Here's Hoping The SuperCommitie Fails

cutter

Gold Member
Oct 17, 2010
If the supercommittie in congress fails then the mandated cuts will take place in 2013. Those of us that want smaller government will get it when those cuts take place. No new taxes! Cut Cut Cut. Smaller government is the way to go.

If the supercommittie in congress fails then the mandated cuts will take place in 2013. Those of us that want smaller government will get it when those cuts take place. No new taxes! Cut Cut Cut. Smaller government is the way to go.

Half the cuts - $600 billion - will be applied to the defense industry.

DoD would be facing 15% in budget cuts.
Do you actually believe this would happen if the SC fails?
Nope, nada, no way........

They will just vote to do away with the mandated cuts if the committee fails. There already has been talk of that happening. With Congress nothing is set in stone and if the committee fails the Democrats and Republicans will join together to stop the cuts. The Dems because of social security and medicare the Repubs because of the cuts to DOD and the CIA.

The government has already shrunk by 500,000 since Obama took office.

You want to get rid of the Department of Education because the right worships ignorance.

You want to get rid of the EPA because right wingers want to live in filth.

You want to get rid of health care because right wingers want to "die quickly".

You say you want to get rid of big government but want to put an "enforcer" next to every pregnant woman.

Right wingers are so full of shit.

You want to get rid of the Department of Education because the right worships ignorance.

You say you want to get rid of big government but want to put an "enforcer" next to every pregnant woman.

Nice.

I like to think of it this way...

Americans want Social Security, Medicare, and a strong defense, but they don't want to pay for it.

Thats why the Repubs might make a deal that will, god forbid, benefit the American people. Theres a lot of votes associated w/ them "spreading around the wealth" tied to the pentagon.

They will if they can't do math any better than you can spell! :lol:

Nice.

Americans want Social Security, Medicare, and a strong defense, but they don't want to pay for it.

Not so sure. I think the left wants both. The right thinks they want neither. Until the smell of that "cat food". Then they too, stand in line for Social Security.

It's $500 billion, not $600 billion. That's fine with me. What's the worse that could happen, Iran would nuke Washington DC? That would be a positive benefit to this country. I don't see a downside.

Nice.

The ones who want Social Security and Medicare are not the ones who have to pay for it. That's the fundamental flaw in democracy: people can vote to make others pay for their idiocies.

New battle over Bush tax cuts in the air...
:eusa_eh:
Obama, GOP prepare new battle over Bush tax cuts
Nov 21, 2011 - If, as expected, the special congressional "supercommittee" announces today that it cannot reach agreement on cutting the federal debt, a more familiar issue will suddenly resurface: the George W. Bush tax cuts.
Democrats say Republicans' refusal to end the Bush tax rates for the nation's wealthiest Americans is blocking an agreement to help cut the nation's $15 trillion debt. "The wealthiest of Americans, those who earn more than $1 million every year, have to share, too," in cutting the debt, said Sen. Patty Murray, D-Wash., a supercommittee co-chair, speaking on CNN's State of the Union. "And that line in the sand, we haven't seen any Republicans willing to cross yet."

Republicans say the Democrats refuse to end their support for higher taxes, which the GOP says will cost jobs. "I don't understand the economics that says that if we raise taxes on my employer, or my boss, somehow they're going to go out and hire my unemployed brother-in-law," said Rep. Jeb Hensarling, R-Texas, another committee co-chair, speaking on Fox News Sunday. A supercommittee failure figures to intensify an issue that figured to play a big role in the 2012 election anyway. Our OnPolitics blog notes that the Republican presidential candidates are also weighing in on the supercommittee's work.

Obama has long advocated ending the Bush-era rates for individuals who make more than $200,000 a year and couples who make more than $250,000 annually. The president and congressional Republicans clashed over the Bush tax cuts in late 2010, right before they were due to expire. Rather than face expiration, and a resulting tax increase for all Americas, Obama and the GOP agreed to a two-year extension -- to end right after the 2012 elections. So, the Bush tax cuts were also going to be an issue in the 2012 race. Now, only more so.

Source

It's $500 billion, not $600 billion. That's fine with me. What's the worse that could happen, Iran would nuke Washington DC? That would be a positive benefit to this country. I don't see a downside.

tongue in cheek?

A lot of innocent Americans live in Washington DC.

Population 600k.

Because they "Super Commitie" did not do the job that they were asked to do...should they forfit their paychecks?

Basically they got nothing done---If I got nothing done at work I would be fired.

Did anyone really believe the SC get anything accomplished??

Hell. Barry had the earlier committee who sent him all kinds of recommendatioins which he promptly ignored.

Same old same old.

Nice.

We pay for Social Security and Medicare out of every single paycheck from our job so you are wrong when you make the above statement. The problem is our government borrows money out of our Medicare and Social Security and adds it to our deficit total.

Please get these facts straight, otherwise you are supporting the crooks.

Nice.

We pay for Social Security and Medicare out of every single paycheck from our job so you are wrong when you make the above statement. The problem is our government borrows money out of our Medicare and Social Security and adds it to our deficit total.

Nice.

No. He is correct. The issue is that we don't pay enough for SS and Medicare. Taxes need to be higher to support both or benefits need to be cut. (Or we start investing in things other than government liabilities.)

If they cut ssi---they are still going to take it out of our paychecks? So where will the money go? Right back into the congress personal money accounts or their crony wall st buddies personal swiss bank accounts.

I'd rather my ssi tax dollars be given to grandma and grandma to have a place to live and some food on their table than to out in the streets or living under a bridge.

:clap2:

And watch conservatives start frothing at the mouth in opposition to that.

New Topics

Forum List

Back