Help

Said1 said:
WHY does my five month old dog hump everything? Seriously, this is NO joke. It's VERY embarrassing and he's not fussy either. :laugh:

Because you forgot to get him neutered? :D

Said1 said:
I thought he was too young. Just did a search, guess where he's going.....soon. :D

It used to be the norm was right around the age of 1 year.. Now it's around the 6 month mark.. apparently, doggies are maturing MUCH faster than they used to. :D

Shattered said:
It used to be the norm was right around the age of 1 year.. Now it's around the 6 month mark.. apparently, doggies are maturing MUCH faster than they used to. :D

Must be all the video games he plays and rap music he he blasts in his room. :bat:

Said1 said:
Must be all the video games he plays and rap music he he blasts in his room. :bat:

No shit.. Dogs, these days...where are their parents??

Shattered said:

Must be society! :laugh:
But the same holds true for cats, usually six months is best

Said1 said:

He must be so cute, I love Beagles. Your just going to have to be a stricter mommy!! :p:

Bonnie said:
Must be society! :laugh:
But the same holds true for cats, usually six months is best

Mine were both done right around the 1 year mark.. but that was 7.5 years ago, and 10 years ago...that's what was recommended back then.. Never did dig around and see why they changed it..or why it wasn't 6 months from the beginning...

This is Jay with his "baby", his first love. :D

jay001.jpg

Soooo cute.....

My neighbor is a vet. I asked her last night about neutering dogs and ages, etc.

She said 6 months is become more the norm now. She, herself, won't do them before 6 months but if someone comes in at the 6 month point - then she will.

She also said that this is the most likey reason for your dogs behaviour. Of course, no theory is 100%, but her experience is that neutering solves the problem about 80 percent of the time. If your dog should fall into the other 20 percent, a rolled up newspaper will work well too.

Oh...popping the dog on the nose or rear...not giving it to the dog to hump.

:teeth:

Ha ha ha ha....I just kill myself sometimes...ha ha ha ha.....

Said1 said:
This is Jay with his "baby", his first love. :D

jay001.jpg

OMG, those eyes would do me in! He's so cute! I think it's sweet he has a 'friend.' Off to doc goes happy puppy!

GotZoom said:
Soooo cute.....

My neighbor is a vet. I asked her last night about neutering dogs and ages, etc.

She said 6 months is become more the norm now. She, herself, won't do them before 6 months but if someone comes in at the 6 month point - then she will.

She also said that this is the most likey reason for your dogs behaviour. Of course, no theory is 100%, but her experience is that neutering solves the problem about 80 percent of the time. If your dog should fall into the other 20 percent, a rolled up newspaper will work well too.

Oh...popping the dog on the nose or rear...not giving it to the dog to hump.

:teeth:

Ha ha ha ha....I just kill myself sometimes...ha ha ha ha.....

He needs to be "fixed"? I'll probably do that in a month or two, for now, all he needs is his "baby".

Yeah, I kill me too! :rotflmao:

Kathianne said:
OMG, those eyes would do me in! He's so cute! I think it's sweet he has a 'friend.' Off to doc goes happy puppy!

You might not find it so sweet when a four year old says "Tracy, he's humping the baby" at the top of her lungs. I have neighbours. :D

Said1 said:
You might not find it so sweet when a four year old says "Tracy, he's humping the baby" at the top of her lungs. I have neighbours. :D

Oh, that would be a bit *ahem* embarrassing! :funnyface

Forum List

Back