Here It Is---Trump's New Food Stamp Plan: A Basket Of U.S. Food, Direct To Your Doorstep!

That didn't happen in my day, but I have seen old movies with Milk Men..... :)

That's what it was back then. We had a milk man, a Charlie's Chips man, a juice man, a rag man, everything was delivered. Our doctor used to come to our house when we kids were sick. Many women didn't drive back then and the ones that did didn't have their own car in most cases.

My mothers house still has a milk chute that hasn't been used in over 45 years.
That sounds awesome! The good ole days!

Actually it was great. I remember coming home from school and my mother yelling at me to empty out the milk chute on the way in. Getting gasoline meant driving to the pumps and an attendant came out and pumped your gas, checked your tire pressure, checked your oil, and added any necessary items. You gave him cash or credit card, and he'd come back with your change or the charge machine and you signed your name and took the receipt.

My next door neighbor had the milkman, I remember them coming twice a week ( I think) then they were gone when I was around in the 2nd grade. ( 1972?)

Yep, that's about right. When women started to work and getting their own cars, they opted for cheaper products at the store instead of paying for delivery. Believe it or not, grocery stores used to close around 4:00 or 5:00 pm. After that, Dad had to come home and drive mom to the convenience store.

That's what it was back then. We had a milk man, a Charlie's Chips man, a juice man, a rag man, everything was delivered. Our doctor used to come to our house when we kids were sick. Many women didn't drive back then and the ones that did didn't have their own car in most cases.

My mothers house still has a milk chute that hasn't been used in over 45 years.

Actually it was great. I remember coming home from school and my mother yelling at me to empty out the milk chute on the way in. Getting gasoline meant driving to the pumps and an attendant came out and pumped your gas, checked your tire pressure, checked your oil, and added any necessary items. You gave him cash or credit card, and he'd come back with your change or the charge machine and you signed your name and took the receipt.
I remember all of the gas stations being full service...... the state I lived in, unlike most all other states had no SELF SERVE....it was against the state law....

so when I ended up in Florida in my early 20's I had to pump the gas myself....and I admit I was clueless! :D

I had a VW Bug at the time.....and drove it for 3-5 years without ever adding oil to it..... I just didn't know any better....? I was dying my hair blonde at the time, maybe that had something to do with my ditziness..... ;)

Anyway, one day on the way home from work or school....can't remember, the Bug made this gosh awful noise like a fork or ten, was in the garbage disposal being chewed up....then it died. I killed my transmission....

Who knew you had to add oil to the car?? The full service guys always did everything?? :dunno:

:lol:

You're not alone. Many women don't like the combustion engine or know anything about it. My mother refuses to operate any engine device. She even had an electric snow blower. Electricity and water? Not such a hot idea.

My sister is college educated, but like my mother, doesn't want to deal with anything that has an engine. Her driveway is two cars wide and two and a half cars in length. She hires a plow guy to remove the snow. A snowblower would have that drive cleared in about five minutes.

We lease our trucks through Penske. They have full serve diesel fuel islands. It's great, especially in the winter. Just like the old days with cars, they check the oil, refill the windshield washer fluid, add oil if needed, and of course, pump the fuel. Then the guy prints out a receipt and comes to the truck for a signature. Unless you want to clean your windshield and windows, you never have to get out of the truck.

I always wondered what would happen if a gas station started a full service island and would we be willing to pay more for gasoline for the service? I think I would. I really miss those days.

We have a few full service stations here in central Pa......but few and far between.

We were discussing full service a year or so on this forum. One person from Jersey stated that they still have full-service islands at most of their stations. I don't know if that's true or not. BTW, how are those full service stations doing business wise?

People on food stamps are by nature incompetent and by definition parasites. Would it really be hard for the government to save money and have people eat better than the convince store junk food many foot stamp people buy now?

Give it a chance.

Once again, Trump is doing the right thing!

Getting actual food to the people that really need it and reducing the opportunity for fraud and theft in one fell swoop.

