Help Save America

A Certificate of Birth Abroad is what one receives when born outside the US.

Said Certificate asserts the following...

Certificate of Birth Abroad of a Citizen of the United States of America

This is to certify that according to records on file in this Office xxxxxxx sex xxxx was born at xxxxx on xxxx Report of birth recorded on xxxx In Witness Whereof, I have hereunto subscribed my name and affixed the seal of the Consular Service of the United States of America at xxxxx this xxx day of xxx

The Certificate is from the Department of State Foreign Service of the United States of America

A copy with records is maintained BY the Government

Further having been born in Panama would actually make him born on what was at the time CONSIDERED US Soil unless they took him out in the local community to be born. Further US bases are considered US territory and thus again unless born in a foreign hospital off base, one being born in a US Hospital aboard a US military Base applies as being born on US Soil.

He is covered 10 ways to Sunday.

Err your only argument seems to rest on the idea that being born on foreign soil that is US owned means it is US soil. This is true, but its unclear as to whether its "natural" US soil.

the whole issue regarding the birthplace of john mccain is BEYOND stupid.

stop it. just stop.

A commonwealth though IS US Soil. So even if both his parents being Americans did not matter ( a misnomer, all it takes is one) even if we did not already consider all births abroad as natural citizens if one parent is a Citizen, then the meer fact he WAS born on US soil is all that matters.

*sigh*...actually its unclear whether Commonwealths are natural US soil. In fact they probably aren't. His saving grace is that it was on a military base and his parents were US citizens.

"Oh, and brush up on your history about American commonwealths. They don't get a vote in US elections. Nor do they get a voting representative in either the Senate or the House. So no, they don't have all the rights of US citizens."

Well, Actually I don't need to brush up at all. I lived in Guam for 4 yrs and as a matter of fact I did vote while I was there. You are missing a HUGE point here...his parents were US citizens and YES they would hve been able to vote and YES he is a natrual born citizen.PERIOD!

If he wasn't a "Natural Born US CITIZEN" then he would not have qualified to be a Senator in the first place.

This is just another attempt by the NY Post to attack McCain since their last attack failed. Now they will try this one.

A Senator is NOT required to be a natural born US Citizen.

No person shall be a Senator who shall not have attained to the age of thirty years, and been nine years a citizen of the United States and who shall not, when elected, be an inhabitant of that state for which he shall be chosen.

http://www.law.cornell.edu/constitution/constitution.articlei.html#section3

Err your only argument seems to rest on the idea that being born on foreign soil that is US owned means it is US soil. This is true, but its unclear as to whether its "natural" US soil.

Not even, since his parents were US Citizens he could have been born on Mars, it does not matter where he was born.

"Oh, and brush up on your history about American commonwealths. They don't get a vote in US elections. Nor do they get a voting representative in either the Senate or the House. So no, they don't have all the rights of US citizens."

Well, Actually I don't need to brush up at all. I lived in Guam for 4 yrs and as a matter of fact I did vote while I was there. You are missing a HUGE point here...his parents were US citizens and YES they would hve been able to vote and YES he is a natrual born citizen.PERIOD!

Oh? So tell me which US president you voted for in the general election you voted for. Tell me who you voted for in the US senate. Tell me which votes your house rep voted on.

If he wasn't a "Natural Born US CITIZEN" then he would not have qualified to be a Senator in the first place.

Really do some research before you open your mouth. Senators are eligible after being US citizens for 9 years.

This is just another attempt by the NY Post to attack McCain since their last attack failed. Now they will try this one.

My god...do you get anything right?

Lmao...so if he is a Muslim its "indoctrination", but if he is a Christian its "teaching"? Nice double standard there.

Playing on Obamas links to Islam is fear mongering. The sad fact is that people in this country wouldn't vote in a Muslim as president because they discriminate against members of that religion. Even being linked to it counts negatively, and the worst on the right are trying to link him as closely as they can to Islam and its disgusting.

