Here We Go

japan and the japs share all the blame , they attacked Pearl Harbor Drippy !!
BS.

You clearly don't know your history.

FDR set up the Japanese for their attack on Pearl, knew the attack was coming beforehand and warned no one...then scapegoated the commanders. FDR was our worst president by a long shot...and keep in mind, most were bad.

REVISIONIST HISTORY , course we do see that the japs were nuked Gipper . Sneak attack on Pearl was reason enough but saving American lives while avoiding the invasion of japan was icing on the cake . I know that my Father and Uncles appreciated the fact that they didn't have to invade mainland japan Gipper .

REVISIONIST HISTORY , course we do see that the japs were nuked Gipper . Sneak attack on Pearl was reason enough but saving American lives while avoiding the invasion of japan was icing on the cake . I know that my Father and Uncles appreciated the fact that they didn't have to invade mainland japan Gipper .
Another falsehood. The a-bomings were clearly a war crime. Committed on a nation completely unable to defend itself. Truman did it to impress Stalin and because he was a terrible racist.

it was done to spare American military from having to invade an island that was full of japs that would have fought the invasion . Also done because the USA wanted 'unconditional surrender' rather than having to negotiate with losers . No matter though , japs were nuked , results of the nuking were noted by scientists , USA won the war and the rest is history for me and tears for others . Mighta also been some revenge or justice for the sneak attack on Pearl Gipper !!

it was done to spare American military from having to invade an island that was full of japs that would have fought the invasion . Also done because the USA wanted 'unconditional surrender' rather than having to negotiate with losers . No matter though , japs were nuked , results of the nuking were noted by scientists , USA won the war and the rest is history for me and tears for others . Mighta also been some revenge or justice for the sneak attack on Pearl Gipper !!
We did not need to invade dummy...the war was over. Japan was done and had been trying to surrender for nearly two years, prior to Truman's war crime. Incinerating women, children, and old men is what Truman did then he claimed the two cities were military bases...then claimed we needed to murder all those innocents to prevent 1 million deaths had we invaded...all bogus bullshit.

War is always the health of the state....stop believing the lies of the lying state.

anyway , the USA wanted unconditional surrender and the nukes gave a kick in the azz to the japs that they better surrender on American terms . That being said , the japs were nuked , USA won the war , payback for the sneak attack on the USA was delivered , data was collected , my Dad came home to Father me and my brothers and sisters . What more could I want Gipper ?? :afro:

We did not need to invade dummy...the war was over. Japan was done and had been trying to surrender for nearly two years, prior to Truman's war crime. Incinerating women, children, and old men is what Truman did then he claimed the two cities were military bases...then claimed we needed to murder all those innocents to prevent 1 million deaths had we invaded...all bogus bullshit.

War is always the health of the state....stop believing the lies of the lying state.
Japan was done and had been trying to surrender for nearly two years, prior to Truman's war crime.
Try telling that to my Dad, whose aircraft carrier was hit by kamakaze pilots in '45. You are full of shit.

Japan was done and had been trying to surrender for nearly two years, prior to Truman's war crime.
Try telling that to my Dad, whose aircraft carrier was hit by kamakaze pilots in '45. You are full of shit.
Means nothing.

Too bad my Dad's already passed away. He'd meet you in the parking lot for that one.

Too bad my Dad's already passed away. He'd meet you in the parking lot for that one.
Please stop with the silliness.

Your father and mine were only pawns in the game played by FDR, Truman and the elites.

Your father and mine were only pawns in the game played by FDR, Truman and the elites.
Oh, Gipper. I know you and I and our parents were/are all pawns. However, I don't believe much of what you're saying, except that.

Oh, Gipper. I know you and I and our parents were/are all pawns. However, I don't believe much of what you're saying, except that.
I too believed the bullshit fed us by the government regarding WWII....but unlike you, I educated myself.

People do shitty things in war.

Just because nuking Japan was the right decision at the time doesn't mean it wasn't horrific.

This thread reminds me of my dad, who was forced to fight in the Korean War. We met a Korean doing a documentary that thanked my dad for fighting for SK. It made dad feel even better than the federal government finally putting up a memorial to all that died in Korea.

He loved MASH too and he was as conservative as you can be.

My dad was awesome.

of course it was the right decision . Many American lives were saved because we didn't need to invade . Plus a lot of japs didn't have to die if that matters . USA was going to make half a million Purple Hearts in anticipation of that many USA casualties . Also , the japs themselves were looking to build a nuclear device to use on the American invasion fleet . They also would have used their device on my Mother and the rest of my family plus many other Americans and other countries like 'china' . The atom bombs that we used on the japs were good things Drippy !!

and the japs wanted TERMS to surrender while the USA wanted total unconditional surrender . Even after the atom bombs the jap military wanted to continue fighting . It was the jap emperor that over rode the wishes of the military and the USA got the Unconditional surrender that it wanted Drippy . :afro:

Forum List

Back