Progressives will, of course, complain about this and find fault

Why do our friends on the left want poor people to go hungry?

Have you even bothered to consider the logistics in doing something like this? Home delivery of food baskets? Who's gonna deliver them, and how often?
Yep this is another kindergarten idea from the child in chief.

I think Trump believes that the government can deliver like Amazon does. If that was the case, then why the miserable response to Puerto Rico?
Too many Puerto Ricans. Between the truck drivers refusing to drive, the theft, and the crazy Mayor, the poor people never had a chance.

Once again, Trump is doing the right thing!

Getting actual food to the people that really need it and reducing the opportunity for fraud and theft in one fell swoop.

Progressives will, of course, complain about this and find fault

Why do our friends on the left want poor people to go hungry?

Have you even bothered to consider the logistics in doing something like this? Home delivery of food baskets? Who's gonna deliver them, and how often?

States already have existing delivery systems. :)

http://www.dhs.state.il.us/page.aspx?item=38933
They do? Refrigerated?

Do they have a warehouse with refrigerators to store the food before all the truck drivers arrive to load their trucks t deliver to each and every home receiving snap?

I truly do not think there is any way this could be cost effective...

Though who wouldn't love to have their groceries delivered once a week?? :p I would be jealous that a neighbor on snap gets their food delivered in a box, while I have to spend hours in the store, and lugging the groceries up to the house.... :D

Staples not fresh food.
Like cereal,pasta,rice,canned goods.
They still get a card for fresh produce.

So, tell us again, why inventing a whole new bureaucracy for handling the massive logistics for this, represent a cost savings?

The USDA got out of the Gubmint Cheese and Peanut Butter bidness ages ago... with good reason.
In today's age with modern delivery systems the tax payers could save a bundle. I do all my shopping online. Just sent my son a care package at college. All he has to do is pick it up. It would be stupid to not take advantage of technologies and bulk pricing. I'm tired of tax payer money being used for alcohol and strip clubs. The Missouri audit showed those items were in high demand and were paid for with tax payer money.

Last edited:
DV7Xd4SXkAATrqf.jpg

Here It Is---Trump's New Food Stamp Plan: A Basket Of U.S. Food, Direct To Your Doorstep!

That is sad. Trump has lots of horrible plans - including this one:

5a7e19091e000038007ab48f.gif

Trump's 'Tip-Pooling' Plan Could Screw Your Bartender

Talk about fake news, I know a lot of places they share the tips...

If a employee doesn't want to file management policy in tops, out the door they go.

From the link

Under federal regulations, employers can’t force workers to share their tips with managers or other employees who don’t normally work for gratuitie

I remember all of the gas stations being full service...... the state I lived in, unlike most all other states had no SELF SERVE....it was against the state law....

so when I ended up in Florida in my early 20's I had to pump the gas myself....and I admit I was clueless! :D

I had a VW Bug at the time.....and drove it for 3-5 years without ever adding oil to it..... I just didn't know any better....? I was dying my hair blonde at the time, maybe that had something to do with my ditziness..... ;)

Anyway, one day on the way home from work or school....can't remember, the Bug made this gosh awful noise like a fork or ten, was in the garbage disposal being chewed up....then it died. I killed my transmission....

Who knew you had to add oil to the car?? The full service guys always did everything?? :dunno:

:lol:

You're not alone. Many women don't like the combustion engine or know anything about it. My mother refuses to operate any engine device. She even had an electric snow blower. Electricity and water? Not such a hot idea.

My sister is college educated, but like my mother, doesn't want to deal with anything that has an engine. Her driveway is two cars wide and two and a half cars in length. She hires a plow guy to remove the snow. A snowblower would have that drive cleared in about five minutes.

We lease our trucks through Penske. They have full serve diesel fuel islands. It's great, especially in the winter. Just like the old days with cars, they check the oil, refill the windshield washer fluid, add oil if needed, and of course, pump the fuel. Then the guy prints out a receipt and comes to the truck for a signature. Unless you want to clean your windshield and windows, you never have to get out of the truck.

