Help me out here..

trobinett

Oct 25, 2004
Arkansas, The Ozarks
In the news today, I've been hearing, that a woman was willing to blow herself, and her six month old child up in the name of the fight against the infidels.

WTF is up with these people? Is their lives so devoid of promise, that they have given up?

I remember a scene from the GodFather II, where a Cuban blew himself up taking out some military police, that one act sure seemed to impress Mikael Corlione

I don't know about the rest of you, but I don't put much value on someone blowing themselves up. Seems the act of a desperate person, that has found themselves in a desperate situation.

It seems most of these "bombings" are done by the young or female bombers, wonder if THAT means anything?

One just has to wonder why these bombers can't see the folly of their sacrifice. I wonder why they haven't asked those that are strapping the explosive to them, why THEY don't sacrifice THEMSELVES?

The monks in Vietnam didn't blow anyone up, but they did light themselves on fire. I can respect that, they belive, and are willing to make a very graphic statement of their faith. These bombers are blowing up innocent people, women, and children, non-combatants. Seems to me, that it just has the reverse effect, rather than respect their sacrifice, it just pisses people off.

I don't know, maybe its just me.:smoke:

The fact that they are young and/or female illustrates that every culture including our own tends to sacrifice the weak or weak minded or devalued members of society.

Why they are willing to sacrifice themselves? Their religion or the corrupt version of it that is popular is idiotic to the extreme and the people who follow it are idiots.

Islam just brings out the best in people eh?

:arabia:

Well Hawk, maybe there's more truth in that statement than maybe you intended.:smoke:

Kinda feel's like Islam is over the edge, and bringing a whole region of the world with it.

Hell, maybe it IS the "End of days".:firing: :tank: :crutch:

The fact that they are young and/or female illustrates that every culture including our own tends to sacrifice the weak or weak minded or devalued members of society.

Why they are willing to sacrifice themselves? Their religion or the corrupt version of it that is popular is idiotic to the extreme and the people who follow it are idiots.

Hmmm, that's a curious statement Nuc, I DO agree in part, but in OUR culture, we seem to go out of our way to help the weak, and handicapped. Wasn't that many years ago, I remember them tearing the hell out of downtown so people in wheel chairs could get around. I wonder how many wheel chair friendly places there are in the Middle East?

Hmmm, that's a curious statement Nuc, I DO agree in part, but in OUR culture, we seem to go out of our way to help the weak, and handicapped. Wasn't that many years ago, I remember them tearing the hell out of downtown so people in wheel chairs could get around. I wonder how many wheel chair friendly places there are in the Middle East?

You are correct about how we in the west accomodate the weak and handicapped. I was referring to our volunteer military targeting and recruiting the poor and minorities while upper class youth seldom serve.

Fairly good analysis.........ignorance breeds stupidity

You are correct about how we in the west accomodate the weak and handicapped. I was referring to our volunteer military targeting and recruiting the poor and minorities while upper class youth seldom serve.

Many "poor and minorities" fought long and hard for the right to even serve in the military. And now liberals have spun it around to make it look like we exploit poor and minorities. The military is a great opportunity for anyone.

But I would like you to explain how exactly being poor or a minority is in any way being weak, weak minded, or handicapped? :eek2:

So it sounds like you'd be a great candidate... - seeing as how you're weak-minded enough to be a lib..

Many "poor and minorities" fought long and hard for the right to even serve in the military. And now liberals have spun it around to make it look like we exploit poor and minorities. The military is a great opportunity for anyone.

But I would like you to explain how exactly being poor or a minority is in any way being weak, weak minded, or handicapped? :eek2:

At least from my perspective, people in the Middle East are kept poor, beaten, scared, and uneducated by tyranical leaders as a way to keep the masses submissive, therefore in that environment it's easy for them to be brainwashed by fanatics who exploit the conditions and turn anger away from their own governments into anger at the West. I can see a parellel here in the US in that the poor are kept poor by a liberal agenda that keeps them always just treading water but never really getting ahead, which in turn creates anger directed towards the so called "rich", which now seems to include middleclass making 50 thousand a year. Same agenda different parts of thr world. And so it goes...
It's the age old dilemna of have's vs have-nots, nothing new, but very effective apparently?

Regarding the military, I agree with you that many have bettered themselves via joining the military, and it is often they who serve admirably.

A place for everything, and everything in its place Nuc.

I see no problem with the way our military "targets" the underprivileged, I think its an "opportunity", NOT a move to "use", or put in "harms way", those that are less privileged.

The part that is of paramount importance here, is the term "volunteer", we have finally arrived at that point in time, where we can "afford" to field such a military machine.

Upper class youth serve at their "pleasure", and yes, it is nice, and SAFE, to have that option, but, they do ten to be a TARGET.

THANKS for your response.

Thanks Hawk, a good analyzes, and one that needs to be kept in mind.

I agree that the military is a GREAT opportunity, it was for me, I received a collage education from it, and that education has allowed me to become very successful. Something I'll never forget.

At least from my perspective, people in the Middle East are kept poor, beaten, scared, and uneducated by tyranical leaders as a way to keep the masses submissive, therefore in that environment it's easy for them to be brainwashed by fanatics who exploit the conditions and turn anger away from their own governments into anger at the West. I can see a parellel here in the US in that the poor are kept poor by a liberal agenda that keeps them always just treading water but never really getting ahead, which in turn creates anger directed towards the so called "rich", which now seems to include middleclass making 50 thousand a year. Same agenda different parts of thr world. And so it goes...
It's the age old dilemna of have's vs have-nots, nothing new, but very effective apparently?

Regarding the military, I agree with you that many have bettered themselves via joining the military, and it is often they who serve admirably.

I was waiting for a response from you Bonnie, you seem to get to the "meat, and potatoes" of the issue.

The "have's, and Have-nots", very good, and very appropriate to this thread.

Do the "bombers" fall in to the have-not's?

I wonder.

Compared to other cultures, they seem to have access to lifes necessities.

Am I missing something here?

I was waiting for a response from you Bonnie, you seem to get to the "meat, and potatoes" of the issue.

The "have's, and Have-nots", very good, and very appropriate to this thread.

Do the "bombers" fall in to the have-not's?

I wonder.

Compared to other cultures, they seem to have access to lifes necessities.

Am I missing something here?

Im not sure the haves vs have-nots is the sole reason for Islamic terrorism, but when you have whole populations of people beaten down it certainly is good breeding ground. Bin-Laden was wealthy to the extreme, and many of the 9/11 terrorists were middleclass and educated in engineering etc. So you could ask what their motivation was and I can only suppose it's a darkening of the intellect based on their induction and brainwashing into a hatred of the West based on a subversion of their faith, and a need for self importance?. Bottom line is happy people who have happy families and a love of God do not kill whether rich or poor.

That is an incorrect, and misleading statement on your part. Military recruiters target ALL high school seniors, rich or poor, black or white, male or female.

Guess which ones join the service and which ones go to work in Daddy's company?

Im not sure the haves vs have-nots is the sole reason for Islamic terrorism, but when you have whole populations of people beaten down is certainly is good breeding ground. Bin-Laden was wealthy to the extreme, and many of the 9/11 terrorists were middleclass and educated in engineering etc. So you could ask what their motivation was and I can only suppose it's a darkening of the intellect based on their induction and brainwashing into a hatred of the West based on a subversion of their faith, and a need for self importance?. Bottom line is happy people who have happy families and a love of God do not kill whether rich or poor.

Where are THEIR religious leaders, when they need them most?

Seems to me, that is but one of the short comings of the faith, that most in the middle east seem to practice, to one degree or the other.:spank3:

Forum List

Back