Here's an idea: Let's Tax College Tuition!

It's just strange to me that a city would take such an adversarial stance against it's universities. Universities are a major boon to cities. They bring in jobs, revenue and prestige. They increase the technical skills of the work force and etc.

I know after Katrina, NOLA and Tulane formed several partnerships to try and improve the city. The city couldn't afford to alienate Tulane for the revenue and also because Tulane is the largest employer in the city.

What's going to happen is that enrollment in Pittsburgh colleges is going to decline.

Are there any colleges in Pittsburgh that are SO enticing that a prospective student would want to pay an extra $400 per year more than for a college elsewhere?

If you're already paying 40k a year to go to Carnegie Mellon, what's an extra 400?

If you're already paying 40k a year to go to Carnegie Mellon, what's an extra 400?

Whole game changes when you have a cheaper college that people go to because it's cheap.

I'm going to be entering my second semester of college in January. I've read that the tuition at my college has gone up somewhere between 50-75% in five years. It can be a bit ridiculous sometimes.

Forum List

Back