Here’s a story that should be the lead across the nation:

All of this is happening far faster than the alarmists ever predicted.

Not true. From MSNBC:

James Lovelock, the maverick scientist who became a guru to the environmental movement with his “Gaia” theory of the Earth as a single organism, has admitted to being “alarmist” about climate change and says other environmental commentators, such as Al Gore, were too. Lovelock, 92, is writing a new book in which he will say climate change is still happening, but not as quickly as he once feared.

Link: 'Gaia' scientist James Lovelock: I was 'alarmist' about climate change - World News

So, I'd agree with you, but you're wrong.

And you fellows are still stuck on it's all being made up. Lordy, lordy!

Let's for the moment assume you are right about this whole thing. You're free to prepare for the pending disaster in any way you like. So, what are you doing about it, personally? More importantly, do you believe your ability to predict the weather gives you the right to make decisions for others? To meddle in markets? To redistribute wealth? What?

Should antarctic ice make headlines?

Antarctic Sea Ice Sets Another Record - Forbes

Antarctic sea ice set another record this past week, with the most amount of ice ever recorded on day 256 of the calendar year (September 12 of this leap year). Please, nobody tell the mainstream media or they might have to retract some stories and admit they are misrepresenting scientific data.

So here we are with Dueling graphs that don't look the same for the 30s/40s and show MORE/LESS warming in the Arctic for the present warming trend.

How did we get here?? GISS has been caught adjusting this data for YEARS.. It's not as tho the RAW DATA changed -- it's that the data's been "adjusted and homogenized" MULTIPLE times a year for years.

So I guess we're gonna part ways on this about now.. I'll stick with the older "RAWER" data and more reasonable massages. You can have the fudge and remain completely oblivous to the tampering... We can BOTH be happy. But you will be dissappointed when all this "created" crisis comes tumbling down on it's own weight on your head.

Plenty of people have been following along with this data larceny -- it HAS happened.

Data Tampering: GISS Caught Red-Handed Manipulating Data To Produce Arctic Climate History Revision

Caryl4.gif

Caryl5.gif

Caryl9.gif

Note SPECIFICALLY the last graph that shows the result of COOLING THE 30s and WARMING the current era.. With a little boost for the pesky 1960/70 readings. If you were gonna "pad" your argument for AGW -- you couldn't ask for more could you?
This larceny is HAPPENING. That's why the graphs are different.

The first single station graph above --- is a blatant Cooling for the 30s/40s and a blatant boost for the 60s/70s.

A 0.5degC cooling added to the 1930s does WONDERS for the cause don't it?

I have verified the individual changes to many of these stations. IanC follows this in detail.

Nasa will still show you the diff between latest GISS and the PREVIOUS version -- but will NO LONGER make any earlier or RAW data available..

You figure it out...

I find it odd how so many people consider the temperature datasets as accurate and precise even though they change substantially decade-to-decade, year-to-year, and sometimes even month-to-month. they simply dont realize how apples are compared to oranges, then bananas, kiwis, mangoes, grapes, etc. which set was accurate? precise?when?

why arent we seeing graphs of like vs like? what are the shapes of minimum daily temps and maximum daily temps? if maximum daily temp trends are lower than mintemp daily trends does that support UHI and land use change or the CO2 hypothesis?are the adjustments for time of measurement bias reasonable? should they be attached to every measurement or are they better described as a one time step change?

I had great expectations of the BEST project because they promised open records and easy use of data to explore many different aspects of temperature analysis. unfortunately their statistician came up with an even more extreme form of adjustments that adds even more warming to the trend, and a method for looking at the UHI which amazingly enough proclaims that non premeable surfaces, heatsink buildings and extraneous heat sources actually decrease temperatures. no wonder none of the BEST papers has passed peer review yet. unfortunately I no longer believe that peer review will do the 'right thing'. there is obviously a deadlock because it has been over a year since they were submitted. will they be resubmitted to a more 'favourable' group of reviewers? will this be yet another scandal?

I'd thank you twice -- but I cant'.. When you first starting posting those GISS surface station changes -- I was skeptical about how much was deliberate tampering and how much was justified.. SINCE -- I've run across MYRIAD of examples where data and charts that I have snipped from GOVT sources in the past no longer even RESEMBLE the general trends that were there.

CLEARLY the older NASA graph has MUCH MORE DATA and information in it. The NEW official GISS -- looks artificial as hell. It's been filtered. Doesn't even RESEMBLE a real temp record as the old graph did.

And the adjustments are not JUST for longterm station replacements or movements, but they include YEARLY and short term adjustments that don't seem to be justified UNTIL you see how they ALL ADD UP in the product of temp record for a single REGION or the GLOBE.. The Arctic is particularly prone to manipulation because of the limited number of stations and the historical movement of these stations.

