Here's a thread of me praising the Israeli's!

It does seem you have an unhealthy interest in my travel arrangements Teddy.
Are you weird, or do you have a more furtive reason for enquiring so often?

No. I am of the opinion that it is one thing for all of us to keyboard cowboy our opinions of Israel based on what we see and/or read on the little box (or screens) we all have. It is quite another to break out of that box and go see for ourselves.

That is all.

Well, sweet cherries over here Hoss. And sweet chestnuts in a couple of weeks. :)
Do you have them as a side dish to your pork pie, or as a good convert have you given up pig products? I certainly wish the Jew haters would visit the Islamic scholar who said that Mohammed mentioned that Israel belonged to the Jews, and of course Jerusalem is located right in Israel no matter how much the Jew haters deny it. It appears that the Jew haters like Mr. Davil's Assistant can't bear the thought of the Jews having a most Holy Place. Perhaps as a good convert he thinks the world belongs to the Muslims, and the Jews should have nothing. Didn't someone just post recently about Jerusalem and the Jews? Seem Mr. Devil's Assistant must have missed that.

What do you think of this Holocaust survivor, who said the Israeli's today, talk to the Palestinian's, like the Nazis talked to him?

What do you think of this Holocaust survivor, who criticized the IDF attack on Gaza?

What do you think of these Holocaust survivors, who were accused of not being Jewish, after their criticism of Israeli foreign policy?

Care to comment on any of that?
So Teddy disagrees with Holocaust survivors?

Interesting?

Billo, nobody ever ask you to "praise" Israelis, I don't even ask you to like Israel or anything like that.
What is your problem?

If I happen to praise Israel, it's not because someone asks me to.

Simply stay honest about facts is all I'm asking, and once you think you have a really 'constructive' idea feel free to share it with us, and keep it real.
You know what, screw you, asshole!

If you're going to accuse me of being dis-honest, then state the posts I was dis-honest in.

How many of those Holocaust survivors live in Israel today?
Which proves my point. You'll trash anyone who criticizes Israel, even Holocaust survivors.

I come of family of Holocaust survivors, who say different things than that.
What do they say?

All depends on who you're interested to listen to.
And you're not interested in listening to anyone who criticizes Israel, even if it happens to be "praise".

I will ask you the same question I asked my friend above. How come peace-loving Israeli leftists close lectures to Jews in a Holocaust memorial museum?
I don't know. I don't comment on incidents I know nothing about.

Since most of them are your friend, maybe you could enlighten me
My friends are people I know.

Billo, nobody ever ask you to "praise" Israelis, I don't even ask you to like Israel or anything like that.
What is your problem?

Simply stay honest about facts is all I'm asking, and once you think you have a really 'constructive' idea feel free to share it with us, and keep it real.

If you're going to accuse me of being dis-honest, then state the posts I was dis-honest in.
I didn't accuse you for dis-honest, although I get the feeling this whole thread seems to me 'artificial' a little bit.

Jerusalem isn't in Israel.

Last time I visited Israel in 2011 I also visited Jerusalem. Don't remember having to cross any borders. Have you ever been there?

Israel is trying to annex it, and trying to make it Israel's capital. All nations have seen through that "but there is no frontier there" trick.

If I hint at my movements into Israel, they may show an interest. Then I would have to dig my own tunnels.
So basically you refuse to answer whether you've ever been there and also admit to the fact that you would have to dig a tunnel to get there.

Or in other words, you have already dug yourself too deep to respond. Like as in a hole. That you cannot get out of.

Again. I have visited Jerusalem, it is in Israel, saw the Kinneset bldg in Jerusalem (their seat of government and main government building). If the other countries of the world see it fit to have their embassies in Tel Aviv, well that is for them. And since you can not proclaim that you have ever been there in this thread or the many others where I have asked this same question; you have no say. None. Whatsoever.

Or should I just say to you; EPIC FAIL!
To get back on track, the two things that mediately jump out for me are.The very Liberal abortion laws and the big % of openly gay and lesbian members of the IDF. Would you not agree teddy?
No comment @teddyearp, you visited Israel in 2011. That was a good year for abortions , over 20,000 fetus were removed.

Jerusalem isn't in Israel.

