Here's one thing, of several, that is going wrong in this country.

PredFan

Diamond Member
Oct 13, 2011
In Liberal minds, rent free.
This short video is going around Facebook. It is the still picture below but with words scrolling accross it.
image.jpeg

For brevity, I have edited the story but in quotation marks is the actual text:

A school teacher introduced her students to two apples. They did not know this but secretly the teacher had repeatedly dropped one of the apples on the floor. She held up the apples and had the class discuss their similarities. They all agreed the apples were nearly indestinguishable. Then she held up the abused apple and instructed the kids to verbally abuse it. They passed it around saying mean things to the apple. Then she passed the other apple around and instructed the kids to say nice things to it. Then, after that was done she again held up the apples and discussed their similarities. They all agreed again that they were the same.

Then she cut them open and showed the kids how the apple that they had verbally abused looked very different on the inside.

"What they saw inside the apple, the bruises, the mush, and the broken bits is what is happening inside every one of us when someone mistreats us with their words or actions."

The moral of this story:
"The tongue has no bones but is strong enough to break a heart. Be careful with your words. Let's create a generation of kind, caring children."

------------------------------------------

What is wrong with this story?
Discuss.

Well, let me help then.

There are two really shitting things about this story:

1. The teacher deceived the students. It's a lie. The words did not hurt the apple at all. Dropping it on the floor did.
2. Kids today are being told that words can hurt. Instead of when I was a kid and we were taught that words cannot hurt you unless you let them. We were taught to not give other people that power over you.

This teacher, if in fact this was a true story, illustrates that lies and deception is fine as long as it accomplishes your goal. It's the whole left wing mantra: "The ends justifies the means."

One of the ways this country will be ruined.

Forum List

Back