Here you guys can have this fat ass...

Originally posted by Said1
Why shouldn't it be taken it seriously? The comparison was made in order to prove his point. I'm not trying to argue, I agree, there are too many gun related deaths in America no matter who says it.

Yeah, I was just saying that just because a few Canadians don't lock their doors doesn't mean they all do.

The point was taken, though. There is a lot less violent crime in Canada.

I don't see how 200 gun-related deaths per state per annum-- a number which is MUCH higher than the annual gun-related deaths per annum in many countries-- isn't a huge problem.

And this was the first feature length movie I can think of to address the issue.

HOw far is it between residences?

Overcrowding does quite a bit to all animals and humans.

Crime decreases when you are more spread out.

Funny how none of those studies ever take this into account.

:rolleyes:

Originally posted by NewGuy
If you were going to steal something, and every citizen could have anything from a rubberband gun to a missile launcher, would you take the time to go through a locked door?

How about a locked window?

That is my point.

The best you would do is walk into a house where the door is OPEN.

At least that way you had a CHANCE of not getting killed.

That is the point.

Crime would be zero, and locks would last forever.

Hmm...

Well, if every citizen could "have anything from a rubberband gun to a missle launcher", while it MIGHT prevent SOME crime it would likely lead to more crime.

-----------
here's an interesting conversation I found:
source
Douglas Weil: First, if I have a choice of being chased by someone with a baseball bat or someone with a gun, I would rather be chased by someone with a baseball bat. Now there is a growing body of scientific studies which show an association between gun ownership rates and murder and suicide, when you compare across countries. Most recently, the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention reported that the gun death rate for children in the United States was many times higher than the combined rate for 25 other high income countries. The difference: we have guns at much higher rates. What's important to know is that, while our rates of violence are not significantly different than many other countries, our death rate, our fatal violence rate, is much higher, and the reason is that we have far greater access to guns.

source

I suppose we should take him, since we pawned Celin Dion off on you......hmm.......on second thought..........................keep both of them. :funnyface

Doomer said:
I suppose we should take him, since we pawned Celin Dion off on you......hmm.......on second thought..........................keep both of them. :funnyface

That was very kind of you, but I do believe it's your turn now. Doesn't it aggravate you that he would try to effect your elections? That's why so many hate Chirac right now.

I doesn't agravate me much at all. But that only becuase in the end he didn't really have any effect on the outcome. After all anyone who would actually listen to him would have voted Liberal or NDP anyway.

Doomer said:
I doesn't agravate me much at all. But that only becuase in the end he didn't really have any effect on the outcome. After all anyone who would actually listen to him would have voted Liberal or NDP anyway.

Canada have any other 'outsiders' trying to tell the people what to do? Shoot, we had Hans Blix saying the World should get to vote for US President. Gets me riled! :blowup:

Doomer said:
Yea Ralph Nader tryed to advise us not to vote for Harper. But I don't think anyone was paying attention. :laugh:

edit: (sp)

Yeah, we don't take him seriously either! Too bad for him!

Kathianne said:
That was very kind of you, but I do believe it's your turn now. Doesn't it aggravate you that he would try to effect your elections? That's why so many hate Chirac right now.

EVERYONE tries to affect our elections from all sides. It's a Canadian tradition!

Doomer said:

Tell you what - paint him black, glue a fin on his back and toss his blubbery butt in the ocean. Then tell the Eskimos he's a whale and the season starts early this year.

Doomer said:

Doomer said:

Tell you what - paint him black, glue a fin on his back and toss his blubbery butt in the ocean. Then tell the Eskimos he's a whale and the season starts early this year.

New Topics

Forum List

Back