There is no other conclusion than that the tampering is WILLFUL. It has certain GOALS. And it's all to write BIG fictional stories about how UNIQUE and EXCEPTIONAL the warming has become..

And yes BEST was (is) a HUGE dissapointment. Because Muller flung a lot of shit in a very short time and made Wild proclamations about confirming the temp record without EVER doing the real work.. It happened MUCH TOO QUICKLY to be significant. NOBODY gets a data project RIGHT on the first pass when it's THAT BIG.. Certainly not that quick. Think they'll get a 2nd pass once that "peer review" happens??

Either they couldn't procure proper funding or it was always intended as theatre.. If it was theatre, than Muller's 15 minutes of fame is pretty much over..

What you wrote about UHI rationalizations just makes me FURIOUS.. THanks for upping the blood pressure. Speaking of Muller, he's actually argued that since stations were pulled from city centers to airport that's an excuse to globally LOWER urban readings as well. Anyone who watches the 10PM weather knows that's complete and utter BULLSHIT.

:mad:

Last edited:
Should antarctic ice make headlines?

Antarctic Sea Ice Sets Another Record - Forbes

Antarctic sea ice set another record this past week, with the most amount of ice ever recorded on day 256 of the calendar year (September 12 of this leap year). Please, nobody tell the mainstream media or they might have to retract some stories and admit they are misrepresenting scientific data.

Antarctica is a denier.

The glaciers continue to recede, the Arctic Ice is on a curve to be virtually gone for part of August and September between 2015 and 2020. Both Antarctica and Greenland are losing ice by the gigaton, and at an increasing rate. The weather extremes have increased in frequency. All of this is happening far faster than the alarmists ever predicted.

Apparently, Antarctica didn't get your "Glacier Eating CO2 Spaghetti Monster" Memo and continues to grow ice by the gigaton

Is Antarctica a denier?

Not true. From MSNBC:

James Lovelock, the maverick scientist who became a guru to the environmental movement with his “Gaia” theory of the Earth as a single organism, has admitted to being “alarmist” about climate change and says other environmental commentators, such as Al Gore, were too. Lovelock, 92, is writing a new book in which he will say climate change is still happening, but not as quickly as he once feared.

Link: 'Gaia' scientist James Lovelock: I was 'alarmist' about climate change - World News

Let's for the moment assume you are right about this whole thing. You're free to prepare for the pending disaster in any way you like. So, what are you doing about it, personally? More importantly, do you believe your ability to predict the weather gives you the right to make decisions for others? To meddle in markets? To redistribute wealth? What?

He said human-caused carbon dioxide emissions were driving an increase in the global temperature, but added that the effect of the oceans was not well enough understood and could have a key role.

'Gaia' scientist James Lovelock: I was 'alarmist' about climate change - World News

'Gaia' scientist James Lovelock: I was 'alarmist' about climate change - World News

“It (the sea) could make all the difference between a hot age and an ice age,” he said.

He said he still thought that climate change was happening, but that its effects would be felt farther in the future than he previously thought.

“We will have global warming, but it’s been deferred a bit,” Lovelock said.

And my position is that the affects are not in the future, but are already happening.

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RtRvcXUIyZg]Weather and Climate Summit - Day 5, Jennifer Francis - YouTube[/ame]

And Dr. Francis states the reasons very well.

The glaciers continue to recede, the Arctic Ice is on a curve to be virtually gone for part of August and September between 2015 and 2020. Both Antarctica and Greenland are losing ice by the gigaton, and at an increasing rate. The weather extremes have increased in frequency. All of this is happening far faster than the alarmists ever predicted.

Apparently, Antarctica didn't get your "Glacier Eating CO2 Spaghetti Monster" Memo and continues to grow ice by the gigaton

Is Antarctica a denier?

did you NASA's latest report on Antarctic ice balance done this year by jay Zwally? even a dedicated alarmist like him had to admit that it appears that total ice, even in the West Peninsula, seems to be increasing. of course he then blames the increase on CO2 and global warming, hahahaha

Not true. From MSNBC:

He said human-caused carbon dioxide emissions were driving an increase in the global temperature, but added that the effect of the oceans was not well enough understood and could have a key role.

“It (the sea) could make all the difference between a hot age and an ice age,” he said.

He said he still thought that climate change was happening, but that its effects would be felt farther in the future than he previously thought.

And my position is that the affects are not in the future, but are already happening.

