Here's something to try...

xotoxi

Platinum Member
Mar 1, 2009
Yuurmaam
1. Crank the heat in your bedroom up to 95 degrees.
2. Climb under your bed.
3. Lie there for 8 days.

Do you think you'd make it before going insane?

First of all, I don't think that I could fit underneath my bed (due to my curvaceousness), but if I could, I probably would not have enough clearance to turn my head from side to side. Therefore, I would need to lie there with my head facing exclusively to either the left or the right.

Plus, if whilst climbing underneath, the metal on the bedframe lacerated the skin on my shoulderblade, I wouldn't be able to apply any pressure or tend to it until I was rescued from underneath my bed.

2. Climb under your bed.
3. Lie there for 8 days.

I think some posters here post under those conditions.

2. Climb under your bed.
3. Lie there for 8 days.

If it's the one I saw on the news, when rescued he raised is hands in the air because he was so happy. Amazing kid.

Whatever happened to his family? Did they make it out okay?

At 95 degrees I wouldn't last 5 minutes anywhere in the house with all the windows open in the dead of winter. Anything past 67 or so . . . . forgetaboutit. <---toxi, look! the last three letters spell 'tit'. hehe

At 95 degrees I wouldn't last 5 minutes anywhere in the house with all the windows open in the dead of winter. Anything past 67 or so . . . . forgetaboutit. <---toxi, look! the last three letters spell 'tit'. hehe

Forge tab out it.

2. Climb under your bed.
3. Lie there for 8 days.

The orphanages are being hit by looters.

Looting is bad...but in this situation, can you blame them?

It's not as if they are stealing anything that is of great value. They aren't going to be able to sell anything on the black market.

Unlike looting in LA riots, when you could grab some electronics and go sell them in another neighborhood.

I have an electric blanket. On the weekends, I turn it up to high and leave it there. I alternately run around the house in my barefeet, sit at my computer, get cold, then dive under the covers. It takes about an hour for my feet to warm.

By then any children that might be in the bed with me (we can't find the remote for the tv in the living room so we're spending time in my bed watching tv lately) are essentially sweating and beet red and begging to turn off the blanket.

So now I'm warming up and then assiduously turning off the blanket before I fall asleep so I don't inadvertently cook my darlings should they crawl into bed with me at some point while I'm in a heat stroke induced coma.

I am with you, I even worked outside during hot summers but I can't handle being indoors when it is hot. If I was under my bed, the whole small space thing would get to me, I would go crazy. If they did rescue me I would probably have to go into a mental hospital. I don't do small spaces, and I couldn't take off my shoes while stuck, well it wouldn't be pretty. I would probably end up saving myself, because I would go THAT crazy.

Wife won't let me turn the heat up that high. Dog won't let me get under the bed because that where he hides his "loot" but I understand your point. Lucky kid.

New Topics

Forum List

Back