Here Comes the Gun and Speech Legislation

actually the SC has ruled that there are more than one exception to that clause. You can't own nuclear arms for example or assault rifles at least in some states.

Furthermore the entire right to bear arms is predicated on your position in a state militia.

Read it and weep:

If you are not part of a militia, or might not be a part of a militia, then you have no constitutional right to bear arms.

The Supreme Court ruled in DC v Heller and McDonald v. Chicago that the Second Amendment is an individual right.

District of Columbia v. Heller, 554 U.S. 570 (2008), was a landmark case in which the Supreme Court of the United States held that the Second Amendment to the United States Constitution protects an individual's right to possess a firearm for private use within the home in federal enclaves.

McDonald v. Chicago, 561 U.S. ___ (2010), was a landmark decision of the Supreme Court of the United States on the issue of gun rights. The Court held that the right of an individual to "keep and bear arms" protected by the Second Amendment to the United States Constitution is incorporated by the Due Process Clause of the Fourteenth Amendment and applies to the states. The decision cleared up the uncertainty left in the wake of District of Columbia v. Heller as to the scope of gun rights in regard to the states.

Yeah yeah, those activist judges.

On this board everybody is a strict constitutionalist.

If the Holy document doesn't say it, it isn't so. And the holy document predicates the right to bear arms on the need for state militias. In black and white.

And even that SC decision didn't rule that the DC gun ban ruling applied beyond federal enclaves i.e. into the states.

And the right bear assault weapons and guns without a carry permit is withheld in most states.

And you can't bear nuclear arms anywhere in the US unless you are an agent of the feds.

And in most states you have to lock your guns in your own house. You can't even buy a gun here without a locking device.

So much for "the right of the people to keep and bear Arms shall not be infringed.".

In US vs Miller in 1934 the SC held that a sawed off shotgun could be banned and or regulated because "it had no forseeable military purpose". Seems that your assertion about assault rifles is trumped by case law.

criminals will ALWAYS get weapons, no matter WHAT. Only keeping the law abiding people armed can help this situation. Guns don't kill people. People kill people. Get it through your head.

People kill people, people with guns kill lots of people.

300,000,000 guns kill 40,000 people per year. (high estimate BTW)
62,000,000 cars kill 40,000 people per year. 25,000 of those are drunk driving related.
800,000 doctors in the US kill 100,000 people per year (according ot the AMA) due to medical malpractice, misdiagnosis, drug prescription mistakes and other causes not listed.

Doctors in other words kill more than twice as many people every years as all the gun deaths.

Democrat Lyndon LaRouche weighs in on shooting and leftmedia attacks on Sarah Palin

LaRouche: To Blame Sarah Palin for the Shooting of Rep. Giffords is a Crime

Lyndon LaRouche said today that the version of the story about the shooting of Rep. Gabrielle Giffords in Tucson, Arizona on Saturday presented thus far is not believable. On the one hand, it is clear that the perpetrator who was apprehended is a nutty kid. On the other hand, the targeting of Sarah Palin is a tip off that the story is a fake and that someone is using the kid who carried out the shooting.

There is a widespread effort on the part of the press to attempt to make a hero out of a woman, Rep. Giffords, who had the wrong policy on health care. An attempt is being made to use the case to attack Sarah Palin, who had targeted Giffords and 19 other Congressmen for defeat in the last election because of their vote for Obama's Nazi health bill.

LaRouche said that this is a tip off that something is phony in the story being put forward now by people who support the Obama T-4 policy. Giffords was on the wrong side morally. The kid who shot her and others is clearly a nut, a psychotic. But his action is now being used to attack Sarah Palin, who did nothing wrong in targeting supporters, including Giffords, of the Obama health bill for defeat in the last election.

LaRouche said that anyone who attacks Sarah Palin is implicitly pro-Hitler.

He emphasized that the following distinction needs to be made. First, there has to be a further investigation of what happened. This includes the question as to whether the gunman acted alone or whether the other individual caught on surveillance tapes played some role in the events.

And second, the press build up of the attack on Sarah Palin is a tipoff that something is phony, that the attack is being used to promote something else.

The attack itself is a criminal atrocity. Then you have what the press is doing as an official line. LaRouche said that what the press is doing in attacking Sarah Palin is as bad a crime as the crime itself. It is criminal to try to put blame on people who are anti-genocide. The events in Arizona were not caused by people who attacked a pro-genocide policy. The actions of a nut case are being used to build up a witchhunt against people who correctly oppose the murderous, genocide policy epitomized by the Obama T-4 policy.

In effect there are two crimes. First the crime against the Congresswoman and second the crime against Sarah Palin.

LaRouche said it is a toss up as to which is a worse crime. Somebody is trying to use a crime as an after the fact justification for a pro-genocide line. The attack on Sarah Palin is the fraud. The Congresswoman's support for Obama's health policy was wrong.

What do you suggest needs to be done (if anything) to keep guns out of the hands of those intent in using guns to harm innocents? Keep the image of the nine year old daughter, sister and grandchild killed in this latest horrific slaughter when (if) you reply.

lets just ban the dam things.....ok?....i said it for ya.....