Laugh all you like....................when Christians start strapping bombs on themselves maybe I'll change my double standard...............:rolleyes:

Well actually the term "left" or "right" offends me because of the no faced or identitied ambiguous boogy men it creates in both instances without addressing actual personal views of either, just creating more divisive mottled imaginary lines and reasons not to co operate on any level......................and lumping is lumping AND WORKS BOTH WAYS now doesn't it?:rolleyes:

Not even, since his parents were US Citizens he could have been born on Mars, it does not matter where he was born.

Yes it does. The Constitution doesn't say one needs to have been born a US citizen, it says one needs to have been "natural-born". How do we know that this doesn't include people born on bases outside the states? Because in 1790 the first congress wrote a law that said that anyone who was born on a military base outside the US was considered to be natural born. So...tell me why that law was necessary if those born on military bases are considered natural born?

Laugh all you like....................when Christians start strapping bombs on themselves maybe I'll change my double standard...............:rolleyes:

Well Christians are bombing others...oh wait, thats ok right?

Well actually the term "left" or "right" offends me because of the no faced or identitied ambiguous boogy men it creates in both instances without addressing actual personal views of either, just creating more divisive mottled imaginary lines and reasons not to co operate on any level......................and lumping is lumping AND WORKS BOTH WAYS now doesn't it?:rolleyes:

But yet you are willing to lump muslims which is a FAR more heterogeneous group that the "right", especially since I am not referring to everyone on the right, only some.

Um Jenny that statement is wrong......................the commonwealth of Pennsylvania certainly votes and has the same rights as anyone else .............I think?:rolleyes:

AND I believe that Puerto Rico is also a common wealth and THEY VOTE in our elections........................:eusa_whistle:

Um Jenny that statement is wrong......................the commonwealth of Pennsylvania certainly votes and has the same rights as anyone else .............I think?:rolleyes:

I made that statement, not her. ANd you are right that Penn. does...but Guam does not. Perhaps the difference is that it is a territory as opposed to being a commonwealth.

AND I believe that Puerto Rico is also a common wealth and THEY VOTE in our elections........................:eusa_whistle:

No, they don't. They are in the same situation as Guam. They don't get a vote in the general election, and they get a non-voting house rep, and no representation in the Senate.

Well Christians are bombing others...oh wait, thats ok right?

But yet you are willing to lump muslims which is a FAR more heterogeneous group that the "right", especially since I am not referring to everyone on the right, only some.

No I don't agree that anyone should've been bombed...................."Shock and Awe" was the most disgusting thing that I've ever witnessed.:eusa_eh:

for real... before this little sliver of polarized stupidity was thrown into our little thunderdome did ANY of you give the first rats ass about where mccain was born?

Was that the mitigating factor in your decision on who to vote for?

stop letting the tail wag the dog.

Jenny J.. dont' get too excited.. i'm an Obama supporter.

No I don't agree that anyone should've been bombed...................."Shock and Awe" was the most disgusting thing that I've ever witnessed.:eusa_eh:

But yet you don't generalize Christians, or Americans based on that, do you?

for real... before this little sliver of polarized stupidity was thrown into our little thunderdome did ANY of you give the first rats ass about where mccain was born?

Was that the mitigating factor in your decision on who to vote for?

stop letting the tail wag the dog.

Jenny J.. dont' get too excited.. i'm an Obama supporter.

Its amusing to point out to people how retarded their prejudices are. Anyway it turned into a much more interesting thread, arguing the academics of the Constitution, as opposed to RGS trying to pin some retarded claim on me because I object to obvious discriminatory smears on Obama.

No I don't......................because our citizens are not jumping up and down burning them in effigy, Christian or otherwise.....................:eusa_think:

Don't you remember all the talk and glee and joy about "bombing them into the stone age...oh wait haha they are already there" crap when we invaded Afghanistan and similar rhetoric when we invaded Iraq?

Its less flashy here to be sure, but there is exactly the same moronic sentiments of hate and disgust of the "other" that there are other there. That and usually their "dancing with glee" is a few isolated incidents that the MSM plays as if its happening all over the Muslim world.

Forum List

Back