Here's what happens when you allow Republicans to amend bills.

Wake up Reid!! Republicans cannot be trusted. They'll fuck America with their stupidity. They don't care about doing America's job. DO NOT allow them to amend bills!

Rand Paul Fetal Personhood Amendment Stalls Flood Insurance Bill

Sen. Rand Paul (R-Ky.) moved this week to hold a noncontroversial flood insurance bill hostage until the Senate agrees that life begins at fertilization.

Are you suggesting that Harry Reid somehow bar Republicans from participating in the legislative process??

Sounds a little 3rd Reich-ish to me, Dicky Boy...

Not at all, moron. They should be free to propose bills. They shouldn't be allowed to propose poison pill amendments on bills that benefit the American people.

Wake up Reid!! Republicans cannot be trusted. They'll fuck America with their stupidity. They don't care about doing America's job. DO NOT allow them to amend bills!

Are you suggesting that Harry Reid somehow bar Republicans from participating in the legislative process??

Not at all, moron. They should be free to propose bills. They shouldn't be allowed to propose poison pill amendments on bills that benefit the American people.
I'm guessing you feel that tactic should be reserved for Democrats only?? And your premise that government-subsidized flood insurance benefits the 'American people' is so wrong it's laughable. It's nothing more than a money pot for rich bastards to build in dangerous areas without assuming their own risks.

I'm guessing you feel that tactic should be reserved for Democrats only?? And your premise that government-subsidized flood insurance benefits the 'American people' is so wrong it's laughable. It's nothing more than a money pot for rich bastards to build in dangerous areas without assuming their own risks.

the govt. offers it cause the corp insurance companies won't, and if they did you could no afford it

Huff puff huh?????? They really do like dead babies dont they?

Did you find any facts that you'd like to refute, or are you just a fucking baby?

Hey Suck,

What is there to support your claims in your OP ?

What metrics are you using ?

You wouldn't know a fact if it jumped up and bit you on your fat ass.

There is no "America's job" for them to do beyond the very LIMITED scope of work outlined in the USC. Paul is simply committing another wrong to fight a previous wrong (Roe v. Wade) because that is how low we've sunk.

You are another example of the same thing.

the govt. offers it cause the corp insurance companies won't, and if they did you could no afford it

Private insurance forces those who build in dangerous areas to assume the risk. That's what insurance is supposed to do. That's why your auto insurance rates go up after you've totalled a car or two, or piled up several moving violations.

It's called 'market forces'...

I agree, Reid needs to sack up and tell these GOP scumbags to go fuck themselves.

Hey genius when was the last time Ried took up anything that came from the house????????You truly are ignorant of the facts. By the way you might want to make sure the article isnt full shit.

well, you could continue ranting and raving and making yourself look like the subliterate buffoon i'm certain you are...

or you could stop trolling and actually say something of merit.

an impossibility, i'm certain.

and the article is accurate despite not having eminated from your rightwingnut blogosphere

if you have some proof that it isn't, it's YOUR responsibility to post it... rather than troll this thread and make yourself look even more ignorant than you are.

But don't look to any of Schillian's posts as an example of anything of merit.

She's got 50,000 turds on this board.....

But I am sure you've figured that out for yourself.

Oh, another of those "benefit the American people" tacts ?

I see.

Not that you've ever shown how that happens.

Why don't you get a job and STFU.

There goes a republican libertarian in action, crying about keeping the government out of their business while trying to put a cop in charge of everyone's uterus.

I know man it is horrible those damn republicans wanting to keep innocent babies from being murdered.

Yes, well....read Wellington's letter to Bill Clinton on the subject....it's how to keep the population of the poor in check.

:cuckoo::cuckoo::cuckoo:

naturally, only Democrats would get to decide what the GOP could and could not introduce, right?

moron.

There goes a republican libertarian in action, crying about keeping the government out of their business while trying to put a cop in charge of everyone's uterus.

I know man it is horrible those damn republicans wanting to keep innocent babies from being murdered.

Boo Hoo, try to convince me further that republicans give a damn about those poor little babies after they are born or support various programs to prevent unwanted pregnancies and I will attribute your concern to something other than christian misogyny.

Boo Hoo, try to convince me further that republicans give a damn about those poor little babies after they are born or support various programs to prevent unwanted pregnancies and I will attribute your concern to something other than christian misogyny.

A point well made.

But that is true of both sides. The right wants to prevent abortions. but seems very uninterested in preventing them. The left wants "womens" rights without really taking into account what that means (because the term "womens rights" really has no meaning).

I am running for President of the United States to enable the goddess of peace to encircle within her reach all the children of this country and all the children of the world. Speech by Dennis Kusinich, Cleveland City Council (13 October 2003)

This is a thread based upon another case of "believe like I do or obviously there is something wrong with you." You know, I really don't care what Rand Paul does most of the time just like I don't care about the CRAZY things that Dennis Kusinich says or does sometimes. You see, as a conservative I am able to ENTERTAIN ideas that perhaps are not something I would ultimately agree with. I do not feel THREATENED by opposing ideas and I do not discount them until I hear and understand them first.

