Here are some rules, have you tried "friends with benefits?"

These rules are not for "friends with benefits". There is nothing that smacks of friendship in these rules.
I've never had a FWB type relationship, but I've known others who have. It more or less seems to me to be a relationship (with the cuddling, sleeping over, ect) that both parties feel is still an open relationship. No commitment.

These rules are for men who want to use women.

Let me apologize for that. When putting this post together, I found there was very little written on FWB. There is a sexist quality to this author, but he did go deeper into the subject than anything else I found. I thought the provocative qualities would bring members into the subject, and it has. However, your point is well taken, please do not be offended.

thought you did great----beats the hell outta which politician is slimier.:clap2:

Boomers huh? Your generation had Woodstock, and now you are Tea Baggers. This is our thing. You are welcome to read, and give it a try if you like. Better yet, why not go listen to your old Fleetwood Mac vinyl!

fleetwoodmacrumours.jpg

Hey man, I'm even younger than you, and think Fleetwood Mac is the shit.

Hippies having sex in the mud at Woodstock was what paved the way for our generations liberal views on sex. Credit where credit's due.

Hippies having sex in the mud at Woodstock was what paved the way for our generations liberal views on sex. Credit where credit's due.

true... and my generation ended up with things like HIV and AIDS and chlamydia and herpes (not me, thankfully) b/c they left out the word 'protected' as an adjective modifying the word sex.

something you guys would do well to remember.

sorry, you can go back to talking about sex now. i'll cede the soapbox. :redface:

Last edited:

true... and my generation ended up with things like HIV and AIDS and chlamydia and herpes (not me, thankfully) b/c they left out the word 'protected' as an adjective modifying the word sex.

sorry, you can go back to talking about sex now. i'll cede the soapbox. :redface:

I think they got that part down too. The feminist dream is nearly complete ! :lol:

heh

NYT just had an article about this.

Study Finds Condom Use Is Increasing - NYTimes.com
The proportion of women who used some form of contraceptive the first time they had premarital sex rose to 84 percent in the survey compared with 55 percent before 1985. Most of the increase came from the growing use of a male condom, used by 72 percent of women at first intercourse compared with 34 percent before 1985.

-cut-

Religious teachings forbidding contraceptives are almost universally ignored in the United States, since 99 percent of women between the ages of 15 and 44 who had sex at least once have used some form of contraception. The most popular method in the United States is the pill, used by 10.7 million women between the ages of 15 and 44, closely followed by sterilization, used by 10.3 million women.

The typical pattern among women is to rely on a male condom at first intercourse, the pill to delay birth and sterilization once a woman has had all the children she wants. Indeed, 54 percent of sexually active teenage women who used contraception chose the pill compared with just 11 percent of women over the age of 40.
We're making progress :eusa_angel:

I think they got that part down too. The feminist dream is nearly complete ! :lol:

The thing that has bothered me about this thread is that there has been a strong implication that men want FWB more than woman. I have already conceded that the author of this article is a sexist. But, I do believe women want sex as much as much as we males. It is my opinion that women have been forced into a role of "hiding behind their fan", and playing coy about sex in the past. I do not believe this is true of women in general or feminists. Women want sex for sex sake just as much as a man. Am I incorrect?

The thing that has bothered me about this thread is that there has been a strong implication that men want FWB more than woman. I have already conceded that the author of this article is a sexist. But, I do believe women want sex as much as much as we males. It is my opinion that women have been forced into a role of "hiding behind their fan", and playing coy about sex in the past. I do not believe this is true of women in general or feminists. Women want sex for sex sake just as much as a man. Am I incorrect?

No----In fact I consider it to be the primary reason the for pro-choice crowd.

No----In fact I consider it to be the primary reason the for pro-choice crowd.

I just got back from my hair stylist in West Covina. I have been with her for six years, and she is a main source of my information about feminism. She happens to be a lesbian, but politically she is right on track with my fiance. I would suggest that any guy who wants to be mainstream these days have some sources of information in the woman's movement.

Anyway, she told me WOMEN ARE MORE AGGRESSIVE SEXUALLY THAN MEN. She said that when she sees something she wants sexually, male or female, she goes after it aggressively.

By the way guys, modern women are using litmus tests. I failed one back when I was in college. I was at a party telling a story about some of my high school buds and simply said, "All the guys were there with their appropriate girls." Clue, fellows, there are three things wrong with that sentence that caused me to fail that litmus test. If you are interested in modern women, it does not hurt to have the NOW web site in your Favorites.

These rules are not for "friends with benefits". There is nothing that smacks of friendship in these rules.
I've never had a FWB type relationship, but I've known others who have. It more or less seems to me to be a relationship (with the cuddling, sleeping over, ect) that both parties feel is still an open relationship. No commitment.

These rules are for men who want to use women.

Let me apologize for that. When putting this post together, I found there was very little written on FWB. There is a sexist quality to this author, but he did go deeper into the subject than anything else I found. I thought the provocative qualities would bring members into the subject, and it has. However, your point is well taken, please do not be offended.

I'm not offended at all. :) And I did realize that you are not the author. My intent was merely to give my opinion that what the author is describing is not a FWB relationship. It says the author is some kind of relationship expert, but I am very doubtful. These rules are more suited to having 1, 2 and 3 night stands with women you don't care about in the least. Not friends.
But I appreciate your concern. :)

Yes, woman want sex just as much as men. BUT (and this is purely my own opinion as I wouldn't dare speak for all women) I think that women do have a harder time separating sex from love and we know this. So it's riskier for us. I'm not even going to go into the whole concern about pregnancy issues.
There are chemicals released in the brain during intercourse to create bonding and intimacy between the man and women. Somehow it seems that women have a greater sensitivity to them.

It's the answer to the question: "Dude, why did she turn all psycho all of a sudden?"
Well, you thought you were just having a good time and she had the babies' names picked out and what she was going to plant along the border of the white picket fence.

Wow. Rules to decieve yourself and your partner with while using her for your own personal gratification.

And you wonder why women have a low opinion of men nowadays.

I dont know about your experiences but Ive found that women enjoy sex as much as I do. And I can honestly say ive never respected any woman who would let me pick her up at a bar, party, or where ever and have sex with me before getting to know me.

Physical intimacy without emotional intimacy is meaningless.

Humans are not loud fleshlights.

And I can honestly say ive never respected any woman who would let me pick her up at a bar, party, or where ever and have sex with me before getting to know me.
Hint: Women tend not to respect men who fuck on the first date, either...

Last edited:

Forum List

Back