Here comes the COCAINE Train Woo-Woo

WOW, did this ever get sidetracked. Allow me to connect the dots...
http://www.upi.com/NewsTrack/Business/2007/12/04/bush_to_sign_us-peru_free-trade_deal/7984/

Bush opens trade with peru.
Supreme court allows judges to give lighter sentences for Cocaine.
That could become retroactive allowing a few thousand to be released.

Yes crack dealers deal in death. That would just happen to be the federal government. The rich one percent.

Over 90% of the worlds opium comes from Afghanastan and heroin and opium are on the rise all over the world. Is it any surprise that this happened AFTER we invaded?

The same thing happened with Bush 1 in the 80's over a mid east arms deal and there was so much cocaine available that people couldn't give it away.

Like father, Like son.

One, the conversation is VERY relevant to the original topic since it deal with the mechanizations of the topic.

And Afghanistan has provided the vast majority of the world's opium since LONG before we invaded. It was part of the Golden Triangle as far back as the Vietnam War. How much further back than that it goes I couldn't say, but trying to lay it on our presence there is a no go.

WOW, did this ever get sidetracked. Allow me to connect the dots...
http://www.upi.com/NewsTrack/Business/2007/12/04/bush_to_sign_us-peru_free-trade_deal/7984/

Bush opens trade with peru.

The USSC didn't make the determination because Bush opens up trade with Peru. The two dissenters on the course are Bush fans, not Bush opponents. As much as that can be said for federal judges.

Supreme court allows judges to give lighter sentences for Cocaine.
That could become retroactive allowing a few thousand to be released.

Umm, no. It can't become retroactive.

Over 90% of the worlds opium comes from Afghanastan and heroin and opium are on the rise all over the world. Is it any surprise that this happened AFTER we invaded?

Thats because the government is incompetent, not because they are trading in drugs.

The USSC didn't make the determination because Bush opens up trade with Peru. The two dissenters on the course are Bush fans, not Bush opponents. As much as that can be said for federal judges.

Thats because the government is incompetent, not because they are trading in drugs.

And a horse is a range animal.

Yes and no on recidivism. One only needs be caught for mass murder/serial killings once. But I will give you that it generally applies to lesser crimes.

Guns have functional purposes that do not necessarily include unlawful death. My understanding of crack is that it's highly addictive and serves no positive, functional purpose.

As far as the disparity, I think there should be a disparity based on the severity of the drug. I am not educated enough on the difference between powder and crack to comment on the specific disparity. If the disparity doees not exist between the forms of the drug, then I don't see a reason that a disparity should exist in the punishment for trafficking in them.

Serves no purpose???
Lets see, It keeps some of the population stuck on stupid while at the same time giving law enforcement a job. Not to mention the search and seizure laws that allow local governments to sieze houses and cars and boats and auction them off and buy night vision devices.
It also creates monatary gain for attorneys, lawyers, and can even incite new construction of jails and prison, which in turn feeds the construction companys.
As long as the feds have us all jumping from one foot to another and stuck on many stupids...we can't unite.
Pacify and numb the people so they don't care about what is really going on.

Sure mass murder/serial killings, but that shit is rare. It is far more likely that someone does a serious crime, gets caught, does time and gets out and does it again. Also....this is the whole thing with people getting pissed at Huckabee paroling that guy. After all we should look at past actions and increase sentencing, right?

Yes guns do have a functional purpose, as can any drug including Crack. Don't get me wrong its quite bad for you but most drugs you can do recreationally (I would say Heroin is a notable exception).

There isn't really. Its the same drug in different forms. Crack cocaine is usually cut with something and so is cheaper to make and on the street. Its primarily a black drug, while cocaine is primarily a white drug.

Of course past actions/behavior should be taken into consideration. I just noted there was an exception before someone else did. Probably should also use past actions that are repeated to see if there's a breakdown in the system since obviously the punishment was not a deterrent.

I don't know that heroin is any worse than crack. And I really have no moral issue with people who want to use recreational drugs in the privacy of their own homes and such use has no negative impact on others.

I DO have a problem with those who prey on weak and/or innocent and turn them into addicts so they can line their wallets.

bullshit if they cant keep shiploads of heroin cocaine and illegals out how could they ever hope to keep out bio weapons or dirty bombs or terrorist or some guys with box cutters .the illegals are here because they want then to be as are the drugs, there has not been a terrorist attack since 911 because they have not let one happen...yet

bullshit if they cant keep shiploads of heroin cocaine and illegals out how could they ever hope to keep out bio weapons or dirty bombs or terrorist or some guys with box cutters .the illegals are here because they want then to be as are the drugs, there has not been a terrorist attack since 911 because they have not let one happen...yet

THEY DON'T CALL IT "the drug ENFORCEMENT agency" for nothing.

Serves no purpose???
Lets see, It keeps some of the population stuck on stupid while at the same time giving law enforcement a job. Not to mention the search and seizure laws that allow local governments to sieze houses and cars and boats and auction them off and buy night vision devices.
It also creates monatary gain for attorneys, lawyers, and can even incite new construction of jails and prison, which in turn feeds the construction companys.
As long as the feds have us all jumping from one foot to another and stuck on many stupids...we can't unite.
Pacify and numb the people so they don't care about what is really going on.

Don't do drugs.;)

Don't do drugs.;)

I have to do drugs GunnyL. I have had knee surgery and I am on pain meds and I had to sign a paper that said that if I did NOT take my meds, I am in violation of this agreement and can be prosecuted. I legally can't stop taking my pain meds.

I have to do drugs GunnyL. I have had knee surgery and I am on pain meds and I had to sign a paper that said that if I did NOT take my meds, I am in violation of this agreement and can be prosecuted. I legally can't stop taking my pain meds.

Well, unless you have a scrip for some Peruvian flake, I'd say you're probably safe.:cool:

Hey, welcome back Lookout.

Don't mind me or my tendency of being correct about most things.

:thup:

Yeah...We'll see...Whats next?, the delorian making a comeback?

That would actually be pretty neat!

As far as drug trade goes, where do you think the CIA gets all it's black-ops cash?

Who do you think CREATED crack-cocaine?? That made the powder cocaine profits SKYROCKET.

Don't do drugs.;)

That's right. Drugs lead to paranoia and schizophrenia.

There's no way to justify selling crack cocaine, or any other hard drug. I'm not talking about a few doobies. Pot does nothing but lower your iq a few points...crack destroys body, mind and ultimately your soul.

Of course, alcohol can do that, too. But at least we know what goes into alcohol. Crack is just pure, unadulterated poison. YOu should see the condition of people who come into treatment. They're worse off than the heroin addicts.

New Topics

Forum List

Back