Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Re-write tax code to remove most tax loop-holes

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters

kyzr

Diamond Member
Oct 14, 2009
The AL part of PA
I'm betting that Boehner and Obama are just doing the DC Kabuki dance knowing full well that we're going over the cliff in January. I'm not opposed to going over the cliff, but there may be better ways to cut $4T over the next 10-years.

Lets take a poll on tax policies that the DC clowns should do...

May as well go over the cliff, which is just a small hill anyway, that's what Maobama wants. Everyone in DC should just go on their Christmas vacations and try again next year.

Best way to fix the financial mess that the US is in is really quite simple:

1. Don't borrow any more money from anybody - especially China.
2. Cut every program coming out of Washington by 15%.
3. Quite spending money like it grows on trees.
4. Stop ALL foreign aid.
5. Immediately pass a "Balance the Budget" law requiring that no more money can be spent than what comes in via taxes.

Revenue neutral flat tax of 18%. No credits, deductions or anything special. Tax code goes from 70,000 incomprehensible pages down to one sentence.

Flat spending baselines that are only adjusted for inflation.

No more problem.

Last edited:
You might try fixing your poll by allowing multiple choices.

My bad, the phone rang and I forgot to check the multi-box. My apologies.

You get the idea though. There are $trillions there for the saving if they would just cooperate and compromise. I like the no foreign aid comment. We need to cut the big entitlements somewhat, and then cut defense.

All taxes go back to the Clinton era. The Buffet Rule is adopted for all income from whatever source. The 6.2 I pay on SS is levied on all income from whatever source. Military spending is limited to no more than the next 7 nations combined. We adopt a single payer universal health care system, reduce the per capita costs to that of Canada, cover all citizens, prevent 700,000 to one million medical bankruptcies a year, and save a bunch of money.

See you in 2014

All taxes go back to the Clinton era. The Buffet Rule is adopted for all income from whatever source. The 6.2 I pay on SS is levied on all income from whatever source. Military spending is limited to no more than the next 7 nations combined. We adopt a single payer universal health care system, reduce the per capita costs to that of Canada, cover all citizens, prevent 700,000 to one million medical bankruptcies a year, and save a bunch of money.

See you in 2014

And have Joe Biden blow rainbows out his butt while riding unicorns. Yup, that should be worth about $1 Trillion in revenue right there.

I would buy a ticket.

The overblown "fiscal cliff" scare is being re-thunk. The thinking now is that its the best option for long-term economic growth?! Who the fuck knows what they're doing? These economists/politicians can't agree on anything.

Is the fiscal cliff a bad thing or a good thing?????

Here is how I cut fix the budget.

Cut taxes down to a flat rate below 10% for everybody. The same rate for everyone. No deductions.

Doing so, we've just eliminated the need for most of the IRS, Tax lawyers, and accountants because everyone will be able to do their own taxes without problem. That will cut alot of government spending and free up labor for the private sector.

It will also grow the economy because people will be working less for government and more for themselves.

And then we start slashing every single department of the Federal Government. We find a way to be more efficient with military money. Hold people more accountable. We do that we should be able to strengthen the military and cut spending. Then we go across the board and cut every program down to size. No sacred cows. Nothing is untouchable. Anything the Feds duplicate, eliminate. Any waste, eliminate. Anything that should probably belong in the purview of the states, eliminate and kick back to the States. Anything not Constitutional, kick back to the States. Anything that can be privatized like TSA, privatize.

Get the politicians hands out of the pie. Cut the politicians pay. Make them part time statesment like our Founders intended. Make them get second jobs. And prosecute any politician who makes money off his/her time in jail. Cut their pensions. They don't deserve high privileged pensions. They are screwing the country up.

After that, we see what's left and where we are at with an expanding economy and a significantly smaller budget.

I don't fear the cliff. This entire clusterfuck will give voters a real chance to see how their representatives are working for or against moving America forward. Republicans have been stonewalling for 4 years.

I expect this process will heavily influence the 2014 elections.

I don't fear the cliff. This entire clusterfuck will give voters a real chance to see how their representatives are working for or against moving America forward. Republicans have been stonewalling for 4 years.

I do too. Though probably not the way you expect.

Here is how I cut fix the budget.

Cut taxes down to a flat rate below 10% for everybody. The same rate for everyone. No deductions.

Doing so, we've just eliminated the need for most of the IRS, Tax lawyers, and accountants because everyone will be able to do their own taxes without problem. That will cut alot of government spending and free up labor for the private sector.

It will also grow the economy because people will be working less for government and more for themselves.

And then we start slashing every single department of the Federal Government. We find a way to be more efficient with military money. Hold people more accountable. We do that we should be able to strengthen the military and cut spending. Then we go across the board and cut every program down to size. No sacred cows. Nothing is untouchable. Anything the Feds duplicate, eliminate. Any waste, eliminate. Anything that should probably belong in the purview of the states, eliminate and kick back to the States. Anything not Constitutional, kick back to the States. Anything that can be privatized like TSA, privatize.

Get the politicians hands out of the pie. Cut the politicians pay. Make them part time statesment like our Founders intended. Make them get second jobs. And prosecute any politician who makes money off his/her time in jail. Cut their pensions. They don't deserve high privileged pensions. They are screwing the country up.

After that, we see what's left and where we are at with an expanding economy and a significantly smaller budget.

And I was going to offer 18%. People could live with that. What could possibly be fairer than everyone paying the same percent? You billionaires, cough up $180 Million and fire the tax lawyers that manage to have you pay 0. Joe shmo hard luck case, ...you pay 179,999,820 dollars less. Seems fair.

And I was going to offer 18%. People could live with that. What could possibly be fairer than everyone paying the same percent? You billionaires, cough up $180 Million and fire the tax lawyers that manage to have you pay 0. Joe shmo hard luck case, ...you pay 179,999,820 dollars less. Seems fair.

I think 10% is too high. So did Ben Franklin, so at least im in good company.

The politicians lied when they past the income tax promising that it wouldnt go about 5%. They broke that promise within a few years.

Note to wolfie moonbeam...The Democrats owned majorities in the House, the Senate, and occupied the Executive branch for two years.

There is no simple fix. The "flat tax" has problems, such as can you deduct business expenses, and stock losses, and off-shore earnings, and contributions, etc. The value added tax (VAT) has issues, such as buying stuff in Mexico or Canada, not to mention "who collects the tax" every small store?

I'm for closing loop-holes and going after off-shore tax cheats like Sen. Wellstone tried to do.

There is no simple fix. The "flat tax" has problems, such as can you deduct business expenses, and stock losses, and off-shore earnings, and contributions, etc. The value added tax (VAT) has issues, such as buying stuff in Mexico or Canada, not to mention "who collects the tax" every small store?

I'm for closing loop-holes and going after off-shore tax cheats like Sen. Wellstone tried to do.

Eliminating deductions would mean no, you cant deduct those. Companies will need to step up and perform better and succeed on their merits.

Looking at the poll options. I dont think that any one specific thing there will help fix the budget.

25% across the board cut for ALL Federal programs except the military.
50% cut for all military budgets.
Eliminate overseas military bases.
10% flat tax.
Constitutional amendment requiring a balanced Federal budget with no loopholes save for a (declared) state of war.

Forum List

Back