Here! Have a seat...let me buy you a drink!

Flaming was not really allowed or encouraged in the Tavern. 98% of the folks who came respected that. A few couldn't control themselves.

BINGO!!!!!

it is not a flame thread..... though everyone got their shots in at one time or another.

So the intention was a halfway place somewhere between not being allowed to neg anyone but still being allowed to rib each other? I guess it is where you draw that line as to what is acceptable ribbing and what is outright flaming. Don't know if I would be able to make that call myself. It is possible to flame someone without ever using any vulgar language. So it is definitely a grey area. Perhaps they could create a Halfway House where anything goes except negging. Then post a list of the Tavern Rules something along these lines; ;)

The Rules of The Brewmaster's Tavern

We ask that all patrons of the Brewmaster's Tavern adhere to the following rules as written by the General.

1st Shew Nothing to your Friend that may affright him.
2nd Put not off your Cloths in the presence of Others, nor go out your Chamber half Drest.
3rd Spit not in the Fire, nor Stoop low before it neither Put your Hands into the Flames to warm them, nor Set your Feet upon the Fire especially if there be meat before it.
4th Be no Flatterer, neither Play with any that delights not to be Play'd Withal.
5th When you see a Crime punished, you may be inwardly Pleased; but always shew Pity to the Suffering Offender.
6th Do not laugh too loud or too much at any Publick Spectacle.
7th Associate yourself with Men of good Quality if you Esteem your own Reputation; for 'tis better to be alone than in bad Company.
8th If two contend together take not the part of either unconstrained; and be not obstinate in your own Opinion, in Things indiferent be of the Major Side.
9th Being Set at meat Scratch not neither Spit Cough or blow your Nose except there's a Necessity for it.
10th If you Soak bread in the Sauce let it be no more than what you put in your Mouth at a time and blow not your broth at Table but Stay till Cools of it Self.
11th Put not your meat to your Mouth with your Knife in your hand neither Spit forth the Stones of any fruit Pye upon a Dish nor Cast anything under the table.
12th Put not another bit into your Mouth til the former be Swallowed let not your Morsels be too big for the Gowls.
13th Drink not nor talk with your mouth full neither Gaze about you while you are a Drinking.
14th Drink not too leisurely nor yet too hastily. Before and after Drinking wipe your Lips breath not then or Ever with too Great a Noise, for its uncivil.
15th Cleanse not your teeth with the Table Cloth Napkin Fork or Knife but if Others do it let it be done wt. a Pick Tooth.
16th It is out of use to call upon the Company often to Eat nor need you Drink to others every Time you Drink.
17th Smile. A pleasant smile is pleasing to behold.

The Brewmaster's Tavern: The Rules

Last edited:
I will have a hot chocolate too! With some marshmellows. Thanks.

We just came through one snow storm and are now expecting another freezing cold spell. I will be very glad when winter is over!

Ah common Syreen, open her back up. The drinks they serve here are all watered down!
Maybe you shudda ordered Sex on the Beach! Hey, you old goat! This ain't MY place! I just offered to buy you a drink! We could mozy on down the sidewalk to another waterin' hole and I'll buy you another one!

BARTENDER! Gimme my tab!

I'll have a hot chocolate!!!

One Nubian Princess, comin' up!

Last edited:
Flaming was not really allowed or encouraged in the Tavern. 98% of the folks who came respected that. A few couldn't control themselves.

That's what happens when you get a bunch o' drinkers together...in a bar, at home, at a party, the Tavern...wherever. Some people go wild when they get drunk!

Come on...lemme buy you a drink!:eusa_angel:

I'll have a hot chocolate!!!

A little Bailey's Irish cream will make it taste oh, so much better.....

baileys-hot-chocolate.jpg

That's what happens when you get a bunch o' drinkers together...in a bar, at home, at a party, the Tavern...wherever. Some people go wild when they get drunk!

Come on...lemme buy you a drink!:eusa_angel:

Gimme a triple shot of Wild Turkey and send one of the barmaids to sit on my lap.

I'm in the mood for a Pina Colada......if you please....

Pina%20Colada.jpg

I'll drink to that!

Speakin' of chocolates...and Baileys...try this:

Equal parts: Irish Whiskey, Khalua, Baileys

shake well over ice;
strain into tall shot glasses;

Tastes like a jacked-up YooHoo!

Forum List

Back