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RtRvcXUIyZg]Weather and Climate Summit - Day 5, Jennifer Francis - YouTube[/ame]

Your position is clear. Will you answer my questions?:

Ice! Melting!!!! OMGOMGOMG...

Next we'll have WARMER WEATHER THAN WE'RE ACCUSTOMED TO!

God have Mercy! Save us! Save yourselves from melted ice and warmth! It's critical, in about 200000000000 years!

Ice! Melting!!!! OMGOMGOMG...

Next we'll have WARMER WEATHER THAN WE'RE ACCUSTOMED TO!

God have Mercy! Save us! Save yourselves from melted ice and warmth! It's critical, in about 200000000000 years!

So you are as ignorant on scientific subjects as you are on the political. Now why does that not surprise me.

Huge day of L O S E for the k00ks!!!

Ask me my first reaction when I saw this gloriously displayed in the middle of DRUDGE?

Of course.........I laughed my fucking balls off!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!:eusa_dance::funnyface::eusa_dance::funnyface::eusa_dance::funnyface:

These meatheads in her have posted up tens of thousands of posts about the "consensus science" in the past couple of years in here and it all goes to shit in one single day of fAiL!!!

As Ive been saying for eons in here............the alarmits nuts in here are losing and after today, losing in even more epic fashion

Todays story just adds to the narrative that in 2012, nobody gives a flying fuck about global warming..........except of course, the internet nutters.:D:D

But you meatheads go right on buiding your emergency arks. We'll wave to you as you pass by the shoreline on a maiden voyage!!!!

614-5.jpg

Oh I cant wait for the mental meltdown from Rolling Blunder!!!:2up:

My balls got itchy I was so eager to get home today and weigh in on this story of hysterical irony........but I figured somebody would beat me to the punch. Good for them!!!

Last edited:
Not true. From MSNBC:

Personally? I have a generator to keep lights for a couple of weeks in case of a weather emergency. Food enough for several months. Water for a maybe three weeks.

For everybody else? For the short term, they make their own decisions on how they will deal with weather events. I protect my own first.

What should we do? Well, food in a changing climate is going to be a problem. We need to look at having a reserve for the whole population, and a system through which to distribute it during a disaster to the area of the disaster.

Markets? Other than making sure the we retain enough viable farms through tough years, I fail to see what the markets have to do with preperation.

Hell, we have been redistributing wealth from the working poor and middle class to the very wealthy for 30 years with your full approval, what worries you now about the idea?

Weather and Climate Summit - Day 5, Jennifer Francis - YouTube

Personally? I have a generator to keep lights for a couple of weeks in case of a weather emergency. Food enough for several months. Water for a maybe three weeks.

For everybody else? For the short term, they make their own decisions on how they will deal with weather events. I protect my own first.

What should we do? Well, food in a changing climate is going to be a problem. We need to look at having a reserve for the whole population, and a system through which to distribute it during a disaster to the area of the disaster.

Markets? Other than making sure the we retain enough viable farms through tough years, I fail to see what the markets have to do with preperation.

Hell, we have been redistributing wealth from the working poor and middle class to the very wealthy for 30 years with your full approval, what worries you now about the idea?

Typical central planner bullshit. Pass.

I see. So the Federal Government should have no disaster preperation plan in place? We saw how well that worked with Bush and Katrina.

But you see danger in anything that the Federal Government does. Except, of course, the military-industrial complex. So, presently, much of the real disaster planning is actually being done by people in the military.

I see. So the Federal Government should have no disaster preperation plan in place?

Yea...that's what I said. Exaggerate much? When you overstate your opponent's position by imposing an extreme, and false, conclusion, it only makes you look silly. It's a very typical Lefty response.

But you see danger in anything that the Federal Government does.

Nope, just that which is outside the enumerated powers and amendments to the law.

Except, of course, the military-industrial complex.

Yea...we Libertarians are BIG military-industrial complex fans. :eusa_whistle:

Other than that, you're spewing Marxist nonsense. Pass again.

Im still laughing..............

Try picturing Al Gore kissing Tipper at the convention.. Always works for me..

And let me know which powder works best for those itching balls..

LOL..........yeah..........talking about balls..........how satisfying is it when the alarmist loons get a big old public kick in the balls? Of course, on the internet, they'll fall back on the same old crap ( all those retread science links)...........like it matters!!!:D:D:2up: For all their crap, I havent seen one single thing come out of congress related to carbon emmissions, which essentially is what it all comes down to. Otherewise, all their shit is nothing more than a fucking internet hobby!!!:slap: You read their threads/posts and you'd think they are going to change public opinion from this shit-ass location in the middle of the netherspace...........and THATS what I really get a kick about on this site!!:blowup:

Forum List

Back