Here It Comes

It is if you want some work done on your house.

In the larger picture...beyond your own nose.

It's capitalism. They got fat building rushed houses that no one wanted, now the market is weak and they have to make due fixing homes. That's the nature of the beast.
You can get better quality home repairs done more reasonably today. I got a low bid on a project three years ago of $9,000. I had the work done a fews weeks ago for $5,000.

Thats when the dam broke, the bubble popped. Hispanics are going to be the majority in 30 years or so, do you think things won't change?

Things always change and I'll be dead in 30 years or so.
You don't have kids

My kids are Navy brats and are fluent in Spanish. Their friends are a mix of all races. Moving so much gave them a big advantage and they will thrive no matter the future.

that double dip we've been talking about.

Home Prices Drop Into Double-Dip Territory

U.S. home prices officially double-dipped in March, tumbling to new post-bubble lows, a report released Tuesday revealed.

According to the S&P/Case-Shiller home price index, seasonally-adjusted prices in 20 metro areas slumped 0.2% in March from February to 138.16 -- below the crisis low set in April 2009 of 139.26. While economists had projected the 0.2% decline, it marks a painful reminder of the housing market’s failure to mount a sustainable rebound from its historic slump.

S&P said the short-lived bounce in home prices in 2009 and 2010 was largely due to the first-time home buyers tax credit, which has since expired.

“Excluding the results of that policy, there has been no recovery or even stabilization in home prices during or after the recent recession,” David Blitzer, chairman of the index committee at S&P Indices, said in the report. “This month’s report is marked by the confirmation of a double-dip in home prices across much of the nation…Home prices continue on their downward spiral with no relief in sight.”

In the 20 markets surveyed by S&P, home prices were off by a non-adjusted 0.8%, compared with a 1.1% drop in February and forecasts for a 0.6% fall. Year-over-year, home prices tumbled 3.3%.

Read more: Home Prices Drop Into Double-Dip Territory - FoxBusiness.com

actually we have been in the housing market, in a double dip for over a month, I posted an article a month ago speaking to this, it takes 3 months or so for indicators to catch up so in effect its been longer.......*shrugs*....

the 2011 gdp expectations I heard on the way home, they, the big "they" have knocked it down again, it started at 4.3 back in December, then in jan while goldman said gdp q1 would be 2.5 ( it was 1.8 just to show you how screwed up they were for just a quarter) they said 2011 would be 3.5, now its down to I think they said 3.0%...abysmal.

stagnation? stagflation?

You don't have kids

My kids are Navy brats and are fluent in Spanish. Their friends are a mix of all races. Moving so much gave them a big advantage and they will thrive no matter the future.
So there third world ready, thats good

They are first, second, third, fourth, fifth, and sixth world ready. Having spent 20 years in the military I witnessed first hand all the totally unprepared for life kids parents unleashed on the world. It does a disservice to the kids and to the country.

New Topics

Forum List

Back