Here is what Dems, Unions and WI teachers are in a near riot over

Exactly. These Repubs get all their info from Fox it seems.

In Wisconsin, the budget is required by law to be balanced. Right now, if something dramatic is not done, that law will not be followed and the state will be breaking its own law. The Governor is trying to do something to balance the budget which, on it's face, is his job.

This comes down to the whole population ponying up the extra taxes to balance the budget or reducing the expenditures to the point at which a balance will occur.

Two years ago, the Failed Stimulus provided funds that the Democrat Administration used to fund the shortfalls and avoid the tough questions. The jig is up and it's time to pay the piper.

Ignoring the problem is one answer and that is the one that the Unions and the Dems seem inclined to choose. Another approach is to solve the problem with a rational and sustainable plan.

Wisconsin unions fight Gov. Scott Walker's collective bargaining proposal | greenbaypressgazette.com | Green Bay Press Gazette

They have until June. They are trying to ram this through in order to bust unions.

The Democrats will come back as soon as concessions are made by this moronic governor. He's a tool, he needs to step back and stop trying to break working people.

There is no need for unions in the public sector. They are employed by us, through our elected officials. Private sector, different matter - I think there is a place for GOOD unions, ie, not those that will destroy a company over unreasonable demands.... but ones that provide a stronger voice for employees.

Public sector employees don't need protection. No one is out to screw them. Public sector unions are a major problem in the country.

I doubt your figures because you did not reference them, and I found references that made them look erroneous. The interesting thing is that the data you provide does not match up with the data from the Wisconsin DPI.

Care to explain the discrepancies? Especially since you are whining about my data not being accurate?

Statistical Information Center - School Staff and Salary Data.
There is nothing in that link that contradicts what I linked to. You would have posted it if it did. There is nothing about class size and no statewide averages, only each district. You obviously didn't even bother to check your own link. No surprise there.

Really? So the fact that the average salary is higher on the DPI link than it is on the link you provided does not contradict your link? Does the fact that Wisconsin teachers received a 4.6% pay raise since the last year that the DPI has figures for make their figures high or low? How can my figures not be accurate if different numbers do not contradict each other?
The link above does not give average salary for the state. It gives the average salary for each of the 425 districts individually. I'm not going to waste my time adding all the districts and dividing by 425. Obviously you didn't either. And your earlier DPI link was for ONE county, Madison, only, not the whole state average which I gave. I already pointed this out to you, but CON$ always play dumb.

And the data I gave, which you challenged me for a link, was class size, which is not given at all in any of your links. You claimed 28 students per teacher and I showed it was 14.7 per teacher.

There is nothing in that link that contradicts what I linked to. You would have posted it if it did. There is nothing about class size and no statewide averages, only each district. You obviously didn't even bother to check your own link. No surprise there.

Really? So the fact that the average salary is higher on the DPI link than it is on the link you provided does not contradict your link? Does the fact that Wisconsin teachers received a 4.6% pay raise since the last year that the DPI has figures for make their figures high or low? How can my figures not be accurate if different numbers do not contradict each other?
The link above does not give average salary for the state. It gives the average salary for each of the 425 districts individually. I'm not going to waste my time adding all the districts and dividing by 425. Obviously you didn't either. And your earlier DPI link was for ONE county, Madison, only, not the whole state average which I gave. I already pointed this out to you, but CON$ always play dumb.

And the data I gave, which you challenged me for a link, was class size, which is not given at all in any of your links. You claimed 28 students per teacher and I showed it was 14.7 per teacher.

Are you incapable of doing math? I'm not, and I found the numbers do not agree with your figures. Do it yourself and you will see the same thing.

Are you incapable of doing math? I'm not, and I found the numbers do not agree with your figures. Do it yourself and you will see the same thing.
There's no way you added the average salary for all 425 districts and then divided by 425 to get the state average or you would have posted those figures by now!!!! Go ahead and post them now.

There's no way you added the average salary for all 425 districts and then divided by 425 to get the state average or you would have posted those figures by now!!!! Go ahead and post them now.

I am, at heart, a teacher. I do not do the work, I teach others to think for themselves.

I am willing, however, to tell you how to do it. Open the document in Excel, get a sum of the all the averages, and divide by the number of districts. When you do you should remember that the number you get is nothing more than a ballpark estimate. The actual number will be higher because the average you get is not weighing the data to account for larger districts having more teachers than the smaller districts, and the actual average will be higher.

Go do your homework, and then come back and explain the discrepencies between your numbers and the actual numbers from the DPI. Also, explain how contradictory numbers do not invalidate your numbers, yet your numbers invalidate mine.

Forum List

Back