Help With a Title

longknife

Diamond Member
Sep 21, 2012
Sin City
Now that the rights to my Father Serra’s Legacy has returned to me, I am going to republish them on Amazon.com.

I’ve already decided on a new title for Book One, changing from The Carpenter and the Sailor to The Englishman and The Majican (Indian?)

So, it’s now time to look at a new title for Book Two, The King’s Highway.

It is actually about exploring and laying out the route to be known as The King’s Highway. Exploration plays the biggest past of it.

Laying Out The King’s Highway is closer to describing the novel but Laying Out doesn’t feel right to me. So, how about Establishing The King’s Highway? Or Mapping Out The King’s Highway?

Here’s the long book description dreamed up by my previous publisher:

Timothy Beadle and Jaime the Cahita followed their beloved Father President Serra through the wastelands of Baja California. At his behest, they join Governor Portolá and Father Crespí north to explore the unknown lands of Upper California. Led by the stalwart Sergeant Ortega, the band encounters many obstacles but finally reach the place where Mission San Francisco de Asís will someday stand. Over the next 15 years, they toil to help Father President Serra establish nine missions and watch as the governors establish three military garrisons designed to hold back possible intrusion by Russian fur traders. They settle in the Carmel Valley and raise families while still doing everything possible to reach Father President Serra's goal of bringing The Word of God to the Native Americans he and his brother friars look upon as their children. All too soon the frail and ever-suffering Father President Serra passes. Disciples, neophytes, and soldiers come from all over California to pass before their beloved friar's grave and all wonder if the dream will be carried on.

I will, of course, cut it down to 25 or so words for the book blurb.

Appreciate your help.

Now that the rights to my Father Serra’s Legacy has returned to me, I am going to republish them on Amazon.com.

I’ve already decided on a new title for Book One, changing from The Carpenter and the Sailor to The Englishman and The Majican (Indian?)

So, it’s now time to look at a new title for Book Two, The King’s Highway.

It is actually about exploring and laying out the route to be known as The King’s Highway. Exploration plays the biggest past of it.

Laying Out The King’s Highway is closer to describing the novel but Laying Out doesn’t feel right to me. So, how about Establishing The King’s Highway? Or Mapping Out The King’s Highway?

Here’s the long book description dreamed up by my previous publisher:

Timothy Beadle and Jaime the Cahita followed their beloved Father President Serra through the wastelands of Baja California. At his behest, they join Governor Portolá and Father Crespí north to explore the unknown lands of Upper California. Led by the stalwart Sergeant Ortega, the band encounters many obstacles but finally reach the place where Mission San Francisco de Asís will someday stand. Over the next 15 years, they toil to help Father President Serra establish nine missions and watch as the governors establish three military garrisons designed to hold back possible intrusion by Russian fur traders. They settle in the Carmel Valley and raise families while still doing everything possible to reach Father President Serra's goal of bringing The Word of God to the Native Americans he and his brother friars look upon as their children. All too soon the frail and ever-suffering Father President Serra passes. Disciples, neophytes, and soldiers come from all over California to pass before their beloved friar's grave and all wonder if the dream will be carried on.

I will, of course, cut it down to 25 or so words for the book blurb.

Appreciate your help.
Hmm.....

To the End of the Kings Highway

That sounds much more appropriate to Me.

Mapping the King's highway?

Traversing the King's highway?

Pioneering the King's Highway?

Okay, I'm done brain fartins.

Beer time! :beer:

Here's to ya, Diaz! :salute:

Forum List

Back