Here goes the neighborhood

J3ffr3y

Rookie
Aug 24, 2012
"Introduce yourself"

Sounds like a good idea.

I am brand new to this forum but I am not at all new to debating politics online. I tend to prefer debating the broad underlying principles and ideas rather than bickering over the details of every single current political event. In short, I am a political philosopher (bullshit artist :razz: ).

Briefly: I consider myself to be a constitutional conservative libertarian. My political identity has evolvedfrom being a passionate self-described liberal and registered democrat in my teens and early 20's, when I thought I was right about everything (despite knowing damn well that I had almost no real knowledge of the political/governmental history of the US and the world or the disparity between my perception of political left and right as it related to my core beliefs and the historical realities of which side truly embodied them), to a registered libertarian conservative at the age of 40(after embarking on a determined search for the truth and self education).

I am a lifelong atheist. However, I am no longer anti-religious as i was in my youth and i have never been a nihilist. I believe in something, i just know that i do not know what it is, and i remain certain that a singular omnipotent being that created everything, controls everything, and waits to judge me upon my death is among the very least likely of all possibilities. For what it's worth, my facebook page says I am a "non-practicing pagan". LOL. so...

I believe capitalism is the only economic system consistent with individual liberty. I believe individual liberty is the single most crucial core principle underlying the vision this nations founders sought to articulate. I am pro gay marriage, anti-death penalty, and base both positions on my conservative principles. They are not a deviation from them and I do not support those positions with the same arguments that the left does.

I think i bring a perspective to this forum you may not have been exposed to, as unlikely as that may sound.

I tend to be away from the internet for days or weeks at a time so i apologize in advance for blowing up your thread in a 1 or 2 day fury of brilliance only to vanish for two weeks before returning to respond. hehe.

cyas...

Jeffrey

p.s. Libs;think long and hard before you try me, because I don't pull punches and i arrive here completely out of patience with the closed-minded, lying, evasive, racist, and intellectually incurious leftists in this country.

"Introduce yourself"

Sounds like a good idea.

I am brand new to this forum but I am not at all new to debating politics online. I tend to prefer debating the broad underlying principles and ideas rather than bickering over the details of every single current political event. In short, I am a political philosopher (bullshit artist :razz: ).

Briefly: I consider myself to be a constitutional conservative libertarian. My political identity has evolvedfrom being a passionate self-described liberal and registered democrat in my teens and early 20's, when I thought I was right about everything (despite knowing damn well that I had almost no real knowledge of the political/governmental history of the US and the world or the disparity between my perception of political left and right as it related to my core beliefs and the historical realities of which side truly embodied them), to a registered libertarian conservative at the age of 40(after embarking on a determined search for the truth and self education).

I am a lifelong atheist. However, I am no longer anti-religious as i was in my youth and i have never been a nihilist. I believe in something, i just know that i do not know what it is, and i remain certain that a singular omnipotent being that created everything, controls everything, and waits to judge me upon my death is among the very least likely of all possibilities. For what it's worth, my facebook page says I am a "non-practicing pagan". LOL. so...

I believe capitalism is the only economic system consistent with individual liberty. I believe individual liberty is the single most crucial core principle underlying the vision this nations founders sought to articulate. I am pro gay marriage, anti-death penalty, and base both positions on my conservative principles. They are not a deviation from them and I do not support those positions with the same arguments that the left does.

I think i bring a perspective to this forum you may not have been exposed to, as unlikely as that may sound.

I tend to be away from the internet for days or weeks at a time so i apologize in advance for blowing up your thread in a 1 or 2 day fury of brilliance only to vanish for two weeks before returning to respond. hehe.

cyas...

Jeffrey

p.s. Libs;think long and hard before you try me, because I don't pull punches and i arrive here completely out of patience with the closed-minded, lying, evasive, racist, and intellectually incurious leftists in this country.

I'm having tingles up my leg at the prospect of something different here and I hope you have a great time, and I look forward to your thoughts, Jeffery.

welcome.png

Kick all the liberal ass you'd like.

You are about to meet some of the most moronic characters you thought could exist.

They all love Obama and they all are lousy debaters.

Kick all the liberal ass you'd like.

You are about to meet some of the most moronic characters you thought could exist.

They all love Obama and they all are lousy debaters.

So, you and all the other Liberal haters have been saying.

Makes all of you look like real winners yourselves continuously bad mouthing Liberal posters whenever you can.

OP-welcome to the boards, looking forward to civil, intelligent debates.

Hope that's possible.

If not, have fun anyway.

I ignore insults-see my signature, LOL.

Thank you all for the warm welcome.

I try not to be personally insulting. However,I have come to realize that there is basically no getting through to leftists in terms of expecting a direct response to a specific point of contention. So I tend to be rather brutal in my assessments of their endless tap dancing and squirming.

I can take it as good as I give it. So feel free to blast away with both barrels.

Jeffrey

Last edited:
We do have a fantasy football league you can join. Just look in the sports section and join, unless you are afraid to get an ass whoopin.

"Introduce yourself"

Sounds like a good idea.

cyas...

Jeffrey

well, i don't like capitalism one single bit because when i was a little kid i was visiting my gran in west belfast and some cool teenagers asked me to pray with them and it was a mean trick because as soon as i said "our father who" instead of "our father which" they threw me to the ground and stomped my hand with their doc martens which wasn't a big deal at the time but now i have a hard time hitting the shift key and so i don't like this capitalism thing one single bit.

i also think the single most individual core liberty an individual principle of visual techniques can do is in the second amendment, which allows you to shoot the toes off people wearing doc martens.

other than that, we probably should get along...well, except or all the other stuff. i also don't like chipotle because it tastes like someone put a burnt bear in a blender with jalepeno peppers and some sort of sour cream...which baffles me anyway because it has an expiration date.

but i positive repped you and you should click the link.

Forum List

Back