Help the Homeless

What do you think we should do "to help the homeless" art15? You started the thread. Should we get a pocket full of $20's and pass them out to every rag bag we see on the street? The liquor stores will get a windfall. Do we contribute to agencies that the filter the money through their administrations? Take one home for the holidays and hope you don't get stabbed in your sleep? Unless you are living under a rock you have to know that there are people who should be institutionalized but are living on the street and there are substance abusers of all kinds and runaway kids. The greatest Country in the world offers shelter and food to these people but some refuse or are unable abide by the rules. What's your suggestion?

There have been plenty of suggestions in this thread but you knew that.

Negged.

Give us your personal favorite and we will discuss it instead of playing games and pretending we care.

I didn't post this thread to discuss the merits of helping the homeless or to get into some kind of debate with the likes of you, "rag bag"

Get bent, you racist loser.

• Thanks
Reactions: del
The way this administration has pandered the "poor" with handouts of every kind, it may disgust the general public so much that they will forget the true victims of this economy, the homeless and refuse to give to the neediest of all. Are they the true victims of the Obama way?

Give what you can...the American way!

There have been plenty of suggestions in this thread but you knew that.

Negged.

Give us your personal favorite and we will discuss it instead of playing games and pretending we care.

I didn't post this thread to discuss the merits of helping the homeless or to get into some kind of debate with the likes of you, "rag bag"

Get bent, you racist loser.

:eusa_drool:If that is the case why don't you send an e-mail to the WH and suggest Ubama drop one or two of his costly vacations and instead donate that money to the homeless. Im sure it would go a long way.

I grew up homeless, back when there was no help whatsoever for the homeless. There were no food banks, or shelters, or even medical care. There was nothing.

I guarantee you that if my parents had access to the kind of help given to the homeless today, my Dad would NEVER have gotten a job. I would never have gone to law school. My son would have been third generation welfare instead of a business executive.

My old office was in an area where there were a lot of homeless. From time to time I offered some of them a menial little task to do to make some money. They certainly begged enough. Not a single one considered working for $20.00 instead of bumming a $5.00. I never saw anyone as busy as a homeless derelict.

Stop helping the homeless. Stop enabling the poor to remain in whatever lifestyle they have chosen. Poverty isn''t nealy as painful as it should be.
I have made similar observations and I agree with you.

A number of years ago I became aware of a group in my area who actually made their living training people how to mimic certain ailments so that they could get SSI and Medicaid. Even reporting them did not stop it as they just moved underground further.

The way this administration has pandered the "poor" with handouts of every kind, it may disgust the general public so much that they will forget the true victims of this economy, the homeless and refuse to give to the neediest of all. Are they the true victims of the Obama way?

Give what you can...the American way!
I never give money to help the poor or homeless; not since the government usurped personal charity and assumed the responsibility. My family gets every penny.:mad:

All,

If you can, please do something for the homeless. Not just now because it is Christmas but whenever you can.

I saw something last night that rocked me straight to the core and I will never be the same. I don't want to get into the details of what I saw because it's just too damn sad to share.

Many of us have no clue how good we have it.

I'm begging you all, please, go out and help your fellow man anyway you can.

- Matt
Interesting name, did you get one in the service?

All,

If you can, please do something for the homeless. Not just now because it is Christmas but whenever you can.

I saw something last night that rocked me straight to the core and I will never be the same. I don't want to get into the details of what I saw because it's just too damn sad to share.

- Matt

I did.

I never give money to help the homeless most of whom are quite happy being homeless.

My charity money goes to help animals who have no choice in their circumstances at all.

I never give money to help the homeless most of whom are quite happy being homeless.

My charity money goes to help animals who have no choice in their circumstances at all.

Not all homeless people are like that though.

You will seldom meet anyone homeless, it isnt something one brags about. You see plenty of the professional homeless.

Sad all the way around....

All,

- Matt

Nope, just a couple of LORs

All,

- Matt

I got one and a suspended bust.

The one I deserved I got one for being really drunk and stupid.

The other I got the other for disconnecting a faulty fire alarm in my dorm room after it (and many others) went off for more than 24 hours without anyone doing anything to fix the problem. Sometimes the SFS needs to find better shit to harass Airmen about.

The one I deserved I got one for being really drunk and stupid.

The other I got the other for disconnecting a faulty fire alarm in my dorm room after it (and many others) went off for more than 24 hours without anyone doing anything to fix the problem. Sometimes the SFS needs to find better shit to harass Airmen about.

Yeah mine was a result of alcohol as well.

Forum List

Back