HERE IT IS: The Bill That Will Give Obama Power Over All Draft Age Persons 18-45!!!

USArmyRetired

Rookie
May 29, 2010
I bet this will be signed by Obama into law. He said if Republicans gained control that he would get things done by the stroke of executive order. This should take a bite out of the high unemployment figures. But this isn't anything new! We knew of his intent to do this quite awhile back and he called it a civilian force. He even talked of younger children in school and how they would be required to do ‘service’ in the community. He even said he wanted the civilian force ‘just as large and just as well equipped as the Military! I think this would be good for liberals and have them spend a couple of years in the service of some kind.

H.R. 5741: Universal National Service Act (GovTrack.us)

To require all persons in the United States between the ages of 18 and 42 to perform national service, either as a member of the uniformed services or in civilian service in furtherance of the national defense and homeland security, to authorize the induction of persons in the uniformed services during wartime to meet end-strength requirements of the uniformed services, and for other purposes.

To re-instate the draft
To draft all persons – everyone from the ages of 18-42 to serve in some capacity for 2 years for the government
To allow the president to create his National Security Force from the enlistments

I bet this will be signed by Obama into law. He said if Republicans gained control that he would get things done by the stroke of executive order. This should take a bite out of the high unemployment figures. But this isn't anything new! We knew of his intent to do this quite awhile back and he called it a civilian force. He even talked of younger children in school and how they would be required to do ‘service’ in the community. He even said he wanted the civilian force ‘just as large and just as well equipped as the Military! I think this would be good for liberals and have them spend a couple of years in the service of some kind.

To require all persons in the United States between the ages of 18 and 42 to perform national service, either as a member of the uniformed services or in civilian service in furtherance of the national defense and homeland security, to authorize the induction of persons in the uniformed services during wartime to meet end-strength requirements of the uniformed services, and for other purposes.

To re-instate the draft
To draft all persons – everyone from the ages of 18-42 to serve in some capacity for 2 years for the government
To allow the president to create his National Security Force from the enlistments

Obama has been asking for this since he was on the camapign trail in early 2008. Why are you JUST getting riled up about this now?

• Banned

To re-instate the draft

Obama has been asking for this since he was on the camapign trail in early 2008. Why are you JUST getting riled up about this now?
I am not riled up. Do you think we need a civilian defense force?

To re-instate the draft

well civilians do get pretty unruly.

To re-instate the draft

No, I do not. However, I DO believe it would be good to level the playing field a bit so that not just the less fortunate are forced to serve our country.

I can't wait to see the poor and the scions of the rich mixed in together in the national service.
NOT!
special dispensations will be the norm.

No, I do not. However, I DO believe it would be good to level the playing field a bit so that not just the less fortunate are forced to serve our country.

I've got an idea. How about we stop repeating this nonsense as fact?

Who Serves in the U.S. Military? The Demographics of Enlisted Troops and Officers
Members of the all-volunteer military are sig nificantly more likely to come from high-income neighborhoods than from low-income neighborhoods. Only 11 percent of enlisted recruits in 2007 came from the poorest one-fifth (quintile) of neighborhoods, while 25 per cent came from the wealthiest quintile. These trends are even more pronounced in the Army Reserve Officer Training Corps (ROTC) pro gram, in which 40 percent of enrollees come from the wealthiest neighborhoods—a number that has increased substantially over the past four years.

American soldiers are more educated than their peers. A little more than 1 percent of enlisted per*sonnel lack a high school degree, compared to 21 percent of men 18–24 years old, and 95 percent of officer accessions have at least a bachelor’s degree.

Contrary to conventional wisdom, minorities are not overrepresented in military service. Enlisted troops are somewhat more likely to be white or black than their non-military peers. Whites are proportionately represented in the officer corps, and blacks are overrepresented, but their rate of overrepresentation has declined each year from 2004 to 2007. New recruits are also disproportionately likely to come from the South, which is in line with the history of South ern military tradition.

The facts do not support the belief that many American soldiers volunteer because society offers them few other opportunities. The average enlisted person or officer could have had lucrative career opportunities in the private sector. Those who argue that American soldiers risk their lives because they have no other opportunities belittle the personal sacrifices of those who serve out of love for their country.

The less fortunate? Are you talking about people like the Joe Biden's son?

Well that should drop unemployment figures ;)

Indeed. Will that include legal aliens? They've been left out of conscription before, but the Democrats seem to think they should be enfranchised, so would that include conscription?

this bill is old and will never pass. its slavery and there would be complete rebellion if this was tried

this bill is old and will never pass. its slavery and there would be complete rebellion if this was tried

but it is telling that it was ever put forth in the first place. The fact that Obama ever even stated something as insane as creating another military force is telling.

To re-instate the draft

from your link:

This bill is in the first step in the legislative process.

Wake me up when this graduates from committee to a house or senate vote, meanwhile you should go back to sleep.

Do you know how many bills die in committee? Nearly all of them.

To re-instate the draft

Obama needs it to fight off the real military when they stage a coup on him.

but it is telling that it was ever put forth in the first place. The fact that Obama ever even stated something as insane as creating another military force is telling.

He's just following what his pal Ahmadinejad has done. Iran's leader doesn't trust the Revolutionary Guard not to turn on him so he has a private Army. Muslim brothers of a feather....

To re-instate the draft

Great! I like that.

Forum List

Back