Ya know what? There is a nice lady living in San Francisco whose husband and two sons were gunned down in the streets by an ak47 weilding illegal el salvadoran who was given sancturary bythe city. Yep,, and when she sued for damages they shot her a bird.

What is coming up first is congress leglislating protection for themselves.

Well fer sure, BECAUSE THEY are so special and ABOVE us Average citizens they NEED more protection and Special laws over us Little PEONS.

This was, of course, predictable. Never waste a tragedy.

I'll reserve judgment until I see what she introduces, but I think any type of gun legislation passing the Republican controlled House is unlikely, even after this.

Personally, I'm more alarmed by Bob Brady's intended legislation.

Such a law is just flat out unconstitutional and opens the door to an unimaginable amount of abuse by the government concerning the political speech of the American people. Again, I sincerely doubt such a law will be able to pass the House.

What do you suggest needs to be done (if anything) to keep guns out of the hands of those intent in using guns to harm innocents? Keep the image of the nine year old daughter, sister and grandchild killed in this latest horrific slaughter when (if) you reply.

Not asking me but I will chime in, we need one more gun law ona a national level prohibiting any one who is placed in a mental hospital or care under the Baker Act to not be allowed to posess firearms until his Doctor says he is fit ie mentally stable enough to do so again.
The definition of being forcibly treated under the Baker act is you have to be a threat to yourself and or others for it to happen. So why should you be allowed to posess firearms?

I know for a fact that there is no national nor state law in many states prohibing the mentally unstable form posessing guns.

outside of that I think we have gun laws pretty well covered.

Its a valid concern. Why are crazy people provided unlimited access to guns? Both Laughers in Tucson and Cho at Virginia Tech were acknowledged by those around them to be threats and nut jobs. Yet both had no problems openly purchasing firearms.

Why are terrorists on watch lists prohibited from flying but not prohibited from buying guns?

Too bad someone in the crowd wasn't armed. I heard that someone did show up right after they had subdued the shooter, but didn't draw his weapon because things were under control. Imagine that, a responsible gun owner.

Too bad someone in the crowd wasn't armed. I heard that someone did show up right after they had subdued the shooter, but didn't draw his weapon because things were under control. Imagine that, a responsible gun owner.

How do you know that nobody in the crowd was armed? This is Arizona...the most liberal state for carrying a gun

actually the SC has ruled that there are more than one exception to that clause. You can't own nuclear arms for example or assault rifles at least in some states.

Furthermore the entire right to bear arms is predicated on your position in a state militia.

Read it and weep:

If you are not part of a militia, or might not be a part of a militia, then you have no constitutional right to bear arms.

The Supreme Court ruled in DC v Heller and McDonald v. Chicago that the Second Amendment is an individual right.
District of Columbia v. Heller, 554 U.S. 570 (2008), was a landmark case in which the Supreme Court of the United States held that the Second Amendment to the United States Constitution protects an individual's right to possess a firearm for private use within the home in federal enclaves.McDonald v. Chicago, 561 U.S. ___ (2010), was a landmark decision of the Supreme Court of the United States on the issue of gun rights. The Court held that the right of an individual to "keep and bear arms" protected by the Second Amendment to the United States Constitution is incorporated by the Due Process Clause of the Fourteenth Amendment and applies to the states. The decision cleared up the uncertainty left in the wake of District of Columbia v. Heller as to the scope of gun rights in regard to the states.

Yeah yeah, those activist judges.

On this board everybody is a strict constitutionalist.

If the Holy document doesn't say it, it isn't so. And the holy document predicates the right to bear arms on the need for state militias. In black and white.

The PEOPLES right to bear arms, not the Militias, shall not be infringed.

And even that SC decision didn't rule that the DC gun ban ruling applied beyond federal enclaves i.e. into the states.

You didn't read the whole post...McDonald v Chicago "cleared up the uncertainty left in the wake of District of Columbia v. Heller as to the scope of gun rights in regard to the states."

And the right bear assault weapons and guns without a carry permit is withheld in most states.

And you can't bear nuclear arms anywhere in the US unless you are an agent of the feds.

An "assault weapon" is nothing but a semi-automatic rifle. Legal in every state.

A nuclear weapon is a bomb, not an arm.

And in most states you have to lock your guns in your own house. You can't even buy a gun here without a locking device.

So much for "the right of the people to keep and bear Arms shall not be infringed.".

In most states? I don't think so. Long guns may be freely in every state and...
New York is the only state in the Union that prohibits the transportation of handguns without a license. Citizens should therefore be particularly careful since they face sever consequences should they inadvertently violate the state's myriad, technical, anti-gun provisions.
I 100% support the use of gun locks in homes with kids. Requiring a trigger lock to be included with all retail sales in no way infringes the right to keep and bear arms.

Last edited:
We are just encouraged not to use our brains, we are told how to act.

We is good little programmed minions.
rush_lemmings_001.jpg

Gee, it wasn't that long ago that the picture of that black guy with the gun strapped to his hip, AT A POLITICAL GATHERING,

was the rightwing's be all end all for what was great about America.

Forum List

Back