Last time I visited Israel in 2011 I also visited Jerusalem. Don't remember having to cross any borders. Have you ever been there?

Israel is trying to annex it, and trying to make it Israel's capital. All nations have seen through that "but there is no frontier there" trick.

If I hint at my movements into Israel, they may show an interest. Then I would have to dig my own tunnels.

Weather it's recognized by the world or not, Jerusalem is still part of Israel, and that's not going to change.
Comprende?
@toastman the nudnik, the weather in Haifa is very good, whether I go snorkeling there or Sharm next year is debatable.

How many of those Holocaust survivors live in Israel today?
Which proves my point. You'll trash anyone who criticizes Israel, even Holocaust survivors.

I come of family of Holocaust survivors, who say different things than that.
What do they say?

All depends on who you're interested to listen to.
And you're not interested in listening to anyone who criticizes Israel, even if it happens to be "praise".

I will ask you the same question I asked my friend above. How come peace-loving Israeli leftists close lectures to Jews in a Holocaust memorial museum?
I don't know. I don't comment on incidents I know nothing about.

Since most of them are your friend, maybe you could enlighten me
My friends are people I know.

I won't trash Holocaust survivors, but there are some that detach themselves from our people and our state, and the criticism comes for foreign media; Being a Holocaust survivor doesn't mean their words are 100% correct. They're human and they say inaccurate things. But since they come from difficult history we forgive them.

My grandfather survived two world wars in Europe. He educated my father to first thing know and realize he is not in Europe anymore. When my father was a boy they lived in a European town where he and his brother, along with another boy, where the only Jews. He suffered constant antisemitism attacks. When he made aliyah with his parents, early fifties, he was taught to first know and cherish the fact that he has a homeland, and that this enemy the Jews have in Israel is not to be taken for granted. My grandather taught my dad to do whatever it takes to protect the homeland.

My grandmother wasn't mentally healthy after surviving Auschwitz.

I'm listening and responding to most of your post, but you're not praising Israel, you're praising anti-Israeli organizations. I am for healthy criticism, god knows how many times I criticized my government, but it seems you're not interested in any opinion that might hint that the Palestinians are not 100% angels.

What is your problem?

I didn't accuse you for dis-honest, although I get the feeling this whole thread seems to me 'artificial' a little bit.

Don't worry, I can accuse him for being dishonest enough for both of us. With Billo, we can all throw PC out the window.

Don't worry, I can accuse him for being dishonest enough for both of us. With Billo, we can all throw PC out the window.
To PC, or not to PC, is not the question that has anything to do with being dis-honest.

Do you think:

wrong = dishonest?

No.

But you went straight into my black list after trashing Judaism and the Talmud, and later on admitting that you don't really have any idea if what you said was accurate.

There is no shame of being wrong. pretending to know when youre cluless? pure decieving.

I won't trash Holocaust survivors, but there are some that detach themselves from our people and our state, and the criticism comes for foreign media; Being a Holocaust survivor doesn't mean their words are 100% correct. They're human and they say inaccurate things. But since they come from difficult history we forgive them.

My grandfather survived two world wars in Europe. He educated my father to first thing know and realize he is not in Europe anymore. When my father was a boy they lived in a European town where he and his brother, along with another boy, where the only Jews. He suffered constant antisemitism attacks. When he made aliyah with his parents, early fifties, he was taught to first know and cherish the fact that he has a homeland, and that this enemy the Jews have in Israel is not to be taken for granted. My grandather taught my dad to do whatever it takes to protect the homeland.

My grandmother wasn't mentally healthy after surviving Auschwitz.

I'm listening and responding to most of your post, but you're not praising Israel, you're praising anti-Israeli organizations. I am for healthy criticism, god knows how many times I criticized my government, but it seems you're not interested in any opinion that might hint that the Palestinians are not 100% angels.
You're the one who needs forgiveness.

I'm praising Israeli's who care about human rights and you're saying that is "anti-Israel".

No.

But you went straight into my black list after trashing Judaism and the Talmud, and later on admitting that you don't really have any idea if what you said was accurate.

There is no shame of being wrong. pretending to know when youre cluless? pure decieving.
I've never trashed Judaism.

Forum List

Back