Here's what I have...what can I make?

koshergrl

Diamond Member
Aug 4, 2011
Less than 1lb of burger, russet potatoes, sweet potatoes, onions, baby carrots...and then staples.

So...what can I make? I know I can make hamburger soup/stew...any recipes?

Is there anything else I can make that's just crazy good? (No, I don't have cream of mushroom soup).

Less than 1lb of burger, russet potatoes, sweet potatoes, onions, baby carrots...and then staples.

Is there anything else I can make that's just crazy good? (No, I don't have cream of mushroom soup).

Omelette

Dice the onion, mix into the GB, salt and pepper, and fry/grill a hamburger streak.

Grate the potatoes, mix together and fry a potato pancake (I assume you have olive oil), season with salt and pepper after cooking.

Eat the carrots raw on the side.

Oh darnit, that sounds good but too late...

I made hamburger stew...

Editec, I notice you always expect others to look things up, including recipes. That's sort of funny!

Wrap the hamburger up in tin foil with the onions, carrots,and potatoes in single burger sized portions. Slow cook over an open fire at a camp ground north of Steamboat Springs Colorado. Open a bottle of Merlot, remove all your clothes, and call my cell number.

Oh darnit, that sounds good but too late...

I made hamburger stew...

In the future, if you're out of any cream of soups, make a simple "quick" bechamel sauce.
2 Tbsp butter
2 Tbsp flour
1 cup milk
(A light stock, cream or combination can be used in place of milk).
salt and pepper to taste
(1/4 tsp salt and a pinch of pepper is a good all around measure)
Optional: add diced onion and a pinch of ground clove.

In a heavy sauce pan melt butter on med/low heat, add flour and blend until smooth.
Heat, while frequently stirring, for at least 4 minutes then slowly add the milk, salt and pepper.
Stir very frequently until sauce thickens.
Double the recipe if more is needed.

Note: If not using immediately allow to cool and keep refrigerated. This does not freeze well so use within 3 to 5 days of making.

Forum List

Back