Here's a nice riddle...

Mr. P

VIP Member
Aug 5, 2004
South of the Mason Dixon
You're staying in a cabin..
In the morning you make hot oatmeal for breakfast (yuke). You sit down to eat it but it's
too hot, so you decide to take a walk while it cools.

You walk out the cabin door open up your compass and walk 100 yards "south" and stop.
You turn 90* left and walk 100 yards "east" and stop.
You turn 90* left and walk 100 yards "north". To your surprise you find yourself
right back in front of the cabin.

You walk in and there's a bear eating your oatmeal.

Question:
What color is the bear and why?

****Let's make it fun..PM your answer to me so others don't get clues from posts.
I'll post names of those that respond on the thread and indicate the winners.
In the end (sometime tonight) I'll also post the answer.

Okay 33 views and only two responses...That's sad gang...

Hobbit and
nakedemperor....

Both tagged the bear as white! Yep, a Polar bear because they were at the North pole,
which is the only place this riddle would work. I'm surprised you outdoors people didn't
join in.

Mr. P said:
Okay 33 views and only two responses...That's sad gang...

Hobbit and
nakedemperor....

Both tagged the bear as white! Yep, a Polar bear because they were at the North pole,
which is the only place this riddle would work. I'm surprised you outdoors people didn't
join in.

Ok, I'm obviously an idiot, then.. Where do you get North Pole, and White out of that?

Shattered said:
Ok, I'm obviously an idiot, then.. Where do you get North Pole, and White out of that?

If the house is at the north pole, then you're heading towards it if you're heading north. Anywhere else in the world, it would look like a square, x yards south, x yards east, then x yards north, but so close to the north pole, heading east would actually show its curve, and north would always point you back to the center of the circle, which is the house. Therefore, the house must be at the north pole, thus the only kind of bear it could be is polar, thus it is white.

only problem with that is it cant be the north pole. there is no land there to build a house. so unless you can walk on water i dont see it happening.

only problem with that is it cant be the north pole. there is no land there to build a house. so unless you can walk on water i dont see it happening.

It's a giant iceburg thick enough to support a cabin. In fact, you can walk from Greenland to the North Pole (in theory). If you can have ice fishing cabins in Minnesota, you can have a polar bear cabin on the North Pole.

Hobbit said:
It's a giant iceburg thick enough to support a cabin. In fact, you can walk from Greenland to the North Pole (in theory). If you can have ice fishing cabins in Minnesota, you can have a polar bear cabin on the North Pole.
This is true...the pole is moving too,
2 feet per year I think it is...anyway
the folks tracking it are on foot...not swimming...

Forum List

Back