Here Comes The Rain: ObamaCare

PoliticalChic

Diamond Member
Gold Supporting Member
Oct 6, 2008
Brooklyn, NY
1. “Obama: ‘If You Like Your Doctor, You Can Keep Your Doctor’ Obama: ‘If You Like Your Doctor, You Can Keep Your Doctor’ - Washington Wire - WSJ

2. Now, why was that such an important selling point for ObamaCare? Well, certainly because most folks like their doctor….they chose same because they expected him to have the knowledge and interest in them to be able to select the best procedures, the best medications.

3. The Right has warned throughout the battle against big government that the bureaucrats had neither interest. Rather, their aim was to lower the cost of healthcare, no matter the human costs.

a. “WE need death panels. Well, maybe not death panels, exactly, but unless we start allocating health care resources more prudently — rationing, by its proper name — the exploding cost of Medicare will swamp the federal budget….Most notably, President Obama’s estimable Affordable Care Act regrettably includes severe restrictions on any reduction in Medicare services or increase in fees to beneficiaries.” http://www.nytimes.com/2012/09/17/opinion/health-care-reform-beyond-obamacare.html

4. “In March, President Obama appointed Dr. David Blumenthal to head the system of computer-guided medical care as the National Coordinator of Health Information Technology. Just days later, Dr. Blumenthal settled a debate on whether the system will control doctors' treatment decisions. In an article in the New England Journal of Medicine (April 9, 2009), Dr. Blumenthal stressed that the real importance of computers is to deliver "embedded clinical decision support," a euphemism for computers telling doctors what to do.”
Hudson Institute > Downgrading American Medical Care

a. Too late now to reconsider a vote for Obama or ObamaCare….but, once again….the Right was correct.

5. [Dr.Ezekiel] Emanuel, however, believes that "communitarianism" should guide decisions on who gets care. He says medical care should be reserved for the non-disabled, not given to those "who are irreversibly prevented from being or becoming participating citizens . . . An obvious example is not guaranteeing health services to patients with dementia" (Hastings Center Report, Nov.-Dec. '96).
Translation: Don't give much care to a grandmother with Parkinson's or a child with cerebral palsy.

a. Dr. Zeke is Rahm Emanuel’s brother, and a major advisor on ObamaCare.

b. Savings, he writes, will require changing how doctors think about their patients: Doctors take the Hippocratic Oath too seriously, "as an imperative to do everything for the patient regardless of the cost or effects on others" (Journal of the American Medical Association, June 18, 2008).

5. “New York City to Restrict Prescription Painkillers in Public Hospitals’ Emergency Rooms… Some of the most common and most powerful prescription painkillers on the market will be restricted sharply in the emergency rooms at New York City’s 11 public hospitals, Mayor Michael R. Bloomberg said Thursday in an effort to crack down on what he called a citywide and national epidemic of prescription drug abuse…. Long-acting painkillers, including OxyContin, a familiar remedy for chronic backache and arthritis, as well as Fentanyl patches and methadone, will not be dispensed at all. And lost, stolen or destroyed prescriptions will not be refilled…. The restrictions, they said, could deprive doctors in the public hospital system — whose mission it is to treat poor people — of the flexibility that they need to respond to patients.” http://www.nytimes.com/2013/01/11/n...in-public-hospitals-emergency-rooms.html?_r=0

a. “Here is my problem with legislative medicine,” said Dr. Alex Rosenau, president-elect of the American College of Emergency Physicians and senior vice chairman of emergency medicine at Lehigh Valley Health Network in Eastern Pennsylvania. “It prevents me from being a professional and using my judgment.” Ibid.

Don’t forget: ‘If You Like Your Doctor, You Can Keep Your Doctor’
Better hope epidurals are still on the menu…..

Can you see the real face behind the 'Liberal mask'?

I just got word that I will be heading up the death panel!!!

:)

Uh oh.

To be serious, no matter how dire the outcome, treating same with satire seems to be the Left's response to their errors.

No admission, no apology, no 'I'll try to do a better job of thinking it through next time.'

Merely, on to the next mistake....

Forum List

Back