Here it comes: CNN: Beto = White Male Privilege

He thought taking on a nickname like "Beto" would save him as a "non-white" candidate. He should just come out and say he's "transgendered" into a Hispanic.

Btw, we HAVE a dozen "third parties." If you prefer them, vote for their candidates. You have that right.

Last edited:
He thought taking on a nickname like "Beto" would save him as a "non-white" candidate. He should just come out and say he's "transgendered" into a Hispanic.

Btw, we HAVE a dozen "third parties." If you prefer them, vote for their candidates. You have that right.
Perhaps you missed the "viable" qualifier.

That's okay, never mind.

Beto's excellent adventure drips with white male privilege - CNNPolitics

There are no sane major parties any more. This country has completely lost its shit.

We desperately need a viable third party. As funny as this stuff is, the wings are fucking killing us.

Its a analysis by a woman with an axe to grind. She makes some points about how women who seek higher office are perceived. What the author misses is that likability goes a long way in a presidential campaign. For some, it may be the only thing that matters. I'm pretty sure that isn't the best way to look at things but for a lot of people they do.
BETO isn't thought to be a viable contender because of some male white privilege; he's though to be a contender because he showed that he can run a competitive race in a big state against a heavy favorite; doesn't sound like he wants to hold abortions in the Rose Garden, and does have some good ideas about what public service is all about. And yes, he's likable and that really gets your foot in the door. If The Rock ran, he'd have his foot in the door. As would Michael Straihan, Post Malone, Ron Howard, Oprah Winfrey, and scores of others.

The country has lost it's shit? No. Stop being stupid.

There are no sane major parties any more. This country has completely lost its shit.

We desperately need a viable third party. As funny as this stuff is, the wings are fucking killing us.

That's one Nia-Malika Henderson. Since when is she one of the "major parties"? Let alone "This country"?

Moreover, don't you still believe it takes, you know, an actual argument to take an article apart? Like, presenting the article's major assertions, and pointing out major flaws like lack of internal consistency, or factual inaccuracies?

Jumping to conclusions without so much as a hint of an argument to support them is otherwise known as prejudice. Efforts at inviting others to share your prejudices are otherwise known as propaganda.

O'Rourke is being criticized for his randomness. For his TMI'ing and for his "what do I want to do with my life" aimlessness.

But the fact that he knows he has the freedom to cast about as a campaign-in-waiting forms, shows how much of his political identity is predicated on being white and male.​

I suspect, Henderson has a point here, even while white males, exercising their white, male privilege, strenuously refuse to see the extent to which women are being treated differently.

That's one Nia-Malika Henderson. Since when is she one of the "major parties"? Let alone "This country"?

Moreover, don't you still believe it takes, you know, an actual argument to take an article apart? Like, presenting the article's major assertions, and pointing out major flaws like lack of internal consistency, or factual inaccuracies?

Jumping to conclusions without so much as a hint of an argument to support them is otherwise known as prejudice. Efforts at inviting others to share your prejudices are otherwise known as propaganda.

O'Rourke is being criticized for his randomness. For his TMI'ing and for his "what do I want to do with my life" aimlessness.

But the fact that he knows he has the freedom to cast about as a campaign-in-waiting forms, shows how much of his political identity is predicated on being white and male.​

I suspect, Henderson has a point here, even while white males, exercising their white, male privilege, strenuously refuse to see the extent to which women are being treated differently.

I think Mac's point is that the lady did not have to go to Betos race and apply a stereotype to him in order to evaluate his candidacy.

People are gradually realizing thjat Identity politics, from which the idea of 'white privilege' emerges, is nothing more than racism without white people being allowed to play.

And racism of any form should not be tolerated in an educated, moral enlightened population, or else it will destroy us.

I think Mac's point is that the lady did not have to go to Betos race and apply a stereotype to him in order to evaluate his candidacy.

People are gradually realizing thjat Identity politics, from which the idea of 'white privilege' emerges, is nothing more than racism without white people being allowed to play.

And racism of any form should not be tolerated in an educated, moral enlightened population, or else it will destroy us.
Those who push and enable this madness know what they're doing.

They'll spin for it, and they'll try to pretend it's a one-off and change the subject.

Regular stuff. Meanwhile, our divisions grow, and they're perfectly fine with that.

Mac doesn't have a point. He has judgments. Whatever "point" you are trying to find in there, is your invention.

Your whine about the fact that white identity politics, the bedrock of U.S. politics since its founding, is coming to an end, is noted, and dismissed, along with your transference projection of "racism".

This is inevitable when it comes to the left and their game of identity politics. They will destroy themselves when they need to divide everyone into victim status groups. One had to take priority over the other and that varies day by day.

Mac doesn't have a point. He has judgments. Whatever "point" you are trying to find in there, is your invention.
Your whine about the fact that white identity politics, the bedrock of U.S. politics since its founding, is coming to an end, is noted, and dismissed, along with your transference projection of "racism".

Horse shit.

Identity Politics, as a proper noun phrase, did not exist in this country or anywhere else prior to World war 2.

You are deliberately obfuscating the assertion I made, which indicates a dishonest character and poor morals.

Those who push and enable this madness know what they're doing.

They'll spin for it, and they'll try to pretend it's a one-off and change the subject.

Regular stuff. Meanwhile, our divisions grow, and they're perfectly fine with that.

Once Androids have an impact on our immigration numbers, the Identity Politics drones will lose power.

Their only argument is that minority dominance is inevitable, but they fall for that only because they see everything through an ethnic prism and ignore the more dominant economic factors that define group behavior.

http://maristpoll.marist.edu/wp-con...rist-Poll-USA-NOS-and-Tables_1901141631-1.pdf

Trump is up among Hispanics approval by 19% since last November, to 50% and a majority of Americans want less Identity Politics in our national discussions.

This is not what Identity Politics mavens have been predicting.

Beto needs to start using the Ladies Room
Lol, no, Beto is actually a decent Democrat candidate. I disagree with him on most issues, but he seems to be more pragmatic than ideological.

I could vote for him depending on who the GOP nominates.

Horse shit.

Identity Politics, as a proper noun phrase, did not exist in this country or anywhere else prior to World war 2.

You are deliberately obfuscating the assertion I made, which indicates a dishonest character and poor morals.
The entire political landscape was different prior to WW2...

Yeah, here we have another one who gets into a judgmental hissy without a proper argument.

Yes, the American Birth Defect, White racism written into law, wasn't White identity politics. Nope, sir!

But most assuredly, the wildly different circumstances of life for women and minorities, requiring differing policy approaches to these circumstances, have no grounding other than (non-White) racism.

But yeah, you probably expect to be taken seriously with that nonsense. I mean, come on, that's your White privilege right there, spouting ludicrous nonsense and still expecting not to be laughed out of the room.

Really, I do understand how a woman of color pointing out your filthy underwear and White males' hilarious claim to victimhood, has you very, very irate, and oh-so concerned about "This country". Oh, not to forget, "divisions", terrible divisions because the White male perspective is being questioned, even deemed suspicious.

Ludicrous.

Isn't she kind of hard on him, he can close to whipping Cruz's butt.

My last day of work was January 2nd

And Jack Kerouac-style, he roams around, jobless (does he not need a job?)

He can do like John Kerry.... Rich Widows!

Jo

Forum List

Back