Help with becoming a gold member

Good. It's easy to do just following the prompts

I donated money, and wanted to at least be a silver member... but nothing happened. :mad:

seriously??? if you donated for the server that is not the same as supporting member...

From the link:
For members that do NOT wish to use PayPal and want to become a Supporting Member you may also send a check or money order to: Forum Foundry Inc. PO Box 3503, Cedar Park, TX 78630. Please include the forum you are supporting (USMB) and username on the check or money order.

Not a problem with using pay pal but how do you do it? :lol: you have to remember I just got out of dial up when I moved to our new house. Think the Flintstones when you are talking to me.
Hey Wilma!! Betty here! Me too! :lol:

You can't do it straight paypal cuz if you do, usmb has it set that it will take donations every year..or was it every month?...that the amount was set for. It has to be done another way but like I said..I forgot what CK said was the method to make sure that doesn't happen. Talk to a mod. They can steer you correctly.

It does not auto charge me every year. I have to go in and pay again.
Maybe they changed it since then? Its been awhile, and that was when CK was here so....wasn't sure. Which is why I paged you guys. :)

They may have changed it. It now says that it isn't a recurring charge.

I donated money, and wanted to at least be a silver member... but nothing happened. :mad:

seriously??? if you donated for the server that is not the same as supporting member...

Really? It's not? I did donate, but I donated $5 then saw if I donated $10 I could get silver membership... but then no one could answer my question of how to go about doing it and getting credit for it.

Speaking of paypal..I was a member of their services long LONG ago. Before ebay bought them..after ebay bought them...and then when they branched out on their own when ebay dumped them. Anyone remember PaypalDamon? He used to post on the ebay boards. (Before ebay bought them).

You can't do it straight paypal cuz if you do, usmb has it set that it will take donations every year..or was it every month?...that the amount was set for. It has to be done another way but like I said..I forgot what CK said was the method to make sure that doesn't happen. Talk to a mod. They can steer you correctly.

Maybe they changed it since then? Its been awhile, and that was when CK was here so....wasn't sure. Which is why I paged you guys. :)

On Paypal if you are ever charged yearly there is a link I can show you to stop that from happening. I have used PP for over 10 years for my ebay store. You can trust them.
Just get verified to protect your account..

They may have changed it. It now says that it isn't a recurring charge.

Easy as pie on paypal to stop any recurring payments,,once she signs up.

How can I cancel a recurring payment on PayPal?
Please follow the steps below to cancel a PayPal subscription:
  1. Log in to your PayPal account at www.paypal.com.
  2. Click the Settings icon next to "Log out."
  3. Select Preapproved Payments under "Payment settings."
  4. Select the merchant whose agreement you want to cancel...
  5. ...and click the Cancel Subscription button.

On Paypal if you are ever charged yearly there is a link I can show you to stop that from happening. I have used PP for over 10 years for my ebay store. You can trust them.

You can trust them NOW. Before...not so much. They would hold ALL your money if just one ebay customer complained item was not as described. So instead of withholding just that amount for the item, they would freeze ALL your money. Until they got sued. That put a whoa to that REAL fast. :D

I don't have paypal any more. Then again, I don't sell online anymore either so no use for them.

I have used PP for over 10 years for my ebay store. You can trust them.

What do you sell on the bay? I'm making a thousand percent profit buying and restoring/rebuilding antique/vintage watches just as a hobby. Ebay is awesome easy money.

Agreed on accout verification. It lifts the spending/receiving limits. Good advice.

Last edited:

You can trust them NOW. Before...not so much. They would hold ALL your money if just one ebay customer complained item was not as described. So instead of withholding just that amount for the item, they would freeze ALL your money. Until they got sued. That put a whoa to that REAL fast. :D

I don't have paypal any more. Then again, I don't sell online anymore either so no use for them.

We gotta get Gracie selling again..you love it just as much as I do..( The Old vintage stuff )

We gotta get Gracie selling again..you love it just as much as I do..( The Old vintage stuff )

I am an eBay poacher. I simply look for the lowest absolutely best deals I can get, and if I lose out, I won't over pay. I've picked up some killer comics lately, and tons of authentic autographed UFC stuff.

paypal is pretty easy use. And safe. Just create a pp account and link your bank acccount to it. You can transfer money from your bank to and from your pp account. It does it automatically if you need to pay for something via pp.

Youtube has lots of tutorials if you want to check it out.

If you use pp I'd recommend to add the paypal app to your phone, too. It's very convenient.
I used to use paypal to pay for my clove cigarettes from Indonesia and somebody ended up trying to use my account to buy stuff in NYC.
It's not very secure.

What do you sell on the bay? I'm making a thousand percent profit buying and restoring/rebuildimg antique/vintage watches just as a hobby. Ebay is awesome easy money.

Agreed on accout verification. It lifts the spending/receiving limits. Good advice.

Well you will crack up...I buy and restore old vintage antique 1940's Nightgowns..I have been lazy and need to relist, I hate relisting..I have closets full...lol

140.jpg
140.jpg
140.jpg

paypal is pretty easy use. And safe. Just create a pp account and link your bank acccount to it. You can transfer money from your bank to and from your pp account. It does it automatically if you need to pay for something via pp.

Youtube has lots of tutorials if you want to check it out.

If you use pp I'd recommend to add the paypal app to your phone, too. It's very convenient.
I used to use paypal to pay for my clove cigarettes from Indonesia and somebody ended up trying to use my account to by stuff in NYC.
It's not very secure.

You can fight a charge on Paypal and they can and will fix it in short time. Now you can even refute sells on eBay and other sources if the product wasn't up to snuff, and because Paypal is so widely excepted and important, companies will comply because they don't want to get a bad rating with Paypal and lose their accounts.

I am an eBay poacher. I simply look for the lowest absolutely best deals I can get, and if I lose out, I won't over pay. I've picked up some killer comics lately, and tons of authentic autographed UFC stuff.

Do you buy from China...a couple of times I needed something fast/cheap and realized I bought it from China. It took 3 weeks...Blah...

What do you sell on the bay? I'm making a thousand percent profit buying and restoring/rebuilding antique/vintage watches just as a hobby. Ebay is awesome easy money.

Awesome for you! Wow you have a talent.. I love to see old things work again.

Forum List

Back