Here it comes... "Fairness Doctrine" for the Internet...

because every time I ask a con this they cant do it.

Fairness Doctrine

It's not that hard to understand.... Here's a con explaining what it is... For every viewpoint on the right, there must be a viewpoint on the left given the same amount of air time even if the public doesn't want to hear...

Businesses will no longer have the right to air what makes money...only what is "FAIR"...

Admittedly, this guy has some pretty silly ideas. I especially found these quotes humorous:

"A system of limitless individual choices, with respect to communications, is not necessarily in the interest of citizenship and self-government,"

... Huh??

"We propose a Civility Check that can accurately tell whether the e-mail you're about to send is angry and caution you, 'warning: this appears to be an uncivil e-mail. do you really and truly want to send it?'" they wrote. "

That is just plain retarded.

"[A]lmost all gun control legislation is constitutionally fine. And if the Court is right, then fundamentalism does not justify the view that the Second Amendment protects an individual right to bear arms."

Well, let me tell you something guys: I'm no constitutional scholar, and I'm no gun-nut. In fact, I favour gun legislation! But... uh...

"A well regulated militia being necessary to the security of a free State, the right of the People to keep and bear arms shall not be infringed."

^ that might be a problem.

"Sunstein first proposed the notion of imposing mandatory "electronic sidewalks" for the Net. These "sidewalks" would display links to opposing viewpoints. "

:eusa_eh: Well, sure... sounds peachy, but... oh c'mon, that's just a silly idea.

Admittedly, this guy has some pretty silly ideas. I especially found these quotes humorous:

"A system of limitless individual choices, with respect to communications, is not necessarily in the interest of citizenship and self-government,"

... Huh?? It's called communism! redacted:eusa_shhh:

"We propose a Civility Check that can accurately tell whether the e-mail you're about to send is angry and caution you, 'warning: this appears to be an uncivil e-mail. do you really and truly want to send it?'" they wrote. "

That is just plain retarded. well, it is retarded but remember it's written by an American hating lefty

"[A]lmost all gun control legislation is constitutionally fine. And if the Court is right, then fundamentalism does not justify the view that the Second Amendment protects an individual right to bear arms."

Well, let me tell you something guys: I'm no constitutional scholar, and I'm no gun-nut. In fact, I favour gun legislation! But... uh...

"A well regulated militia being necessary to the security of a free State, the right of the People to keep and bear arms shall not be infringed."

^ that might be a problem.

"Sunstein first proposed the notion of imposing mandatory "electronic sidewalks" for the Net. These "sidewalks" would display links to opposing viewpoints. "

:eusa_eh: Well, sure... sounds peachy, but... oh c'mon, that's just a silly idea.

:eusa_shhh:

Obama's regulatory czar wants "Fairness Doctrine" for the Internet...

U.S. regulatory czar nominee wants Net 'Fairness Doctrine'

Well if this becomes law (which I doubt) the traffic on this forum will change dramatically and some us will be off the air for extended periods of time.

What a load of opportunistic crap.

you meant communistic crap didn't ya? Yes, I'm sure you did,, you just forgot yourself.. :lol::lol:

Left the adjective (there are others as well) out so as to avoid having animal waste thrown at me.

Well.. you DO have the freedom to use your little keyboard, mouse and google to look up an opposing viewpoint yourself... just as you DO have the freedom to find another radio show with a differing viewpoint

But there is no need to have it spoonfed to you... on the net, on the radio waves, in bar conversation, or wherever else

Barack Obama's nominee for "regulatory czar" has advocated a "Fairness Doctrine" for the Internet that would require opposing opinions be linked and also has suggested angry e-mails should be prevented from being sent by technology that would require a 24-hour cooling off period.

It looks to me like he thinks if I am going to post my opinion about abortion that I have to go out and find an opposing opinion and link it so that I am treating the issue fairly or maybe the moderators have to go find the opposing position and post it in opposition to my opinion?

What a frigging moron.

Immie

Note not one could tell us in their own words what the fairness doctrine really dies.

Well, that's just another "lie" from the person purporting "truth matters." It's been answered several times to you, once by me you PUTZ... :eusa_eh:

Last edited:
In your own words tell us what the fairness doctrine says?

It says that for every opinion, there has to be an opposing opinion.

Like Gunny said, this could backfire bad in the liberals face. In their blind rage to silence EVERYTHING conservative, they may just wind up silencing the VAST MAJORITY of their OWN voice, since 90% of everything on TV and in print is liberal.

Nope that is not what the fairness doctrine said

In your own words tell us what the fairness doctrine says?

It says that for every opinion, there has to be an opposing opinion.

Like Gunny said, this could backfire bad in the liberals face. In their blind rage to silence EVERYTHING conservative, they may just wind up silencing the VAST MAJORITY of their OWN voice, since 90% of everything on TV and in print is liberal.

Nope that is not what the fairness doctrine said

Yes, that is what the fairness doctrine said.

fairness doctrine: West's Encyclopedia of American Law (Full Article) from Answers.com

The doctrine that imposes affirmative responsibilities on a broadcaster to provide coverage of issues of public importance that is adequate and fairly reflects differing viewpoints. In fulfilling its fairness doctrine obligations, a broadcaster must provide free time for the presentation of opposing views if a paid sponsor is unavailable and must initiate programming on public issues if no one else seeks to do so.

The Fairness Doctrine was a policy of the United States Federal Communications Commission (FCC) that required the holders of broadcast licenses both to present controversial issues of public importance and to do so in a manner that was (in the Commission's view) honest, equitable and balanced.

Last edited:
Heres how it goes .

You have present all sides of an issue and not just one side.

If you dont present all sides then someone can demand time on your show to present their side of the issue.

Most shows would be just fine except Fox.

Heres how it goes .

If you dont present all sides then someone can demand time on your show to present their side of the issue.

You like oversimplifying a restriction on free speech. The internet is the last bastion of free speech, and to take that away is to lead to .. well ... pick a bad form of government. Look it over more, there's even more to it than that, it infringes on private messages even. Anyone remember the last time that happened? A joke about anthrax almost got someone put to death because of an automated detection algorithm in an email server ... seriously! It's bad, it's wrong, and if he pushes this then fuck the Democrats, I am going full blown Republican.

Heres how it goes .

I'm going to have to ask you if you think MSNBC is balanced? Please give me a straight anwer without a smirk on your face.

Forum List

Back