Help Me! I'm a Victim! Poor Me...

I know a girl who developed borderline personality disorder because one parent smothered her and another ignored her during her childhood. No matter how hard she tries it’s an uphill battle for her. That’s just the reality of her life. There are plenty of people like her suffering out there. Not everyone can overcome their circumstances. I’m not saying giving up is ever the answer
Sad she can’t recognize it for what it is, and let it shape her to become better than the totality of her upbringing.

she’ll be alright one minute, and the next minute she’ll feel an emptiness that is debilitating. She’s been through the gamete as far as taking pychiatric drugs and psychotherapy. She has no control over her feelings. How do you help someone like that? I’ve been asking myself that for 4 years.
There comes a point where I know I can no longer do anything to help another so I simply pray and ask God to do it because I am at a loss at to what more I can do for them. Seems to work.
And it will. I used to have this imaginary shelf that held problems. When something was bothering so much, I felt helpless and hopeless, I imagined me putting that problem up on the shelf and bringing it down when I felt I was strong, had the facts or help to deal with it. I could always put it back up there for a while, but I couldn't think about while it was on the shelf.

Interestingly ( amazingly) I was listening to something about God and giving your problems to Him. But the trick was, once you gave the problem to him, you can't get it back. He would deal with it.

How alike that sounds about my imaginary old wooded shelf! I was 12 when I dreamed that up! My family never went to church and I had to ask a close friend in college who Jesus was! What a wonder!
It is amazing when we can reflect on how we were kept from so many things by the holy spirit that has been with us from the get-go.

Me, too! A blessing in many ways. ;)

BTW, Rod calls me "runt" a lot.

Rod, short people make up for their height with high iq's.

lol, awe thanks Jackson. I'd tell Rod that but... He actually just makes joke about it because I cannot reach as high the same as he can and sometimes when we are doing projects and such he forgets about that.

Sounds like a good relationship. :)
Yes, getting close to going on forty years now and he is still my best friend and my one and only.

da "holy spirit"?

Sad she can’t recognize it for what it is, and let it shape her to become better than the totality of her upbringing.

she’ll be alright one minute, and the next minute she’ll feel an emptiness that is debilitating. She’s been through the gamete as far as taking pychiatric drugs and psychotherapy. She has no control over her feelings. How do you help someone like that? I’ve been asking myself that for 4 years.
There comes a point where I know I can no longer do anything to help another so I simply pray and ask God to do it because I am at a loss at to what more I can do for them. Seems to work.
And it will. I used to have this imaginary shelf that held problems. When something was bothering so much, I felt helpless and hopeless, I imagined me putting that problem up on the shelf and bringing it down when I felt I was strong, had the facts or help to deal with it. I could always put it back up there for a while, but I couldn't think about while it was on the shelf.

Interestingly ( amazingly) I was listening to something about God and giving your problems to Him. But the trick was, once you gave the problem to him, you can't get it back. He would deal with it.

How alike that sounds about my imaginary old wooded shelf! I was 12 when I dreamed that up! My family never went to church and I had to ask a close friend in college who Jesus was! What a wonder!
It is amazing when we can reflect on how we were kept from so many things by the holy spirit that has been with us from the get-go.

BTW, Rod calls me "runt" a lot.

lol, awe thanks Jackson. I'd tell Rod that but... He actually just makes joke about it because I cannot reach as high the same as he can and sometimes when we are doing projects and such he forgets about that.

Yes, getting close to going on forty years now and he is still my best friend and my one and only.

da "holy spirit"?

Come on rosie just spit it all out.... maybe you can eventually cough up that bad meal you had as a child
:11_2_1043:

da "holy spirit"?
Come on rosie just spit it all out.... maybe you can eventually cough up that bad meal you had as a child

Liver night? ------liver because every little girl should eat Liver----
because Liver has IRON and pregnant women need IRON-----
------that one?

da "holy spirit"?

------that one?
You getting ready to birth something new into your spirit?

No one dwells on personal victimhood like the whiney Orange Bitch in the White House! :)

Witch hunts and lynching: How Trump appropriates victimhood - CNNPolitics
Opinion | The Victim President
Trump Cries About Impeachment ‘Lynching’ as His GOP Embraces a Twisted Sense of Victimization

tenor.gif
Change you name. You certainly aren't Dr.Love!

Well what can I say - It is what the ladies call me! :up:

da "holy spirit"?

------that one?
You getting ready to birth something new into your spirit?[/QUOTE

do I have to eat more liver?

da "holy spirit"?

------that one?
You getting ready to birth something new into your spirit?[/QUOTE

do I have to eat more liver?
How about rib steak instead? Its not as gaggy as Liver

I am a person of color...Help Me! I am a Victim! Poor Me!

I am a woman...Help Me! I am a Victim! Poor Me!

I am handicapped...Help Me! I am a Victim! Poor Me!

Please allow me to make one correction. They are not saying "Help me"...they are saying "gimme your damn money or I'll burn your house down and slit your throat".

And then they STILL claim victimhood!

I am an immigrant...Help Me! I am a Victim! Poor Me!

I am an illegal....Help Me! I am a Victim! Poor Me!

I come from a broken home....Help Me! I am a Victim! Poor Me!

My family was dysfunctional...Help Me! I am a Victim! Poor Me!

My husband left me....Help Me! I am a Victim! Poor Me!

My family was poor....Help Me! I am a Victim! Poor Me!

I was fired from my job....Help Me! I am a Victim! Poor Me!

Well, pull up those boot straps and take care of your problem. There are more and more people looking for help instead of deciding I am NOT going to be a victim. I am not a loser!

I was impeached...Help Me! I am a victim! Poor Me!

d2c5f3451d5c46396600ff0ce137791f.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

You may be a stupid asshole but you're no victim, you're just a stupid asshole plain and simple and it's very difficult to cure.

I am an immigrant...Help Me! I am a Victim! Poor Me!

I am an illegal....Help Me! I am a Victim! Poor Me!

I come from a broken home....Help Me! I am a Victim! Poor Me!

My family was dysfunctional...Help Me! I am a Victim! Poor Me!

My husband left me....Help Me! I am a Victim! Poor Me!

My family was poor....Help Me! I am a Victim! Poor Me!

I was fired from my job....Help Me! I am a Victim! Poor Me!

Well, pull up those boot straps and take care of your problem. There are more and more people looking for help instead of deciding I am NOT going to be a victim. I am not a loser!
I guess I'm a victim, as well. For the last several years I've been looked down upon by liberals because I'm a white, heterosexual, conservative, patriotic Christian male. Do I cry about it? Heck no. I'm proud to be these things and VERY proud of my president and country. And I thank GOD every waking moment that I live in THE best country in the world, the USA.

Forum List

Back