Here Comes Obama!

Orange_Juice

Jul 24, 2008
Sorry McCain supporters, you die hard Bushbots, you, but Obama is ready to kick some ass!

Obama Tells Allies He Is Ready to Hit Back - washingtonpost.com

ALBUQUERQUE, Aug. 18 -- Sen. Barack Obama returned to the presidential campaign trail on Monday after a week-long Hawaiian vacation and tried to assure anxious Democrats that he is ready to fight back against Republican character attacks that grew sharper in his absence.

At a town hall meeting here, Obama slammed Sen. John McCain for continuing the politics and policies of President Bush, part of an attempt to tether the presumptive Republican nominee to the unpopular president. In recent days, the campaign and its supporters have also begun portraying the wealthy McCain as too out of touch to represent the common man.

Late last week, the campaign dismissed the rising concerns of Democrats as arm-chair quarterbacking with little understanding of Obama's strategy. By Monday, not even the candidate could let such concerns slide.

"Everywhere I go, people have told me, 'I'm getting nervous. The Republicans, they're so mean. They're going to Swift-boat you. They're doing things to you. What are you going to do?' " Obama said. "I have to just remind people that it is true that, just as John McCain has embraced George Bush's policies, he's embraced his politics. And the same people who brought you George Bush are now trying to package John McCain."

Sorry McCain supporters, you die hard Bushbots, you, but Obama is ready to kick some ass!

Obama Tells Allies He Is Ready to Hit Back - washingtonpost.com

ALBUQUERQUE, Aug. 18 -- Sen. Barack Obama returned to the presidential campaign trail on Monday after a week-long Hawaiian vacation and tried to assure anxious Democrats that he is ready to fight back against Republican character attacks that grew sharper in his absence.

At a town hall meeting here, Obama slammed Sen. John McCain for continuing the politics and policies of President Bush, part of an attempt to tether the presumptive Republican nominee to the unpopular president. In recent days, the campaign and its supporters have also begun portraying the wealthy McCain as too out of touch to represent the common man.

Late last week, the campaign dismissed the rising concerns of Democrats as arm-chair quarterbacking with little understanding of Obama's strategy. By Monday, not even the candidate could let such concerns slide.

"Everywhere I go, people have told me, 'I'm getting nervous. The Republicans, they're so mean. They're going to Swift-boat you. They're doing things to you. What are you going to do?' " Obama said. "I have to just remind people that it is true that, just as John McCain has embraced George Bush's policies, he's embraced his politics. And the same people who brought you George Bush are now trying to package John McCain."

oooooo what a clever zinger !! :lol:

I thought anxious Democrats wanted him to define his policies since change wasn't exactly an issue.

So, this is how he defines his policies? He's not Bush? That will not convince anyone.

I thought anxious Democrats wanted him to define his policies since change wasn't exactly an issue.

So, this is how he defines his policies? He's not Bush? That will not convince anyone.

I still get them mixed up--Obama is the black one, right ? :lol:

He needs to stick to that message, no matter what else he does. It got him in the lead and it will carry him to victory

The gloves were bound to come off at some point. I'm looking forward to a few heated exchanges.:cool:

Yeah, I can't wait until McCain finally feels it's the right time to "remind" the country that Obama isn't white. It's not a matter of if, but when. :cool:

He'll get desperate, just like Clinton did. Only I'm betting the republicans will be a shitload more clever in the way they go about it.

They already are.... why do you think imbeciles are posting and reposting all that Obama is a Muslim garbage when they KNOW that stuff's been discredited.

But the swiftboaters are helping run McCain's campaign. Why would we think it would be any different?

They already are.... why do you think imbeciles are posting and reposting all that Obama is a Muslim garbage when they KNOW that stuff's been discredited.

But the swiftboaters are helping run McCain's campaign. Why would we think it would be any different?

Hey --it's politics. As a Clinton so recently said " if he can't stand the heat he outta stay outta the kitchen ". Do you actually think the Obama campaign is gonig to be speading the truth about McCain ?

Forum List

Back