Here it comes.......bailouts for the States!

Thats how the liberals will crutch the welfare states of Illinois, California, NY, etc.

SOME states will be more conservative, try to balance their budgets, and be responsible. Others will allow sanctuary cities and spend massive amounts on social programs, and go bankrupt. The well off states will bail out the far left states.

Makes me wonder......why bother being independent anymore? Why not just move to a far left state and live off the government????????

Regardless of the impllications, it looks like schools will get a much needed shot in the arm that the states can't give them. Little if any press is given to the effect on kids by the massive shortfalls in state payments to grade schools and high schools. Screw the universities.

This will never end! The States are just as inefficient as the Federal government.

White House's late push for $26B state aid bill - David Rogers - POLITICO.com

The Democrats are the party of welfare dwellers, illegal aliens, homeboys, the lazy, hippies, druggies, Wall Street, Union thugs, ambulance chasing lawyers, etc.

Wonder how many states would dare take money from these people. You'd need to have your head examined if you did. Guaranteed they'll end up firing you and replacing with one of their's or threatening you with pulling the rug from beneath you at the worst possible time.

Regardless of the impllications, it looks like schools will get a much needed shot in the arm that the states can't give them. Little if any press is given to the effect on kids by the massive shortfalls in state payments to grade schools and high schools. Screw the universities.
Whew!!!

You're talking long-term investments (i.e. education) there, and.....how can Wall Street & the 1%ers POSSIBLY realize any short-term profits on THAT kind o' move??!!!! :eek:

It's no WONDER "conservatives" are railing-against such blasphemy!!!!

So what the ROI on all those Illegals? We get "cheap lettuce" and they give us bankrupt states.

It'll only end when you end it.
It's time for murkins to use the guns they hold so dearly.

Ah! but who to shoot, Doug? There's the rub.

Revolutions, you see, take advanced planning and organization.

OTOH, if people just start shooting those to whom they object (basically their neighbors), that's not a revolution that's going to lead to a new (presumably better) government.

That's not even going to lead to a Civil War that might lead to a government (as in the CSA) either.

That's just plain old anarchy.

So if you want a revolution leading to a better government, then you need to plan it out.

And while you're recruiting and planning and amassing the material needed for this revolution, what do you suppose the government is doing?

Do you think they're not paying attention to any organization large enough and organized enough to plan a revolution? (hey sport, there's nearly a million citizens with TOP SECRET clearance in this nation...that's a lot of eyes and ears)

A successful revolution requires the majority of the people being willing to suffer the consequences of having a revolution.

Now does that sound like the American people?

Hell! ~ most of us are highly inconvenienced if our cable TV is off for a day.

So I think more likely scenario leading to another government is that this government collapses first, leading to a time of anarchy.

In that case, people would probably form together into local defence units to fend off the cretins who would climb out from under the rocks in a time of anarchy

And it is from those local organizations coming together with other local organizations to form some regional kinds of governments.

Seems to me that basically what we'd end up with is exactly what so many of you claim you hate.

We'd end up with government forged by militias.

I don't know about you, but in my opinion local martial founded governments don't sound superior to what we have now.

If you want a better government in this nation, the quickest way to it is to rally around a political movement (like the tea Party as an example) and take over the government legally.

And no, I do not think that that's really possible, either.

Every political movement seems destined to end up controlled by the people with the money to infiltrate and eventually lead that organization.

The American people are not ideologically cohesive enough to rally without a cause without some master's money to help them pay for the rally.

Hence ,the masters will continue to be the masters (of every citizens movement, just as they so obviously already are) unless some outside force topples their regime.

And I see no outside force capable of taking on this developing one world government that's rallying around CAPITAL.

So most likely (but I think highly unlikely) scenario for significant change is, I suspect, a mulitary based coup d' etat.

The military has the organization and the power to do that.

But I doubt the military would be into toppling this government, too.

After all, this government takes very good care of its military.

So the officer corps aren't likely to want to risk their pensions, now, are they?

See?

Revolution?

Not gonna happen anytime soon here in America.

Anarchy, maybe.

Revolution or civil war?

Well maybe if this government collapses under its own weight, but not before that happens.

A successful revolution requires the majority of the people being willing to suffer the consequences of having a revolution.

i.e. the same people who (thankfully) see two Wars as nothing-more than background-noise.....'cause there's no DRAFT!!!

i.e. the same people who (thankfully) see two Wars as nothing-more than background-noise.....'cause there's no DRAFT!!!
ha ha...a revolution by those that call for it would mean they'd have to give up their Social Security and Medicare. Not going to happen. :eusa_hand:

Yup.

ha ha...a revolution by those that call for it would mean they'd have to give up their Social Security and Medicare. Not going to happen. :eusa_hand:

This board is overrun with people who support the military. They're either in the military, or retired from it.

Meanwhile many of this ilk tell us that the government spends too much money.

Go figure.

26 billion, spread around, will only delay the inevitable bankruptcy for most states.
Hell, it cost 30 billion alone to extend unemployment for another 6 months.

Better to bailout the States than the banks.

We've temporarily bailed out the banks. Wasn't it more than 26 billion to bail out banks? As this Great-recession/Semi-depression lingers and gets worse, we'll jump into a financial abyss to adequately begin to bail-out states.
But, then again, you and others still believe we have a magical endless printing press.

26 billion?
Where have you been?
Close to 300 billion.

That's my point!
Where has E-Delta, and others been, who have blind faith in gov't bail-outs. Its' like they have a Gov't worship mentality based in an endless belief that since the Gov't bailed us out before, they can continue to do it again....and....again.....and again.

26 billion?
Where have you been?
Close to 300 billion.

That's my point!
Where has E-Delta, and others been, who have blind faith in gov't bail-outs. Its' like they have a Gov't worship mentality based in an endless belief that since the Gov't bailed us out before, they can continue to do it again....and....again.....and again.

Speak for yourself. I worship no government, least of all the American government.

During a recession, basic economic theory will tell you that financial aid to local governments is a very important thing, and this is especially true in the US where many are forced to balance their budgets institutionally. Without a bailout states can either raise their taxes or cut the provision of services and employment. Both are catastrophic during a recession.

Of course, that's all left up to your point of view. If your goal is for the recession to go on forever, then by all means, do not give a dime to the states. Let them fire half of state employees and cut services, so that private companies that supply them fire half of their employees, so that they can compete with the already high numbers of unemployed, so that more people can curb their private consumption so that more businesses fail, so that they fire half of their employees.

In fact, we may have stumbled on something here. You could kill many birds with one stone. This could potentially solve your illegal immigration issue. You just have to make the unemployment rate so high, the wage so low (abolish minimum wage would be a must), and people so poor, that nobody will want to move there. All those employees could lead excruciatingly fulfilling lives pick fruit for a living and selling it by the side of the road. :clap2:

Forum List

Back