Here's a good one... Monster Garage...

freeandfun1

VIP Member
Feb 14, 2004
I sometimes watch "Monster Garage" on Discovery. Not a big fan of the show, but I watch it now and then.

In another thread we were talking about speeding... well, here's a story for ya...

Tonight they took an SLK Mercedes and converted it for a handicapped guy... ok, sounds like a really nice thing to do, all is okay so far...

Now, was this guy a diabled soldier, somebody hurt by a drunk driver or some such soul that really should have some sympathy? Nope.

It was a guy, who admitted in the show, that he had wrecked his car in SoCal and that when he wrecked it, he was going approximately 137 MPH. WTF? Couldn't they find a disabled soldier, a person disabled by a drunk driver or somebody like that to do this kind deed for? Nope, they went and did it for a guy that admits that he was out having fun trying to see how fast he could go. So now we are rewarding people for their ignorance and carelessness. What a wonderful fucking country huh?!

Frankly, it kinda pissed me off. Maybe I am overreacting a bit, but what do you think....

freeandfun1 said:
I sometimes watch "Monster Garage" on Discovery. Not a big fan of the show, but I watch it now and then.

In another thread we were talking about speeding... well, here's a story for ya...

Tonight they took an SLK Mercedes and converted it for a handicapped guy... ok, sounds like a really nice thing to do, all is okay so far...

Now, was this guy a diabled soldier, somebody hurt by a drunk driver or some such soul that really should have some sympathy? Nope.

It was a guy, who admitted in the show, that he had wrecked his car in SoCal and that when he wrecked it, he was going approximately 137 MPH. WTF? Couldn't they find a disabled soldier, a person disabled by a drunk driver or somebody like that to do this kind deed for? Nope, they went and did it for a guy that admits that he was out having fun trying to see how fast he could go. So now we are rewarding people for their ignorance and carelessness. What a wonderful fucking country huh?!

Frankly, it kinda pissed me off. Maybe I am overreacting a bit, but what do you think....

I totally agree with you...kinda makes me wonder about Insein though he rants about the right to speed...as for the disabled vet or someone hurt by a DUI driver....a very good suggestion...but wasted on Hollywood...they always praise the perverted and punish those who should be respected and helped...go figure!

Forum List

Back