Henry Ford, antisemitism, and the American Right

For the Left it's mostly about hating Conservatives. Conservatives tend to back Israel therefore they've expanded their hate to include Jews/Israel. If you notice,most on the Left do not take the same hostile & hateful approach towards Muslims. In fact they take the complete opposite approach towards Muslims. But why do they do this? It's a matter of mutually aspired goals for the Left & Muslims. The Left sees the Muslims as also being hostile towards Christians & Jews. Therefore they tend to gravitate towards them. I know it's weird but it is the case.

I'm still trying to figure out how the democrat party pushed their racism from the party's mainstream to the lunatic racist fringe. Al Gore's father, senator Al Gore was a segregationist. Democrat senator Harry Byrd who died last year was some sort of grand kleagle in the KKK and used the "N" word in public during his entire career.

I'm not sure there is still a racist fringe on the Left -- given that the Civil Rights Movement chased them all into the arms of the Right.

I've always wondered if FDR got in bed with the devil to pass the New Deal in the same way Goldwater, Nixon, and Wallace used the Southern Strategy to bring the conservatives out of their postwar wilderness.

Do you understand the complex ways antisemitism grew out of Christian European Culture? [And no, I'm no suggesting Christianity is responsible for the Holocaust, only trying to point out the Church's deep history of antisemitism and the ways in which in contributed to a kind of mainstream European antisemitism. Certainly the party of religion in the USA was not immune to this. Antisemitism thrived in America until the 60s social movements started institutionalizing tolerance]

Whether you are sure about it is not the issue. Democrat Senator Harry Byrd was a racist until the day he died.
wow.....great examples (of that) you provided, there.....

:rolleyes:

Dig up the cartoons in the mostly democrat leaning newspapers regarding the first Black secretary of state. They were unapologetically racist. The attacks on Justice Thomas might be political but the hard core liberal racists can't resist using racial epithets to ridicule him.
....Except you forgot what all those racial epithets were....and, where/when they were used....right?

Wankin.gif

For the Left it's mostly about hating Conservatives. Conservatives tend to back Israel therefore they've expanded their hate to include Jews/Israel. If you notice,most on the Left do not take the same hostile & hateful approach towards Muslims. In fact they take the complete opposite approach towards Muslims. But why do they do this? It's a matter of mutually aspired goals for the Left & Muslims. The Left sees the Muslims as also being hostile towards Christians & Jews. Therefore they tend to gravitate towards them. I know it's weird but it is the case.

Most modern American Jews are left of center politically, LibocalypseNow. Are they also anti-semites? As for your conspiracy theory about liberals and Muslims wanting to cooperate to oppress christans and Jews.....tinfoil hat territory, buddy. You may want to get your meds adjusted.

Most modern American Jews are left of center politically, LibocalypseNow. Are they also anti-semites? As for your conspiracy theory about liberals and Muslims wanting to cooperate to oppress christans and Jews.....tinfoil hat territory, buddy. You may want to get your meds adjusted.

It's not a Conspiracy. It's reality. The Left is very hostile towards Christians & Jews. They do not express this same hostility towards Muslims. In fact they express the exact opposite. But why would Leftist Atheists be so friendly with Muslims? Mutually aspired goals is the answer. The Left enjoys hurting Christians & Jews and they see supporting Islam as a way of doing that. You really should check out David Horowitz's book 'Unholy Alliance.' He lays it all out fantastically. It's not just a Conspiracy Theory.

It's not a Conspiracy. It's reality. The Left is very hostile towards Christians & Jews. They do not express this same hostility towards Muslims. In fact they express the exact opposite. But why would Leftist Atheists be so friendly with Muslims? Mutually aspired goals is the answer. The Left enjoys hurting Christians & Jews and they see supporting Islam as a way of doing that. You really should check out David Horowitz's book 'Unholy Alliance.' He lays it all out fantastically. It's not just a Conspiracy Theory.

Hey genius, I am a liberal. I think if such a wide-ranging conspiracy existed, I'd hear about it before you did.

And in case you had not noticed, the Op concerns anti-semetism in the 1920's, not 2011.

Hey genius, I am a liberal. I think if such a wide-ranging conspiracy existed, I'd hear about it before you did.

And in case you had not noticed, the Op concerns anti-semetism in the 1920's, not 2011.

