~Her Angel Day~

Discussion in 'Current Events' started by Dabs, Nov 13, 2011.

1. Dabs

Dabs ~Unpredictable~

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +1,398
    6 years ago, on November 14, 2005....I lost my best friend, my Mother, to cancer.
    I call that date her "Angel Day" because to me, anniversary sounds celebratory, and I don't wish to use that as a term for my Mother passing away. Angel Day is perfect, for she is an Angel now, watching over me!
    My Mother was one of a kind, we shared such a special bond.....she loved me unconditionally, never found fault with me for anything......always stood beside me, and she could tell if something was bothering me, from the minute I walked into the room.
    We never had a fuss...none. Even my Dad mentioned that when she passed away.
    We just got along so well.......people were envious of our relationship.
    I adore my Mother, she taught me all the good I know......I miss her smile when I walked into her living room, how she would always get up to greet me (oxygen tubes trailing along)....just to give me a big ole hug and kiss.
    I can close my eyes and see her smile, and even at times, I smellher scent- the perfume she wore.
    This date, plus Mother's Day and her birthday, are so difficult for me to get thru.
    I try very hard to not let it consume my every thought, but it's no use. I can remember every little detail of what I was doing on this date, 6 years ago.
    I recall feeling like a zombie, but I remember, all to well.
    My Mother left me too soon. I would give anything to have had her living for a while longer. I have had a bad day all day, complete with headache, and I know why. It's because in the back of my mind, I knew this date was fast approaching....and here it is.
    I have this huge hole in my heart, that seems to never fill.
    But this too shall pass....every year it always does. I have talked to doctors about this, and they told me some people just can't accept or 'get over' a terrible loss in their lives, especially when that someone is so close.
    She was only 66 when she left me........I just wish to say, I miss you Mother and I'm loving you always *smiles*

• Thank You! Thank You! x 1
    Last edited: Nov 13, 2011
  2. Mr. H.

Mr. H. Diamond Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +15,387
    That's very poignant.
    66 that's a very young age these days.
    I lost my mom when she was 67. I was 33 at the time.

3. DDU

DDU BANNED

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +1
    Like.

4. Dabs

Dabs ~Unpredictable~

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +1,398
    Somebody gives a LIKE to my post and the next thing I know, he's fucking banned...wow! ~LoL~
    Oh well.....Thank you to those with their nice PMs and such :)

5. strollingbones

strollingbones Diamond Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +31,870
    a mother's love is a wonderful thing

• Thank You! Thank You! x 1