Here Are The Redacted Copies Of The Comey Memos

I think you are very confused; Comey wrote and shared the memos while still FBI Director, including with the professor friend.

And, by releasing the memos to his professor friend, was there "secret" information in the memo that should not have been released? Is that why Congress recommended a criminal investigation of Comey?
Again, again, AGAIN: Comey crafted a memo to his law professor friend that DID NOT CONTAIN classified info.

Even if you take excerpts from a classified document, those excerpts remain classified regardless of their content until they are declassified by a proper authority. Comey was a civilian, he didn't have the authority to declassify even one word from a classified document.

Trying to explain this to you is as painful as teaching freshman composition to first year college students who only want to get drunk and fuck.

The memo that Comey wrote to his friend WAS NEVER CLASSIFIED. He wrote a different version for his friend than what he wrote to his FBI colleagues. Asking his friend to leak this UNCLASSIFIED memo was therefore NOT UNLAWFUL.

And he used his original memos as the base documents, documents that belonged to the federal government, not him. He not only violated the law but his NDA as well.

They also don't know much about the classified exit debriefing where they signed an NDA... To think Comey had just been through that debriefing prior to his leaking...

I think you are very confused; Comey wrote and shared the memos while still FBI Director, including with the professor friend.

And, by releasing the memos to his professor friend, was there "secret" information in the memo that should not have been released? Is that why Congress recommended a criminal investigation of Comey?
Again, again, AGAIN: Comey crafted a memo to his law professor friend that DID NOT CONTAIN classified info.

Even if you take excerpts from a classified document, those excerpts remain classified regardless of their content until they are declassified by a proper authority. Comey was a civilian, he didn't have the authority to declassify even one word from a classified document.

I find it rather funny how many people do not know that meetings with the POTUS by employees are classified secret from the moment they happen. Thus any contemporaneous notes are classified secret from the git-go.

Comey even possessing them outside his official duties would be a violation of the law until they were declassified. At the time they were sent to the professor they were classified secret. That time line would have to be verified however.

It is going to be truly interesting how this all plays out.

Yep, it's obvious these internet lawyers have never held a security clearance.

Comey knew his notes were classified Secret. There is no excuse for his leaking.

Comey already gave copies to himself under 3 CPA. As a private citizen he gave away copies of his copies. The FBI still retained the originals.

Damn, great exercise in circular logic, it won't go anywhere legally, but funny as hell. Thanks for the laugh.

Which part aren't you able to grasp. We know the FBI retained the Comey memo's since they provided copies of them to congress. So Comey didn't have the originals, he only retained a copy.
I think you’re incorrect; Comey just said last night on Maddow that he hadn’t seen the memos for a long time - I’m pretty sure that’s because he followed FBI rules and left them with the agency.

They keep saying Comey released the memos!

He had nothing to do with the release. Nunes, Gowdy and Goodlatte were threatening Rosenstein, acting Director if he did not turn them over, he did,dumped them. Then Republicans leaked them right away.

Thinking it would help Trump. Instead they proved what Comey was saying,wrote in his book,and testified to Congress.
Are we having a problem with facts?

The memos released were the ones DECALSSIFIED and had followed the proper procedure for that declassification to include the unredacted memos later released..

DbPgUw-VMAAOECr.jpg:large

Thou doeth the math,

Trying to explain this to you is as painful as teaching freshman composition to first year college students who only want to get drunk and fuck.

The memo that Comey wrote to his friend WAS NEVER CLASSIFIED. He wrote a different version for his friend than what he wrote to his FBI colleagues. Asking his friend to leak this UNCLASSIFIED memo was therefore NOT UNLAWFUL.

And he used his original memos as the base documents, documents that belonged to the federal government, not him. He not only violated the law but his NDA as well.

You’re special, aren’t you?

All of youse are a special kind if dumb.

You’re special, aren’t you?

All of youse are a special kind if dumb.

What's wrong "counselor" is your ignorance of security protocol getting you down to the point you have to revert to adhom BS?

You must be feeling a bit inferior about now, cause you're sure acting like it. How about you use all that supposed education you claim to have and come up with a reasonable rebuttal I can't drive trucks through.

I can’t keep banging my head against your brick wall - it’s pearls before swine and life is too short. I used to invest a lot of time trying to educate the Google search ‘lawyers’ of these forums, but I realize now you love to wallow in your own excrement. So do carry on! :113:

I can’t keep banging my head against your brick wall - it’s pearls before swine and life is too short. I used to invest a lot of time trying to educate the Google search ‘lawyers’ of these forums, but I realize now you love to wallow in your own excrement. So do carry on! :113:

Poor thing, just not up to the task, I guess. I've actually held a security clearance, how about you?

Forum List

Back