Help me Understand

hortysir

In Memorial of 47
Apr 30, 2010
Port Charlotte, FL
The word "antiChrist" is only actually 'said' 4 times in the Bible.

In none of these 4 times is it used to describe a specific individual, but merely to describe a nature that is contradictory to Christ.

I know, personally, I was raised up to believe that "The Antichrist is coming" or that "The Antichrist will do this or look like that or cause this".

Who first made the connection of the Beast and the 'antiChrist'??

:eusa_pray:

Have you considered that the interpretations are actually based on synbolism and that the anti-christ is not an actual person but a set of anti-christian practices that most of the world will take up and therefore must be condemned by christians?

I always considered it in that type of format. The idea that the anti-christ is a person is probably an attempt by Christianlike cults to scare up membership..

Have you considered that the interpretations are actually based on synbolism and that the anti-christ is not an actual person but a set of anti-christian practices that most of the world will take up and therefore must be condemned by christians?

I always considered it in that type of format. The idea that the anti-christ is a person is probably an attempt by Christianlike cults to scare up membership..
I guess that's part of my problem with the concept.
I'm a sola-scripture kinda guy.
:cool:
I get the symbolism connections. I just don't see the scriptural evidence.

SO many people have been labeled THE anti-Christ and for someone such as me that wants to see the scriptural evidence that supports that claim, I'm found wanting.

If 'they' want to label someone the beast, fine. But the Beast and the antiChrist, it seems to me, are 2 separate things.
:eusa_pray:

Dude you're going to singlehandedly cause me to turn avatars off if you don't get that nasty ass hoof the fuck out of there.

From Missourian's link

There are Old Testament references to the antichrist, though the terms "antichrist" and "man of lawlessness" are not used. Instead, "the little horn" and "worthless shepherd" are used as they prophesy his arrival.
Who is to say that all these terms refer to the same person??

From Missourian's link

There are Old Testament references to the antichrist, though the terms "antichrist" and "man of lawlessness" are not used. Instead, "the little horn" and "worthless shepherd" are used as they prophesy his arrival.
Who is to say that all these terms refer to the same person??

I deleted that msg, I didn't agree with the last line.

But to answer your question, look at how many different titles Jesus has...Good Shepherd, King of kings, Son of Man, Son of God, Messiah, Lord, Christ, Redeemer...etc.

The Antichrist also is referred to by many names.

Here is a better link:

The False Shepherd* -* John MacArthur

I'm going to sit back and read Zachariah right now.

Last edited:

New Topics

Forum List

Back