Help need Chinese recipe's quickly before Dec. 19th

Trinity

VIP Member
Jun 16, 2004
Help my son's 3rd grade social studies class, is researching countries and their cultures. They are planning on having a International Cultural Feast on Mon. Dec. 20th, and my son's culture he is studying happens to be Chinese :eek2: , so we are suppose to make a Chinese dish to bring in for the feast and I have no clue what so ever. It should probably be something that would be palatable to a bunch of 8 and 9 year olds. oh and also very easy to make I hate cooking! any recipes out there, please post them. They can be main dishes, side dishes, or even dessert, and yes I have already considered going to the store and buying fortune cookies!

khafley said:
Help my son's 3rd grade social studies class, is researching countries and their cultures. They are planning on having a International Cultural Feast on Mon. Dec. 20th, and my son's culture he is studying happens to be Chinese :eek2: , so we are suppose to make a Chinese dish to bring in for the feast and I have no clue what so ever. It should probably be something that would be palatable to a bunch of 8 and 9 year olds. oh and also very easy to make I hate cooking! any recipes out there, please post them. They can be main dishes, side dishes, or even dessert, and yes I have already considered going to the store and buying fortune cookies!

Try a fried rice dish.. They're very mild, and they don't leave much for kids to complain about. :D

Shattered said:
Try a fried rice dish.. They're very mild, and they don't leave much for kids to complain about. :D

agreed. or even pot stickers (you can buy Panda Brand Pot Stickers at Costco)

Ok in case you haven't already figured out I don't eat Chinese food or I probably would have thought of fried rice, but I gotta ask what is pot stickers. I don't think I have ever heard of them.

khafley said:
Ok in case you haven't already figured out I don't eat Chinese food or I probably would have thought of fried rice, but I gotta ask what is pot stickers. I don't think I have ever heard of them.
a big bag of fortune cookies?

khafley....
You don't like to cook..and don't have recipe. I think the simplest solution is
to just go to the local Chinese Restaurant and buy some fried rice, empty into your
own container and take it in. :)

khafley said:

All my recipes are Hunan and very spicy. Not very good for kids. You can always buy those bags of frozen Chinese dinners that are already prepared and all you have to do is heat it up.

khafley said:

POT STICKERS ARE SICK!!!!!!!!! My mom made them and it smelled we had a horse with diarreah (sp??) in the house. Made me wanna puke up some body parts. :puke3: No one knows what they are. :poop:

Well, this looked simple

Title: Butterfly Cookies
Categories: Chinese, Cookies, Ceideburg 2
Yield: 1 servings

1 Package won ton wrappers
1 c Powdered sugar
Oil for deep frying

Fixed these guys last night. Good stuff! Quite simple to do. I also
tried using granulated sugar and cinnamon as well as the powdered
sugar. All were equally good.

Yield: About 80

PREPARATION: Cut each won ton wrapper into 2 rectangles. Lay one
rectangle on top of the other to form a double thickness. Make three
1/2-inch slits in the center, lengthwise. To form a bow, pull one
end through the middle slit.

COOKING: Deep fry butterflies until golden, about 1 minute or less.
Drain on paper towel. Sift powdered sugar over both sides. Cool.

DO-AHEAD NOTES: These keep several weeks in air-tight containers. [Fat
chance! They didn't even make it through the next day! S.C.]

COMMENTS: These can also be made from egg roll wrappers but they're
three times as large. I prefer using won ton wrappers because I
think their mini size makes them more attractive.
http://search.netscape.com/ns/boomf...ww.mrfreefree.com/family/chinese_recipes.html

TheEnemyWithin said:
POT STICKERS ARE SICK!!!!!!!!! My mom made them and it smelled we had a horse with diarreah (sp??) in the house. Made me wanna puke up some body parts. :puke3: No one knows what they are. :poop:

Pot stickers are pork, rice and veggies (usually spinach) wrapped in won-ton wrappers and then usually, pan fried. They are quite good.

Thanks all, for all the recipes and ideas, actually I think we have a chinese buffet resturant that just opened up here about 6 months ago. I may have to check that out see if I can get enough fried rice for 20 kid's.

khafley said:
Thanks all, for all the recipes and ideas, actually I think we have a chinese buffet resturant that just opened up here about 6 months ago. I may have to check that out see if I can get enough fried rice for 20 kid's.
Two orders will do it, tops.:thup:

Forum List

Back