Here is America's New Hero

probably 95% of airline pilots are ex-USAF or USN

See, I'm learning something again! I haven't been on a plane since 2002, when I went to San Antonio, Texas. That was the last time I had a kid free vacation. It was for 3 nights of eating and drinking,,,,and laying out by the pool in the daytime on top of the hotel.

Ahhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh............................................

He is a certified glider pilot instructor too. He did an excellent glide with what he had. It is truly amazing.

Last edited:
probably 95% of airline pilots are ex-USAF or USN

This is why, recently, they've recognized the many service personnel I see flying these days on my planes. I've seen several standing ovations recently on flights for guys/gals coming home or heading out.

Yes it did! I sure wish all airline pilots were ex-Air Force, I'd feel a lot safer when flying! (Though I never fly anywhere....but just in case I ever do.)

Not to toot the horn of my own service, but EZ, ya really ought to consider having a Navy pilot in your plane before an Air Force pilot.

Know why?

Air Force is great at flying airplanes on and off runways..........

It gets a bit harder when you've gotta do it on a ship that is pitching and rolling, as well as the fact that when approaching the back end at 150 mph, that big ass carrier only looks the size of a postage stamp.

Trust me......it's hard to land on one. I tried in the simulators with the pilots, and I could never get the hang of it. Catching a 3 wire is tricky.

Besides.......ya know what Top Gun is for the Air Force?

They get to fly with Navy squadrons!

"A Hero?"

He had a clear understanding of what took place and what his options were.

He made his choice and executed it perfectly.

He gave aid to his passengers and then checked for anyone left behind.

He was the last one off his ship in other words prepared to go down with it, if need be.

Then he relaxed with a cup of joe, still dressed in full uniform and under complete control of his facilities.

A hero? Yes, to those in need he certainly is.

A product? Yes, a product of this nations Air Force and professionalism. Courage under fire.

He did what we expect many men and women to do each day, perform under extreme pressure and succeed. He comes from a long line of Hero's!

You know.....the only difference between a hero and the average person is thus......

Average people panic and end up killing themselves and others in crisis situations.

Heroes stay calm, assess the situation, take appropriate action, and get everyone out alive.

The thing that impressed me most about this man is that he checked the plane after everyone got out.......not once.....but TWICE!

That is definitely a man who is a credit to his service. Personally? I think that someone should buy that man dinner and a beer every night (with his wife and family) for a year.

He may have been a "B" student.......

But he flies at the "A" level.

Why can't the media just leave him alone? It's one thing to praise someone about the good that they did, it's quite another to go digging around in the files for their stuff.

I guess they're just trying to paint too glowing a picture of him. More is not necessarily better.

Why can't the media just leave him alone? It's one thing to praise someone about the good that they did, it's quite another to go digging around in the files for their stuff.

I guess they're just trying to paint too glowing a picture of him. More is not necessarily better.

True enough. His actions says all that needs to be said about him. He performed at the very top of his trade, and 154 people are alive today because of his skills.

come on, the media has to find every flaw
if the guy has a hemorrhoid, we'll have to hear about it

Forum List

Back