I always wondered what would happen if a gas station started a full service island and would we be willing to pay more for gasoline for the service? I think I would. I really miss those days.

We have a few full service stations here in central Pa......but few and far between.

We were discussing full service a year or so on this forum. One person from Jersey stated that they still have full-service islands at most of their stations. I don't know if that's true or not. BTW, how are those full service stations doing business wise?

Very good...here a story on one

| Martin Oil Company | Martin Oil Company

So, tell us again, why inventing a whole new bureaucracy for handling the massive logistics for this, represent a cost savings?

The USDA got out of the Gubmint Cheese and Peanut Butter bidness ages ago... with good reason.
In today's age with modern delivery systems the tax payers could save a bundle. I do all my shopping online. Just sent my son a care package at college. All he has to do is pick it up. It would be stupid to not take advantage of technologies and bulk pricing. I'm tired of tax payer money being used for alcohol and strip clubs. The Missouri audit showed those items were in high demand and were paid for with tax payer money.
Hey... inner-city ghetto trash gonna inner-city ghetto trash... there's always a way to scam the system.

Why don't you try building on what we already have, instead of lighting-up a sourcing, warehousing and logistics nightmarish throwback to the 1970s?

Imagine a poor mother who runs out of milk for her child in the middle of the night... having to wait 1-2 days for that shelf-stable milk to be delivered, rather than just taking her SNAP debit card down to the corner grocery store and picking-up and paying for that milk in real-time? Or cereal... or bread... or eggs... or whatever...

Besides... she's poor... flat-broke... she has no Internet access and you've taken away her ObamaPhone... how is she supposed to order? Wait 'til the Library opens so that she can walk down there with child in-tow and use the public computers?

Totally unworkable...

And, the logistics... I mean... Jesus-H-Christ !!! ... what a frigging nightmare...

Unless, of course, you're looking to enrich Amazon and WalMart and Uber, who would bend over like crack whores for a shot at such juicy Gubmint contracts...

So much for a competitive playing field and essentially precluding the possibility of Teddy Roosevelt -style Trust-Busting as these monsters get out of hand...

I know that Trump fans feel it their duty to push 'most any ideeer that comes out of the mouth of the Chief Twit(ter), but, I mean... c'mon... really?

-----------------------

There are ways to retain the Debit Card concept while greatly reducing fraud... tweaking what we have more intelligently rather than reinventing the goddamned wheel (again)...

You can start with narrowing the field of retailers who are authorized to accept the cards...

You can require the retailers to have customers show a photo ID when presenting their Debit Dcard ( screw the LibTards who object on economic grounds... Po' Folk get ;em free )...

Next-gen Debit Cards can be programmed to only work at a handful of local retailers - the card-holder gets to choose 1 or 2 grocery stores, 1 or 2 of this or that, and it won't work anywhere else...

Next-gen Debit Cards can be programmed to contain encrypted authentication data for future use...

Next-gen State ID Cards can be programmed to contain encrypted authentication data for future use...

Over time, you pay retailers to reprogram their card-swipe systems to require two cards... the Debit Card itself, then, secondly, the State ID... both containing encrypted authentication data...

Rather like swiping a Member Card and a Credit Card at a CostCo or Sams' Club gas station pump...

If the encrypted authentication data on the Debit Card does not match the encrypted authentication data on the State ID card, then the transaction is declined...

Every commodity that is purchased with such Debit Cards is barcode labeled and scanned, and the barcode holds the key to the generic nature of the item...

If the scanned item's categorization does not meet the Intended Usage sniff test then the item is declined and cannot be paid for with such a Debit Card...

So, unless your well-vetted and bonded Authorized SNAP Benefits Retailer is relabeling booze as baby formula or unless that strip-club hooker has a barcode on her ass...

Last edited:
You have a point. Local grocers will take a hit because these days a large/significant portion of their customers are on food stamps.

Forum List

Back