Help With Windows Live Mail

Kittymom1026

Gold Member
May 17, 2018
I realize that it's gone for downloading but I still get my mail via it and am now having a problem with my contacts folder. There are several that I would like to delete but when I try to get into that folder, it won't let me. It turns my screen an kind of hazy white and almost locks up my computer. I know if I uninstall it I will never get it back again and I have many folders that I use a lot and don't want to lose. I also like the fact that it shows the new messages and new messages from contacts separately.

Does anyone know a solution to this problem?

Thanks in advance.

Was that part of the old Windows Essentials? I saw it recently. You can download that somewhere, but I don't recall the location. Might have even been at the Microsoft site.

If you dig a bit you might find Essentials, then re-install the program.

Was that part of the old Windows Essentials? I saw it recently. You can download that somewhere, but I don't recall the location. Might have even been at the Microsoft site.

If you dig a bit you might find Essentials, then re-install the program.
Thanks, I'll give it a shot!

I realize that it's gone for downloading but I still get my mail via it and am now having a problem with my contacts folder. There are several that I would like to delete but when I try to get into that folder, it won't let me. It turns my screen an kind of hazy white and almost locks up my computer. I know if I uninstall it I will never get it back again and I have many folders that I use a lot and don't want to lose. I also like the fact that it shows the new messages and new messages from contacts separately.

Thanks in advance.
You could always export your Live Mail to Outlook, Gmail or pretty much and email client your choose to use.

https://support.microsoft.com/en-us...l-email-contacts-and-calendar-data-to-outlook

Transfer contacts / emails from Windows Live mail to Gmail?

Thanks in advance.
You could always export your Live Mail to Outlook, Gmail or pretty much and email client your choose to use.

https://support.microsoft.com/en-us...l-email-contacts-and-calendar-data-to-outlook

My good friend had to get a new computer and couldn't download Windows Live Mail, but our tech guy installed Outlook Express for her. Is that the same thing as Outlook?

Thanks in advance.

My good friend had to get a new computer and couldn't download Windows Live Mail, but our tech guy installed Outlook Express for her. Is that the same thing as Outlook?
Outlook Express is no more, Outlook is Microsoft's primary web based service which includes access to Office 365, Hotmail, Live Mail, MSN Mail, Outlook.com etc. Live Mail hasn't been updated since 2010 and will never be, eventually it probably just won't work.

Outlook.com - Microsoft free personal email

Thanks in advance.

Outlook Express is no more, Outlook is Microsoft's primary web based service which includes access to Office 365, Hotmail, Live Mail, MSN Mail, Outlook.com etc. Live Mail hasn't been updated since 2010 and will never be, eventually it probably just won't work.

Guess it's gone too like Windows Mail. Thanks for the link, I will check it out.

Thanks in advance.

Guess it's gone too like Windows Mail. Thanks for the link, I will check it out.
A lot of people would think I'm crazy but I use Gmail, it works for me. I opt out of all advertising.

Gmail - Free Storage and Email from Google

Thanks in advance.

A lot of people would think I'm crazy but I use Gmail, it works for me. I opt out of all advertising.

I also have a Gmail account but my main email is with Windstream and has been for years. Windstream has a mail server, but it is not the format I like, as in Gmail. Neither is Gmail. I will just keep trying to remove contacts from Windows and hope for the best I guess.

I also have a Gmail account but my main email is with Windstream and has been for years. Windstream has a mail server, but it is not the format I like, as in Gmail. Neither is Gmail. I will just keep trying to remove contacts from Windows and hope for the best I guess.
Use what you like the best that works for you, that's why there's so many different choices. :thup:
BTW, I've never heard of Windstream. Local internet service provider?

Use what you like the best that works for you, that's why there's so many different choices. :thup:
BTW, I've never heard of Windstream. Local internet service provider?
Yes, it's a phone company in the Carolinas and also provides internet service.

Thanks in advance.

:cuckoo:

I closed my Google account. They track everything.

When did I? Oh yeah, when I searched for something on my computer, then my phone got a crapton of ads beamed to it.

Wiped phone and computer. No more Google.

When did I? Oh yeah, when I searched for something on my computer, then my phone got a crapton of ads beamed to it.

Never had any of those problems but I also don't link my Google account on my phone. I have no need or desire to get e-mails on my phone therefore I don't get ads.

For some reason, some of the groups I belong to won't accept my Windstream email address as a valid one so I have to give then my Gmail address.

I could use Google on this setup, but I don't. As long as you don't sign into Google on the phone, you're ok.

Nevermind that they try to push you into doing that 9 ways to Sunday.

I could use Google on this setup, but I don't. As long as you don't sign into Google on the phone, you're ok.

I rarely use my phone anyway and I always opt out of all advertising even with Microsuxz (on the couple of machines that still have it). I also log out of Google on the computer as soon as I'm done using it.

I rarely use my phone anyway and I always opt out of all advertising even with Microsuxz (on the couple of machines that still have it). I also log out of Google on the computer as soon as I'm done using it.

Me too. Clear cookies, too.

Some people have no clue how all this stuff works. I have an inkling. :rolleyes:

I don't use my phone either but I think I have my Windstream email on it. I also have it on my tablet. I use a regular desktop unless I'm not home, then I mainly take my tablet to read one of the books I have on it. My desktop has Windows 7 on it and that's what I prefer.

I don't use my phone either but I think I have my Windstream email on it. I also have it on my tablet. I use a regular desktop unless I'm not home, then I mainly take my tablet to read one of the books I have on it. My desktop has Windows 7 on it and that's what I prefer.

Hit the windows(left of alt)+r key and type in "Services.msc", then disable Windows update unless you want to get taken for a train ride to Windows 10.

New Topics

Forum List

Back