Help Understanding

Lunchables

Rookie
Jan 6, 2012
Ladies and Gentlemen hello, i'm Lunchables. I'm not the sharpest tool in the shed when it comes to economics in general so i'm going to ask you folks. =D

What would happen to the US economy if every business/corporation or whatever took their profits and returned it to the US government so the government could cover costs and deficits and what not for 1 year?

I realize companies and whatever businesses call themselves could not expand themselves, but are there more profound effects on not just companies, but us citizens as well?

The problem is that if you don't get to keep your profits then there's no incentive to produce the things you sell. If the government said to you "all the money you earn over $20,000 we're gonna take away from you", you'd react to that by not working as much anymore. It's costly for you to work. Work sucks, you could be doing other stuff with your time. So once you've earned the 20,000, why would you continue to work anymore? So the result is that not only do you get less money, the government gets less money too because you're not earning any money for them to take.

Ahh, thank you. That makes sense lol, I guess I lack a little common sense as well.

Forum List

Back