Here Comes the Clinton Sucker Punch

PoliticalChic

Diamond Member
Gold Supporting Member
Oct 6, 2008
Brooklyn, NY
1. 'Former President Bill Clinton tried to get former senator Ted Kennedy to endorse Hillary Clinton for president in the 2008 election by describing Barack Obama this way: "A few years ago, this guy would have been carrying our bags."

This anecdote is revealed in a New Yorker article on the relationship between Bill Clinton and Obama:

Tim Russert told me that, according to his sources, Bill Clinton, in an effort to secure an endorsement for Hillary from Ted Kennedy, said to Kennedy, “A few years ago, this guy would have been carrying our bags.”'
Bill Clinton on Obama: 'A Few Years Ago, This Guy Would Have Been Carrying Our Bags' | The Weekly Standard

2. On top of his personal feelings about Obama, Bill ('the rapist') Clinton would like nothing better than a return trip to the White House...via a Hillary presidency.

So....

3. "Douglas Band, former President Bill Clinton’s top aide, plans to vote for Mitt Romney in November, according to a report in The New Yorker.

In an extensive article on the complicated and often unpleasant relationship between Bill Clinton and President Obama, the New Yorker’s Ryan Lizza reports that Band intends to cast his ballot for the former Massachusetts governor this fall.

“According to two people with direct knowledge, Douglas Band has said that he will vote for Romney,” Lizza writes. “Band declined to comment.”

Lizza explains that Band believes an Obama defeat will bode well for Hillary Clinton’s presidential prospects."
Report: Bill Clinton’s ‘Closest Political Advisor’ Voting For Romney « Pat Dollard

4. Is it an accident that this high-placed apparatchik places this story now?
Is it a way to blunt any effect that Bill's speech at the convention will have on the faithful?Bill giveth...and taketh away....

5. Not only is this a glimpse into the workings of the Clinton 'deus ex machina,' but also shows that the Obama folks know how poorly they are doing: they know who Clinton is, and what he is...but felt that they needed his presence at the convention....

It's over.
All that's left is for the folks who put Obama in office to apologize.

But....Democrat voters....remember this when Hillary asks for your vote.

If Obama was smart, he'd be voting for Romney as well.

It's going to take Romney three terms to clean up the mess he'll be inheriting in 2012

Clearly, the Clintons have no love for the Dear Leader. And i thought it was very cowardly of them to take the Secretary of State deal. It was a sad expression of their insatiable lust for power, any power. But this is some fun entertainment. Stay tuned. :)

Are you seriously reduced to recycling the same lame talking points from the last election?

Are you seriously reduced to recycling the same lame candidate?

Check this out:

Douglas Band
The Honorable Douglas J. Band currently serves as Counselor to President William J. Clinton and is the President of Teneo.
Douglas Band | Teneo Holdings | Teneo

I'd be happy to hear your explanation of this story at this time....

Band off the reservation without Clinton's imprimatur?
Ya' think?

Clearly, the Clintons have no love for the Dear Leader. And i thought it was very cowardly of them to take the Secretary of State deal. It was a sad expression of their insatiable lust for power, any power. But this is some fun entertainment. Stay tuned. :)

I've got your back, paulitician....but it's not " their insatiable lust for power, any power."

Nope!

"After they were criticized for taking $190,000 worth of china, flatware, rugs, televisions, sofas and other gifts with them when they left, the Clintons announced last week that they would pay for $86,000 worth of gifts, or nearly half the amount."
Clintons Return White House Furniture - ABC News

It's the china, flatware, rugs, televisions, sofas, silverware, and other gifts....

Makes ya wonder what Bill's going to say at the convention, you'd think team Obama would be a little nervous about that.

And there's a ton of irony with Bill speaking and then Sandra Fluke with regards to women's rights... :lol:

:rolleyes:

Romney has been running for president for six years so I'd say he is the one being recycled.

(psssstt.....just between us....who ya' votin' for? C'mon...you're too smart to vote for
the empty suit.....again....)

Makes ya wonder what Bill's going to say at the convention, you'd think team Obama would be a little nervous about that.

Newb.....if he slips up and says 'Romney....er, I mean the skinny guy with the ears....'

I might even vote for Hillary in '20!

I've got your back, paulitician....but it's not " their insatiable lust for power, any power."

Nope!

"After they were criticized for taking $190,000 worth of china, flatware, rugs, televisions, sofas and other gifts with them when they left, the Clintons announced last week that they would pay for $86,000 worth of gifts, or nearly half the amount."
Clintons Return White House Furniture - ABC News

It's the china, flatware, rugs, televisions, sofas, silverware, and other gifts....

The Clintons are the most corrupt Politicians in America. They'll do or say anything for power. And ole Slick Willy standing up there spewing a speech of adoration for the Dear Leader is the ultimate example of that. He can't stand the man. It's all lies. But it's politically expedient for him and his wife. It is what it is.

The sucker punch is going to be to Romney's lies about Obama's Welfare waivers. Clinton is going to paint Romney for the lying piece of scum that he is.

Sandy Fluke would have proudly served in the Bill Clinton White House...

under his desk

The sucker punch is going to be to Romney's lies about Obama's Welfare waivers. Clinton is going to paint Romney for the lying piece of scum that he is.

Was Clinton a racist whenever he signed 'Work for Welfare' into law?

Are you seriously reduced to recycling the same lame talking points from the last election?

Are you seriously reduced to recycling the same lame candidate?

Check this out:

Douglas Band
The Honorable Douglas J. Band currently serves as Counselor to President William J. Clinton and is the President of Teneo.
Douglas Band | Teneo Holdings | Teneo

I'd be happy to hear your explanation of this story at this time....

Band off the reservation without Clinton's imprimatur?
Ya' think?
Just another GOP lie parroted by morons who are gullible enough to swallow any rumor.

Top Clinton aide denies report that he plans to vote for Romney - The Hill's Blog Briefing Room

A top aide to former President Clinton denied that he plans to vote against President Obama in November.

Douglas Band, a top adviser to the former president, pushed back on a report in the Sept. 10 issue of The New Yorker that said he planned to vote for Mitt Romney.

"There shouldn’t be any doubt that I will vote for Barack Obama," Band said Tuesday according to The National Memo.

Band added that he had supported Obama since spring 2008, shortly after the Democratic primaries ended.

The National Memo also quoted Democratic National Committee executive director Patrick Gaspard, a former White House aide, saying that Band has been a strong supporter of Obama for some time now.

"There has never been any mystery about Doug Band’s support for President Obama over the past three-and-a-half years," The National Memo quoted Gaspard as saying. "He has helped us in every aspect of our work, from politics and policy to fundraising. Doug is our friend and there is no question about his unwavering support for Barack Obama."

Last edited:

Forum List

Back