The Op is also discussing the fact the Right does not express Anti-Semitic/Anti-Israel sentiment anymore. That practice now belongs to the American & European Left. I added that part though. :)

LibocalypseNow wrote:

The Op is also discussing the fact the Right does not express Anti-Semitic/Anti-Israel sentiment anymore. That practice now belongs to the American & European Left. I added that part though.

With fuck-all to back up your claim, I noticed. IMO, the US has far, far less anti-semetism anywhere than it did in the 1920's. It ain't altogether gone, but where it appears, it is not at all associated with liberals.

I'm still trying to figure out how the democrat party pushed their racism from the party's mainstream to the lunatic racist fringe. Al Gore's father, senator Al Gore was a segregationist. Democrat senator Harry Byrd who died last year was some sort of grand kleagle in the KKK and used the "N" word in public during his entire career.
Check your premise....It's still a part of the mainstream.

Check in on their attitudes toward people like Clarence Thomas and J.C. Watts to get your reality check.

Oh the left loves their minorities.... till they stray from the plantation... then they are summarily hobbled.

LibocalypseNow wrote:

The Op is also discussing the fact the Right does not express Anti-Semitic/Anti-Israel sentiment anymore. That practice now belongs to the American & European Left. I added that part though.

With fuck-all to back up your claim, I noticed. IMO, the US has far, far less anti-semetism anywhere than it did in the 1920's. It ain't altogether gone, but where it appears, it is not at all associated with liberals.

:lol::lol:

Take Sarah Palin, have her start espousing a redistributionist agenda, she'd be the darling of the left.

Oh... the brilliance of Sarah Palin.

I'm not sure there is still a racist fringe on the Left -- given that the Civil Rights Movement chased them all into the arms of the Right.

I've always wondered if FDR got in bed with the devil to pass the New Deal in the same way Goldwater, Nixon, and Wallace used the Southern Strategy to bring the conservatives out of their postwar wilderness.

Do you understand the complex ways antisemitism grew out of Christian European Culture? [And no, I'm no suggesting Christianity is responsible for the Holocaust, only trying to point out the Church's deep history of antisemitism and the ways in which in contributed to a kind of mainstream European antisemitism. Certainly the party of religion in the USA was not immune to this. Antisemitism thrived in America until the 60s social movements started institutionalizing tolerance]

Whether you are sure about it is not the issue. Democrat Senator Harry Byrd was a racist until the day he died.

Without a doubt.

Dig up the cartoons in the mostly democrat leaning newspapers regarding the first Black secretary of state. They were unapologetically racist.

NY Times, San Fransisco Chronicle, WaPo....YOU show us any "racist cartoons" of Colin Powell. I smell bullshit here, myself.

The attacks on Justice Thomas might be political but the hard core liberal racists can't resist using racial epithets to ridicule him.

Again, smells like bullshit. Let's see you back this up.

It's ingrained in the democrat party. As far as overt anti-semitism goes today, it is almost entirely on the left side of the political spectrum.

Example?

Since the democrat party is left of center it is reasonable to assume that anti-semitism percolates within the party.

Ah, imputing bad motives. With no evidence...gotcha.

Go ahead and cherry pick fifty year old alleged antisemite statements on the right. It's easy to see that it is an Alinsky type tactic generated to camouflage the left's support of the muslem brotherhood's rise to power in the mid-east.

WTF is this Alinsky guy? Whether it has any bearing on the Revolution in Egypt, the facts about Henry Ford are there for anyone to see. And 1920 was ninety one years ago, not fifty. Yanno, in case we would want to be somewhat precise and all.

Who is this Alinsky guy? Come on Maddie, don't be coy. Lefties have been following Alinsky's "rules for radicals" since the 60's.

Here's the deal, if you go after Henry Ford it's reasonable to discuss whether Joe Kennedy was a Nazi supporter before the US entered WW2. Londoner should remember that Joe Kennedy tried to tell the Brits what a good guy Hitler was while he was ambassador to (whatever it is ) the court of st james.

Here's the deal, if you go after Henry Ford it's reasonable to discuss whether Joe Kennedy was a Nazi supporter before the US entered WW2. Londoner should remember that Joe Kennedy tried to tell the Brits what a good guy Hitler was while he was ambassador to (whatever it is ) the court of st james.

Henry Ford's beliefs are in the public record. Joe Kennedy's are not, not so much. Both men may well have been equally anti-semetic but it is not fair to reason that anyone who was a WWII isolationist was anti-semetic. People really did not know, here in the US, in the mid to late 1930's how bad it was in Germany.

Forum List

Back