Hendrix

BDBoop

Platinum Member
Jul 20, 2011
Don't harsh my zen, Jen!
Talk about perspective...

hendrix.jpg

• Banned
Hendrix is seriously - I don't know what's up with that. But his music is like an aphrodisiac. You don't even need a drink or toke, you just wind up feeling a minor buzz and user friendly.

Or is that just me. >.>

I would give my eye tooth to have been there when Hendrix first met Roger Daltry of the Who.
Daltry was an ass, always was - at the time the Who were giants among midgets.
Daltry was furious that Hendrix was in line to play after the Who, giving Hendrix top billing.
They changed it, Hendrix found out of course and went to see Daltry and told him to either change it back or he will play like he has never played before and whip the crowd into a frenzy and walk off the stage.
They changed it back.
In the end, Hendrix for the first time set his guitar on fire mimicking and upstaging Pete Townsend.

Last edited:
  • Banned
I would give my eye tooth to have been there when Hendrix first met Roger Daltry of the Who.
Daltry was furious that Hendrix was in line to play after the Who, giving Hendrix top billing.
They changed it, Hendrix found out of course and went to see Daltry and told him to either change it back or he will play like he has never played before and whip the crowd into a frenzy and walk off the stage.
They changed it back.
In the end, Hendrix for the first time set his guitar on fire mimicking and upstaging Pete Townsend.

You deserve rep for that share. :) I'll hitcha when I'm topped off.

one of my favorite Hendrix tunes... with one of my favorite Hendrix videos...

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5RQCzKE0tws]Jimi Hendrix - Voodoo Child - YouTube[/ame]

'nother favorite Hendrix tune...

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lK92W2RzbjE]Vietnam War ( Machine Gun - Jimi Hendrix ) - YouTube[/ame]

There's an APP for that

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ip78x6r5aF8]Digitech Jimi Hendrix Guitar expression pedal - YouTube[/ame]

They changed it back.

Eric Clapton had a nervous breakdown after hearing him play.

At that time, Clapton really believed he was the best guitarist in the world, and it was a very rude awakening for him.

meh... I coulda seen Hendrix perform live in concert, but passed on the opportunity...

friend of mine who worked part-time at the local radio station borrowed my copy of "Are You Experienced" to make a promo tape for a Hendrix concert in New Orleans...

after he gave me the album back, I took it home and put it on the turntable... and discovered he'd completely fucked up a coupla tracks... I called him up and chewed him out for fuckin' up the album, and even more for being too chickenshit to straight-out tell me he'd done it when he returned the album to me...

he offered me a coupla comp tickets to make up for it... but I was so pissed I told him to stick the tickets where the sun don't shine...

I've regretted it ever since...

You can even stick Bieber's name on the bottom of the picture, and people still won't talk about him.

That pretty much says it all in a nutshell.

Forum List

Back