridicule". But this is how it goes. You make a claim, I ask you a question and then you dodge being snarky first "Right because liberals never lie" then when called on the artful dodge you suggest that I am a bully.

Lets remember the only thing I asked you was this:

What lies are so pervasive that made you start the thread?

And you find that question to be unfair. Should I start with what is your favorite color and work my way up?

Look, I don't care if their political persuasion is left or right. If they're a habitual liar whose only purpose here is to advance deception by telling lie after lie after lie, then I think they probably should either change their ways or be shown the door.

If I show you the blatant lies told by liberals here you would undoubtedly start spinning and shilling and the thread would go off the rails.

I will reiterate. You had NO PROBLEM with the concept that people lie when you stated that, if such rules were implemented, there would be no conservatives here. When I stated that my motivation for writing this post was the multitude of liberal lies, you went into full denial. It's unfortunate that the truth hurts your snatch.

"Censor, suspend and BAN chronic liars. Seriously."

Then you and your fellow conservatives would be the first to go.

The lies you attempted to propagate in your immigration thread being among the more recent examples.

Feel free to enlighten me, in that thread, as to what "lies" I have told.

People love to accuse others of telling lies but usually fall short in being able to actually come up with the specific "lie" that was allegedly told.

Censor, suspend and BAN chronic liars. Seriously.

For instance. If someone makes a claim, they should be prepared to back it up. There are times that people come into this community and make statements that are patently false and, when challenged, they fail to either back up their statement or acknowledge that their statement was wrong. Basically, they're lying and spreading disinformation. I am NOT advocating for people who are well-intentioned to be censored. I AM advocating for posters who, as a matter of routine procedure, spew lie after lie after lie and are permitted to do so, day after day.

Another option would be to relegate proven and repeated, serial liars to forums such as the rubber room, conspiracy theories, etc.

I disagree wholeheartedly. First of all, many people lie without intending to do so. They are simply uninformed or misinformed which leads to them saying something that isn't true. And perhaps they are telling the truth and you've been misinformed, leading to the impression they are lying. Look at how many so-called "fact check" sites have popped up, only to become heavily politicized and biased in what they determine to be fact or not fact. Sometimes, facts are determined by subjective perceptions and several facts can be true at the same time.

No, what we need is for more people to be open minded and objective when it comes to communicating with others. To reestablish mutual respect for one another and value a difference of opinion or a differing perspective. We used to have that. Once it was lost, dialogue has spiraled and devolved into a hideous abyss of insult and denigration. The answer to that problem is not censorship. The answer is NEVER censorship.

I mostly agree with what you said. But there are people who stretch the truth or who are honestly mistaken and then there are those who make up blatant lie after lie after lie. I guess I'll just have to put them on "ignore".

Holding citizens to a higher standard than our political leaders that control our financial future. Typical.

I expect both leaders and citizens to be honest. Apparently, you don't. Sad.

And you find that question to be unfair. Should I start with what is your favorite color and work my way up?

Just so you're clear, as you appear to be on the slow side, the topic of this thread is how to deal with serial liars in this community. The topic is NOT "what lies were told". Do you understand or do I need to type it out again but more slowly so that your almond-sized brain can comprehend it?

For instance. If someone makes a claim, they should be prepared to back it up. There are times that people come into this community and make statements that are patently false and, when challenged, they fail to either back up their statement or acknowledge that their statement was wrong. Basically, they're lying and spreading disinformation. I am NOT advocating for people who are well-intentioned to be censored. I AM advocating for posters who, as a matter of routine procedure, spew lie after lie after lie and are permitted to do so, day after day.

Another option would be to relegate proven and repeated, serial liars to forums such as the rubber room, conspiracy theories, etc.

I disagree wholeheartedly. First of all, many people lie without intending to do so. They are simply uninformed or misinformed which leads to them saying something that isn't true. And perhaps they are telling the truth and you've been misinformed, leading to the impression they are lying. Look at how many so-called "fact check" sites have popped up, only to become heavily politicized and biased in what they determine to be fact or not fact. Sometimes, facts are determined by subjective perceptions and several facts can be true at the same time.

No, what we need is for more people to be open minded and objective when it comes to communicating with others. To reestablish mutual respect for one another and value a difference of opinion or a differing perspective. We used to have that. Once it was lost, dialogue has spiraled and devolved into a hideous abyss of insult and denigration. The answer to that problem is not censorship. The answer is NEVER censorship.

I mostly agree with what you said. But there are people who stretch the truth or who are honestly mistaken and then there are those who make up blatant lie after lie after lie. I guess I'll just have to put them on "ignore".

That's exactly what you have to do. I've got several on ignore. Some people are going to just come here to lie. We can either choose to confront them with truth or put them on ignore. I generally give everyone the benefit of the doubt and plenty of opportunities. But after a while, if all they want to do is lie and denigrate, and be an obnoxious troll, they go on ignore.

Holding citizens to a higher standard than our political leaders that control our financial future. Typical.

I expect both leaders and citizens to be honest. Apparently, you don't. Sad.
aab9eef3d4f0d2f6a5665f67dd2a94d1--funniest-memes-the-funniest.jpg

Just so you're clear, as you appear to be on the slow side, the topic of this thread is how to deal with serial liars in this community. The topic is NOT "what lies were told". Do you understand or do I need to type it out again but more slowly so that your almond-sized brain can comprehend it?

So I am not allowed to ask what was your inspiration for a thread about stopping liars?

Sheesh, I thought that you had prepared yourself for 1 follow up question.

If the Powers That Be do as you suggest, there wouldn't be any republican extremists left on this board.

On the other hand, that might not be a bad thing...

I'd like to see your proposed rules applied to the PINO.

I can understand what you are saying but a lot of things written here are going to be opinion based too. If they don't ban trolls from the site, they sure aren't going to ban liars. I imagine that would be a nearly impossible and really time consuming task!

I can understand what you are saying but a lot of things written here are going to be opinion based too. If they don't ban trolls from the site, they sure aren't going to ban liars. I imagine that would be a nearly impossible and really time consuming task!
Can you imagine the mods becoming the truth police?

New Topics

Forum List

Back