Do I agree with the "personhood" amendment? No. Do I agree that the goddess of peace should encircle us with her arms? That would be nice, but I'm not really a believer so I really don't think that Dennis, like his mentor Jerry "Moonbeam" Brown, is playing with a full deck. But hey, if that's what he wants, let him knock himself out.

In the legislative process, there are bills submitted and then there are amendments suggested. If a majority of the legislators agree with the amendment, then it is attached to the bill. You know, it could even pass and be signed by the President and turns into law. Sometimes legislators submit bills or amendments that haven't got a snowball's chance in hell of being passed. But because of a strong belief, they feel it is "symbolic" enough to go ahead. I think it's a waste of time.

You know, I really don't care how "evil" the members of the board who espouse left-wing politics feel this amendment is. It will rise or fall based on it's merits...

The FAUX OUTRAGE over this amendment makes me chuckle...

It's not Sen. Paul's bill, he is a cosponsor of the bill.
It is Sen. Roger Wicker's bill and there are 19 cosponsor to the bill of which one of them is Sen. Paul.
They have been trying to get this on the floor for a vote since Jan.25th 2011.
Sen. Reid has blocked this bill for over a year and a half.
For Reid to be so righteous and upset (like it's just a new thing) that they tried to get in with the Flood Ins bill is just hypocritical.
Dem's have done the same thing, attached unrelated bills to others.
This is what needs to be changed.
They need to bring up bills by themselves and stop this attaching unrelated bills to others.
But Sen. Reid is blocking anything that he does not like.
Both ways are wrong.
The huffington Post should be ashamed of itself for not reporting the truth. Trying to make it sound like it's Sen. Paul's bill and not telling the whole story.

Sorry forgot the link to the bill :)
http://thomas.loc.gov/cgi-bin/bdquery/D?d112:1:./temp/~bdcnXr::

Last edited:
I am running for President of the United States to enable the goddess of peace to encircle within her reach all the children of this country and all the children of the world. Speech by Dennis Kusinich, Cleveland City Council (13 October 2003)

This is a thread based upon another case of "believe like I do or obviously there is something wrong with you." You know, I really don't care what Rand Paul does most of the time just like I don't care about the CRAZY things that Dennis Kusinich says or does sometimes. You see, as a conservative I am able to ENTERTAIN ideas that perhaps are not something I would ultimately agree with. I do not feel THREATENED by opposing ideas and I do not discount them until I hear and understand them first.

Do I agree with the "personhood" amendment? No. Do I agree that the goddess of peace should encircle us with her arms? That would be nice, but I'm not really a believer so I really don't think that Dennis, like his mentor Jerry "Moonbeam" Brown, is playing with a full deck. But hey, if that's what he wants, let him knock himself out.

In the legislative process, there are bills submitted and then there are amendments suggested. If a majority of the legislators agree with the amendment, then it is attached to the bill. You know, it could even pass and be signed by the President and turns into law. Sometimes legislators submit bills or amendments that haven't got a snowball's chance in hell of being passed. But because of a strong belief, they feel it is "symbolic" enough to go ahead. I think it's a waste of time.

You know, I really don't care how "evil" the members of the board who espouse left-wing politics feel this amendment is. It will rise or fall based on it's merits...

The FAUX OUTRAGE over this amendment makes me chuckle...

As much as we may bicker, I would be willing to bet that most of us here understand our legislative process. The question I have is WHY attach a known controversial "personhood" amendment to a bill that only sought to extend/expand flood insurance just prior to hurricane season?

The bill, which would financially boost the National Flood Insurance Program on the cusp of hurricane season, had been expected to pass easily in the Senate. But since Paul on Monday offered an unrelated "fetal personhood" amendment, which would give legal protections to fetuses from the moment of fertilization, Senate Majority Leader Harry Reid (D-Nev.) is threatening to halt progress on the legislation.

"I'm told last night that one of our Republican senators wants to offer an amendment -- listen to this one -- wants to offer an amendment on when life begins," Reid said on the Senate floor Tuesday. "I am not going to put up with that on flood insurance. I can be condemned by outside sources; my friends can say, 'Let them have a vote on it.' There will not be a vote on that on flood insurance. We'll either do flood insurance with the amendments that deal with flood insurance, or we won't do it. We'll have an extension."

Huff puff huh?????? They really do like dead babies dont they?

Did you find any facts that you'd like to refute, or are you just a fucking baby?

Why should fact enter this thread when none has been used from the start?

You're quite a simpleton. The fact is that Rand "faux libertarian" Paul tried to amend a bill dealing with flood insurance, with some Zygot theology amendment. Are you really this big a scumbag?

naturally, only Democrats would get to decide what the GOP could and could not introduce, right?

moron.

Not at all, ass monkey. Republicans can introduce any idiotic bill they want. Reid ought not allow it to amend bills doing the peoples business, because Republicans like Rand Paul are morons, much like yourself.

Forum List

Back