Help with chainsaw! Stihl or Husqvarna?

My electric uses 120v AC. No batteries. Just an extension cord.

I hate corded power tools!
And with ten acres I'd have to drag around the Honda Generator and a can of gas anyway.
I do however like the simplicity of an electric chainsaw. As long as you have a power source and some chain and bar oil you're good to go.
I can pretty much guarantee none of my gas saws would fire right up if I were to try right now.
They'd need the carb cleaned at the very least.

I also have an ancient Sears brand electric chainsaw that works great except the bar chain oil feed is not wanting to cooperate anymore.

I also have an ancient Sears brand electric chainsaw that works great except the bar chain oil feed is not wanting to cooperate anymore.

Well take it apart and fix it.
If not keep a squirt can of oil on hand.
I did take it apart, clean it reem it(yeah I know) and it is still slow so I just have and old oil squirt can from the 195's I use.. I have been using rechargeable reciprocating saws so I don't have to sharpen the chainsaw..

I did take it apart, clean it reem it(yeah I know) and it is still slow so I just have and old oil squirt can from the 195's I use.. I have been using rechargeable reciprocating saws so I don't have to sharpen the chainsaw..

Ya lazy bastard.
Ya can sharpen a chainsaw in 20 minutes with a dremel.

Ya lazy bastard.
Dremels are for floating horse teeth for a bridle.

Ya lazy bastard.
Dremels are for floating horse teeth for a bridle.

The Dremel is the handiest tool in the house.
From trimming the dogs nails to cutting off the wife's wedding ring.

And with ten acres I'd have to drag around the Honda Generator and a can of gas anyway.
I do however like the simplicity of an electric chainsaw. As long as you have a power source and some chain and bar oil you're good to go.
I can pretty much guarantee none of my gas saws would fire right up if I were to try right now.
I have the kobalt weedeater so the batteries are interchangeable. I also have the left over from the now dead electric saw and bought an extra battery so I now have 4 batteries. I go through all 4 on the trimmer sometimes if I am doing everything all at same time, but not on the chainsaw.

I have the kobalt weedeater so the batteries are interchangeable. I also have the left over from the now dead electric saw and bought an extra battery so I now have 4 batteries. I go through all 4 on the trimmer sometimes if I am doing everything all at same time, but not on the chainsaw.

The Ryobi I just got says it'll make 40 cuts on a twelve inch log.
Thats enough to last the summer at the very least after splitting.

Dont do my own lawn these days so it's all about prepping BBQ wood.

Forum List

Back