Here's A Free Tip For The Powers That Be of usmessageboard.com

MarcATL

Diamond Member
Aug 12, 2009
You want to see a MAJOR increase in traffic and membership on this board?

Get a twitter account.

Post a couple of links per day of the most popular/controversial topics and watch the membership soar.

If you don't believe me, just try posting to some threads from your own accounts, if you have one, and see if you see one or two members pop up shortly afterwards.

Now go out there and be somebody.

Don't worry guys, this one's on the house.

I heard that Twitter and Facebook are magnets for identity thieves, so I am not going there, Mr. MarcAtl.

Whoever you got that nugget from is either severely misinformed or entirely ignorant.

Take your pick.

There's a reason why almost ALL major corporations and media outlets are on twitter.

I heard that Twitter and Facebook are magnets for identity thieves, so I am not going there, Mr. MarcAtl.

Whoever you got that nugget from is either severely misinformed or entirely ignorant.

Take your pick.

There's a reason why almost ALL major corporations and media outlets are on twitter.

Google+ is not business friendly?

In fact they haven't rolled out their business package as yet.

Twitter allows anyone or thing to have pages.

Facebook allows only PEOPLE, not Corporations to have facebook pages.

Corporations need to have Fan Pages, which is done FROM a HU-MON facebook page.

Google+ plans on allowing business to have entities, but not quite yet.

Take your pick.

Facebook doesn't let corporations have pages? Since when?

Coca-Cola | Facebook

Applebee's | Facebook

Coca-Cola | Facebook

Applebee's | Facebook
You didn't read my post, or didn't understand it properly rather.

I didn't say that they don't or can't have Fanpages, just page. A facebook page has to be owned by an individual. What you've posted are examples of fanpages. There's a big difference.

When I used the term "page" I really meant and should have said "profile page"

See: Facebook Fan Pages for business vs. Personal Profiles for individuals

Coca-Cola | Facebook

Applebee's | Facebook

I didn't say that they don't or can't have Fanpages, just page. A facebook page has to be owned by an individual. What you've posted are examples of fanpages. There's a big difference.

You are still wrong.

Amazon Appstore for Android | Facebook

That is not only not a fan page, it is a page where Amazon, which is a corporation, announces deals and gives away products.

Here are the actual Facebook TOS for businesses.

http://www.facebook.com/help/?page=721

Last edited:

Get a twitter account.

Post a couple of links per day of the most popular/controversial topics and watch the membership soar.

If you don't believe me, just try posting to some threads from your own accounts, if you have one, and see if you see one or two members pop up shortly afterwards.

Twitter is for twits.

Coca-Cola | Facebook

Applebee's | Facebook

You are still wrong.

That is not only not a fan page, it is a page where Amazon, which is a corporation, announces deals and gives away products.

Business Accounts - Facebook Help Center | Facebook

No, you are wrong on this sir.

What you've posted was another Fanpage.

From the minute one can "like" a page, it's a fanpage. Fanpages are reserved for businesses and organizations and such. Some are just "tricked out" for ecommerce, that's all. However, it's still a Fanpage and not a profile page.

I hope that clears up any confusion you may have had on the matter.

Get a twitter account.

Twitter is for twits.

Sure it is and will drive a TREMENDOUS amount of traffic here. Most likely more rabid rightwingers. Perhaps I shouldn't have opened my big mouth afterall.

DOH!!!

homer_doh.gif

You are still wrong.

Business Accounts - Facebook Help Center | Facebook

No, you are wrong on this sir.

What you've posted was another Fanpage.

From the minute one can "like" a page, it's a fanpage. Fanpages are reserved for businesses and organizations and such. Some are just "tricked out" for ecommerce, that's all. However, it's still a Fanpage and not a profile page.

I hope that clears up any confusion you may have had on the matter.

It is a fan page run and maintained by Amazon. If you noticed when you argued that only people could have Facebook pages you linked to a non Facebook page. When I argued that businesses could actually have Facebook pages I linked to an actually Facebook page that outlined how businesses can make a Facebook page.

Here are a couple of corporation that have their own pages on Facebook.

https://www.facebook.com/FoxNews

https://www.facebook.com/windows

There are actually quite a few because, as you attempted to point out by using Twitter as an example, it makes sense for corporations to interact with their customers through social media. I have actually used my Facebook account and various businesses pages to handle customer service issues and obtain software licenses. That indicates to me that I am either interacting with a company, or I am interacting with a deranged person that is buying software and giving it away.

Just admit you are wrong for once in your life, it will do you good.

I am spending more and more time on Twitter and less and less time here.

When I can have some political interaction with Glenn Greenwald, Alec Baldwin, Michael Moore, Jay Rosen, and Christopher Hayes, the thought of arguing with nincompoops like Coward Girl, Willow Tree, Dr. House, and Liability is not an attractive alternative.

When I can have some political interaction with Glenn Greenwald, Alec Baldwin, Michael Moore, Jay Rosen, and Christopher Hayes, the thought of arguing with nincompoops like Coward Girl, Willow Tree, Dr. House, and Liability is not an attractive alternative.

Ditto. And Michael Moore, and Eugene Robinson and that rabid RWer DAna Loesch, and Cornell West, and Ed Schultz, and Rhandi Rhodes, and Ana Marie Cox, and Eric Boehler of Media Matters, and lots of very interesting and opinionated citizens across this country of all political stripes and viewpoints.

Extra Tip: If you use HootSuite you'll unlock & unleash the power of twitter.

Last edited:

This works well for you and MarcATL because all your thoughts are contained in 140 characters or less.....

:coffee:

This works well for you and MarcATL because all your thoughts are contained in 140 characters or less.....

:coffee:

laugh3.gif
laugh3.gif
laugh3.gif
laugh3.gif
laugh3.gif

door.gif

:razz:

Take your pick.

So you're saying that the New York Times is "either severely misinformed or entirely ignorant." <subtle amusement factor at work>

Twitter, in response to a subpoena, revealed the Internet protocol address of the computer used to post the messages. The authorities found Mr. Cassidy at home in a small Southern California town called Lucerne Valley. Similar rants were posted on blogs that law enforcement authorities say they traced to him. Twitter did not respond to a request for comment.
The case is an example of the many ways in which the law is having to wrestle with behavior on new, rapidly changing modes of communication.
Similar issues have come up in state courts: a boy who hacked into the Facebook account of an acquaintance was charged with felony identity theft, and a student who bombarded a professor with mean e-mail was accused of disturbing the peace.

Whatever!

Forum List

Back