Help with Internet Exploder..er Explorer

dmp

May 12, 2004
Enterprise, Alabama
Our Network Nazis hijacked our home page, when we go to re-set said home page under tools, internet options, the fields for 'use current', etc are greyed out - is there a hot key, etc I can use to change it?

:)

if they did this with a group policy, theres very little you can do about it as it will just reset itself everytime you log on. the only thing that comes to mind is editing the registry, but group policy will probably have that blocked also.

can you log in locally?

log in locally? I log into my machine every day upon start up. Jeff was saying he just set a short cut to the page he WANTS as his home page on his desk top, then clicks there to get to the net. I like that...in principle - I just would love to find another way around it.

what I mean by locally, is that you have two ways of logging on to the computer. Either by the domain where your user ID exists on the server and you can log in to any machine in your office, or locally which means that only YOU can log on to the computer and nobody else. The name of the domain or local machine name shows up at the login screen.

SmarterThanYou said:
what I mean by locally, is that you have two ways of logging on to the computer. Either by the domain where your user ID exists on the server and you can log in to any machine in your office, or locally which means that only YOU can log on to the computer and nobody else. The name of the domain or local machine name shows up at the login screen.

In order to login locally you need to have local Admin capability. If I were setting up the network you would not have this and would be prohibited from logging in locally.

If you want to get around it, download a different browser and use that one for surfing. Use their browser for whatever you need for work.

-=d=- said:
Our Network Nazis hijacked our home page, when we go to re-set said home page under tools, internet options, the fields for 'use current', etc are greyed out - is there a hot key, etc I can use to change it?

:)

Our IT guy said that you could change the registry... but they run a script every morning that changes the registry back, if it was altered.

So my bookmark option is about it, I think.

1- Add a security feature to block the registry from being edited, you'll probably receive an error upon logging in about a particular .pol file not being able to be executed. Of course you still have to figure out how to change the homepage.

2- Jeff's idea is the fastest and easiest, but if it were me I would still be determined to fix it. :)

3- Install Firefox! IE sucks anyway

Personally, I would go with #3

Forum List

Back