CDZ Help me list forms of welfare

This year alone 12 billion in cash for farmers over the trade tariff wars..I should file to get one since I own a farm but I am not like those corporate farmers that suck on the government's teet..

well the funny thing about welfare is generally it is applied to helping the poor or people living in poverty as defined by the government

The below link list over 600 welfare benefits run by the various states but receives government funds under TANF

US Welfare System - Benefit Finder and Statistics

I have been a firm believer that other programs such has bankruptcy, farm and any subsidizes, tax breaks, and even government perks are a form of welfare but they use different names for it.

I guess when individual, businesses, government employees are given breaks that it is rubbing it in and will hurt their feeling when you say its welfare

since welfare is 7 letter dirty word that nobody want to hear especially if you don't consider yourself poor but will take that government hand out
Like businessmen and corporations do or do you just like to point fingers at the lower rung of society?

well the funny thing about welfare is generally it is applied to helping the poor or people living in poverty as defined by the government

The below link list over 600 welfare benefits run by the various states but receives government funds under TANF

US Welfare System - Benefit Finder and Statistics

I have been a firm believer that other programs such has bankruptcy, farm and any subsidizes, tax breaks, and even government perks are a form of welfare but they use different names for it.

I guess when individual, businesses, government employees are given breaks that it is rubbing it in and will hurt their feeling when you say its welfare

since welfare is 7 letter dirty word that nobody want to hear especially if you don't consider yourself poor but will take that government hand out
Like businessmen and corporations do or do you just like to point fingers at the lower rung of society?
It is commendable that you do not abuse farm subsidizes and crop insurance

The government gives hand outs to the poor and the wealthy in keeping with the discussion topic. They just use different names to describe this assistance. But the bottom line is they are both the same thing which is that the government provides assistance

The poor get assistance because sometimes it is a matter of survival for the basic necessities of live

In my opinion it is wrong to criticizes the poor because they need assistance when there really is no difference between getting assistance if your poor or having money

I do not have a problem with welfare

A lot of it does benefit children who should not have to suffer or go hungry because of the social ladder that they were born in

Feeding people who are hungry

providing medical assistance

A roof over their heads

If man wants to go to Mars fine but make sure the people on Earth have the basics for survival

I would even support college for those who want to go but can't afford it

To me this is a no brainier, We need more educated people

-EITC and all other refundable tax credits.

-All subsidies.

-Government-run schools.

-Medicare/Medicaid.

-Foreign aid.

-Section 8 housing.

-The pilfering from the highway trust fund for urban mass transit scams.
Medicare is funded by your direct taxation for your elder years like SSI.

Allowing banks to do what ever they can get away with. Bank of America pulled in 2,400,000,000 earnings for one quarter.
but now are charging 12.00 a month for customers with low balances. making it even harder for low income people to make ends meet.

Lets create more jobs for people trying to track peoples needs, so those who just use the system can be weeded out, but no child go's with out food .

I'm not even interested in if they are good or bad. I just want a list so I can go google em all.

I'll start with historical ones which should not be controversial:

-The land grants to the transcontinental and other railroads

-Corps of engineers dredging projects to help the barges

-Food stamps

-Unemployment

-Private Bankruptcy

-Corporate Bankruptcy (another whole level of government aid above private bankruptcy)

-WIC (Wik? The good food for free for your kids program)
The public school system...

Have no kids in school, always vote for public schools. good or not so good we need educated people in this high tec world

Forum List

Back