Here's a climate prediction from 2007.

Discussion in 'Environment' started by Caligirl, Dec 16, 2009.

1. Caligirl

Caligirl Oh yes it is too!

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +240
    So, this stable temperature phase that we're sort of in right now was predicted in 2007 in the journal Science. It also predicted rapid warming after 2009, concurrent with el nino, ... which has now officially formed in the pacific.

Global warming will step up after 2009: scientists | Reuters

Should be interesting to see what effects this has on 2010 and 2012 political races, if weather heats up and some politicians claim we shouldn't do anything about it.

• Thank You! Thank You! x 1
  2. The T

The T George S. Patton Party Supporting Member

Thanks Received:
    What USED TO BE A REPUBLIC RUN BY TYRANTS
    Ratings:
    +5,502
    I think you've got spomething here. (Good Article). As to the effects on 2010/2012? I think as the business enviroment continues to deterioate (thanks to man-made and more specifically government induced causes),
    The climate (weather) of the planet will be the least of the worries of the Statists/Leftist/Democratics foisting this false doom and gloom scenario on the world, and specifically the United States.

Their worries will be having to stand in line to find a job and trying to reclaim their credibility. (As IF they had it to start with)...

3. Old Rocks

Old Rocks Diamond Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +10,301
    Oh my, now the wingnuts are falling all over themselves to disavow their predictions of cooling. Totally amazing. Even quoting real scientists. Do you note that they state unequivicolly that GHGs from the burning of fossil fuels are what are driving the warming?

Yes, as we get a hot summer in 2010, it will be good to remind the retarded Republicans that their whole shtick about AGW has been nothing but paid lies for the energy companies.

4. The T

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +5,502
    OWLGORE JOKE<Parody

AN INCONVENIENT 'AL'<PARODY

5. Old Rocks

Old Rocks Diamond Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +10,301
    T, you are a dumb asshole. You make statements without the slightest evidence to back them up. You know only wingnut talking points, not a single thing about science.

The scientists made a definate prediction. You and the rest of the fools here were yapping about the cooling. Now it is warming. Perhaps you would be able to learn from that? No, not possible. Reality is foriegn to you.

As Caligirl pointed out, the scientists made the prediction when all of you were stating that we were in a cooling period, in spite of the fact it was the warmest decade yet on record. Now we will see 2010 to 2019 as another warmest on record decade.

Do you dare predict differantly? Or are you going to go into a spell of saying it has nothing to do with the GHGs that we have put into the atmosphere? Are you so fucking stupid that you don't know that the absorbtion spectra for CO2 was done by Tyndal in 1858? Yes, I do believe you are that fucking stupid.

Substituting an false patriotism for independent thought. You are everything that is wrong with our nation. You will condemn our nation to third world status with your stupidity.

6. The T

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +5,502
    :eek: I'm Soooo HURT!

:eusa_whistle:

Ok...Not so much...

YOU have had yer ass handed to you so many times...I just don't take you serious. I cannot in good conscience find it within myself to do so. It just ain't happenin'.

You have put your trust in scientists that have shown the propensity to cook the books with faulty data for their pecuniary interests instead of REAL science.

They have gotten a black eye, as have REAL Scientists that are more strict on themselves for the sake of REAL DATA...and so have YOU received a nice shiner for you buying into their bullsqueeze...

I salute you, however...

Meh, not so much...

[​IMG]

7. saveliberty

saveliberty Diamond Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +19,877
    There's a prediction that the world is going to end in 2012 too. There is a prediction jobs will recover in the second quarter of 2010. There's a prediction white people will be a minority by 2050. There is a prediction a lot of people will be drunk New Year's Eve.

I predict that no significant agreement will come out of Copenhagen. That poor countries will continue to distrust rich ones. That this is all about redistribution of wealth and not climate issues. That Thanksgiving will fall on a Thursday next year.

8. ScreamingEagle

ScreamingEagle Gold Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +2,158
    woohoo.....that'll be great....better warmer than cooler....

Historically there have been many swings in temperture.....don't believe Al Gore or any other politicians had anything to do with them either....

[​IMG]

• Thank You! Thank You! x 1
  9. saveliberty

saveliberty Diamond Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +19,877
    But...but...carbon dioxide...man-made crisis...Waaaaaaaaaah!!! Nice chart ScreamingEagle. Yep, volcanoes, the sun and ocean currents.

10. Big Black Dog

Big Black Dog Gold Member Supporting Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +5,702
    Here's my climate change perdiction for December 18, 2010 for northwestern Illinois. It will be pretty damned cold and maybe some snow.